The Battle Spot Replay Thread

Little bump. Since I just had a very good two matches over the last two days against tofu, a consistent >1800s Triples player, and since I think most people interested in the format here are already familiar with the team I'm currently using, I thought I'd post these as a set so people can get a feel for what potential teams look like. In this case, tofu's using some interesting variations on the big six:

1) AYKW-WWWW-WW2Z-HHV6 (Loss; set up Trick Room at a disadvantageous time)

2) VJNG-WWWW-WW2Z-HG57 (Narrow win; Amoonguss makes a show of some surprise tech)

I'd played tofu once last season when he was using a Cresselia, Togekiss and Tyranitar in addition to Kang, Sylveon and Heatran. The changes this season appear to be for the better.

Last edited:
Here are a few good replays from my runs in Battle Spot Triples Free mode, of all places. I like this mode because I get to use a full team of six & fight against other players with Pokemon that normally aren't allowed in competition. This opens doors for some scary and fun team strategies! ...I just wish the quality of teams used by trainers was a little better than the typical squad of 6 super-powerful legendaries (blasted time-eating primal duo + mega leads ¬_¬) but I won't get into that now!

9Z6G-WWWW-WW2Z-J7EM
First time I fight against that neat Eject Button exploit that was outlined in the Research Thread the other day. At first I didn't know what the heck he was up to because I wanted to remove their level 1 Sableye & not have to worry about it messing me up under Trick Room, but it all made sense to me after the first turn of battle.

ERBG-WWWW-WW2P-WYFS
vs a Perish Trap team! Another first-timer for me, I don't recall ever having fought a well-built one before, even when I did this in Gen 5 (though my memory has been wrong before). I kind of don't like how the first round of Perish Song played out for me, but I played the second round quite well! Clefairy's amazing and prevented a highly-likely loss here. =)

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Me actually pulling off Sturdy Shedinja (Free Triples):
VUEG-WWWW-WW2Q-X4EZ

And in case you were wondering what the other three mons are for (non-imposter ditto!!?!), have a look at this:
5TFG-WWWW-WW2Q-X4YB

Last edited:
I finally played some Battlespot Triples on the cart after eons!! I chose Free Battle here. My team's not absolutely ready, but I got tired of waiting, so I went into Free battle to enjoy myself a little bit.

3UPW-WWWW-WW2T-XVCA

Hey now! A Giratina! Now that's something you can't see in Battlespot Rated. Maybe this is a shape of things to come of Triples Anything Goes is the next Online Comp? Anyway, I place Whimsicott in the middle here, so I can Taunt whoever I want, but it seems Cresellia went for Psychic. Machamp pulls his weight with Ice Punch providing great coverage against Garchomp and Gliscor, two Pokemon that could possibly KO Terrak with Earthquake! Overall a nice battle =).

ZFQG-WWWW-2WQ8

More Ubers! Here comes Primal Groudon. I have to admit, that first turn intimidated me a little, and the timer started to creep up on me! I was fretting about Primal Groudon's possible Earthquake, but I guess he decided on Eruption instead. Thanks to Machamp's Dynamic Punch, Volcarona couldn't exploit that sad little Rockslide miss.

4AWW-WWWW-WW2U-RWTW

I finally picked up my loins like a man and went into a ranked battle this time. Facing an atypical rain team trying out Kabutops as their Swift Swimmer! Apparently she was scared of Machamp doing something, and decided to use Fake Out on Machamp rather than Terrakion. Perhaps she thought I would Protect that turn. Also, a rather sad miss on her end with Hydro Pump. I want to say she deserved it, since she could've used Surf or Scald instead, but hey, one of these days Rock Slide might miss, huh?

2SYG-WWWW-WW2U-R39N

This time I fight a Sun team! I was a little concerned about whether Typhlosion had Focus Sash, or Heatran having Choice Scarf, so I did what I could and had Lopunny use Fake Out. I already knew Charizard couldn't outspeed me on that turn, so I felt good about attacking on turn 1! She forfeited half way, so I could never tell for sure whether Chlorophyll Vileplume would outspeed Terrakion...

Last edited:

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Finally getting some laddering in on cart and my connection here isn't so bad usually, only one disconnect in a game I would've won otherwise but I'll deal with it. Some really neat games so far I figure are worth sharing.

CRCG-WWWW-WW2T-UHJV
Physically defensive Jigglypuff for Stealth Rock (Full Team was Jigglypuff, Pichu, Pikachu, Greninja, Charizard X and Lucario). Expected some joker but the Greninja coming in on my Heatran switch-in, while incredibly risky, put me in a tough position thanks to that Stealth Rock ruining Magnezone's Sturdy. Almost like he knew exactly what I was doing.

P79G-WWWW-WW2V-43QM
Nasty hax in the beginning saves Kangaskhan on the first turn but I realized later that I could Lunar Dance in case I needed to. First Suicune I've fought at all so Magnezone got to do its job as a Suicune counter, and I never end up needing to Lunar Dance in the end.

GXHW-WWWW-WW2V-43R2
My favorite game so far, Landorus gets its first time to fully shine. Rough battle against the Aegislash/Hydreigon/Rotom-W core, bringing Cresselia ended up being a mistake so I was fighting a losing battle from the start (Conkeldurr/Talonflame/Venusaur were the rest). Heracross dealt with the latter two but Aegislash was an impossible wall for it while Landorus had to be careful since Aegislash could easily switch out, which led me into numerous risky plays that put me in an even worse position early on. Focus Blast on a King's Shield turn probably led him to assume I'd try that play again so Earth Power eventually sniped Aegislash. A clutch damage roll from Hydro Pump saves me in the end and it wasn't until the final turn that I realized it, since I overestimated the Dark Pulse damage earlier and assumed Hydreigon was Scarf. Very tense battle fitting for the music choice and I finished on that high note for now, sitting at 7-1 or 8-1 at the moment.

Starting with a Triples Free Battle here, it really is interesting fighting legendaries and otherwise odd teams in here!

ZJMG-WWWW-WW2V-BRAW

Lets lift some weights, BRAW. As far as trying to do my usual Beat Up Justified Strategy, this battle proved rather awkward. It seemed that most of her Pokemon were set up for Trick Room, -except- Greninja, who could OHKO Terrakion with a water move. I played cautiously, perhaps overly so?? In any case, I managed to protect Terrakion from Greninja's water attack. The rest was just using a straight-forward damage approach with Heatran, Rotom, and Machamp. Also, the camera kinda zoomed in on his Machamp butt.

So um, yay. I'll do more battles in the future.

More BS Triples!

KCQG-WWWW-WW3X-CXJV

Fighting against a half sand team of sorts! Excadrill was his only Rock resist, which Mega Lopunny defeated, however. Perhaps if Thundurus was in range of my Whimsicott earlier, he could've taunted or something. A pretty straightfoward win, I guess. Hmm.

K5TW-WWWW-WW3X-C2W9

I somewhat trickier team utilizing Trick Room and Endeavor! When Terrakion was wittled down to 1 HP, I got concerned about Hariyama's possible Feint, but he ended up switching out instead. Prankster Taunt might've set him back a little since Porygon 2 wouldn't be able to use Trick Room. Good thing Whimsicott was out of range of Hariyama. Air Balloon came in handy, allowing Heatran to avoid Earth Power from Mega Camerupt right on the turn she got the KO!

B4QW-WWWW-WW3X-C36T

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bit old now but for those that don't know, DragonWhale has been streaming his ladder runs and a few of us have been hanging out during them. We managed to find each other on the ladder and had a real ranked match!

I brought my stall team and DW brought a Murkrow by accident, lol. Here's the battle:

You can watch the full stream here: http://www.twitch.tv/dragonwhale93/v/21666059

we'll be doing more of these so stay tuned!

SP9G-WWWW-WW2U-2UNG

This is a really high level battle! This guy is #20 on the overall ladder, I believe, but I'm pretty sure he's the highest ranked US Triples player atm. He had a mixed Rain + Perish Trap team.

BS Doubles:
JWWW-WWWW-WW33-564K

We both ran a zard-Y team, and both were at exactly 1569 ranking.
I had to upload this, if only because this guy legitimately surprised me by being the first person to ever survive my Fire Pledge. I knew it was an AV Landog based on 1) slow team, even slower than mine overall + Cresselia, so it probably had a TR mode and 2) He had a Machamp, which almost always runs Scarf / pretty much the only way to viably run it. Even knowing this, I didn't expect him to survive. Figured I'd bomb that, lose Venu, and Ancientpower the Zard to death next turn.
His team's similar to the non-pledge Char-Y team I've been working on, so it's good to see it in action in a way.

As for Heracross, it had Cress / Heatran / Charizard-Y / Machamp checked, so it's not nearly as stupid as it looks. :P
Respect where respect is due, he beat me fair and square. No hax, no bullshit, no problem lol.

edit 11/14:

DUKG-WWWW-WW33-P5E9

I made GOD kill himself. Japanese, 1631 ranking.
This is why you don't run Choice locked, ally-hitting attacks kids.
I also fail to understand why so many people seem to run Trace + Surf/Earthquake when Telepathy is so much better.

Last edited:
So i just started playing Battlespot Singles and i wanted to share some of my games, i will soon be replacing M-Salamence for Sceptile and Bronzong will be replaced by Eelektross. Anyways here are the replays, they're not high level or anything but hope you enjoy them.

DZBW-WWWW-WW3B-TSEL ---> Suicune 1v3.
A3UW-WWWW-WW3B-TSL8 ---> A weird Liligant that destroyed me.
2G9G-WWWW-WW3B-TSZP ---> A close match and a very weird Kangaskhan...
A7FW-WWWW-WW3B-TSRQ ---> I got matched against a 1600 player and for some odd reason he forfeited after his Blaziken was KO'd.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-314231695

In this format jus just HAVE TO use both unaware clefable and Msableye. In other case you will face guy like that.

Moody glaile, swagplay thundurus, mkanga, ditto and probalby sheer cold suicune. What is skill?

I have no problem with mlucario, mkanga, msalemancer or blaziken. In this meta there are many ways to beat them. But I'm sick of keeping msableye and unaware clefable in my team because I want to try new stuff. But it ends like that.

You didnt really have any solid clef checks anyway. Your loss was pretty inevitable.

Theres a lot of other viable things that beat clef/glalie as well though, even without timerstalling. Glalie is pretty consistently beaten by Blaziken, Talonflame, Kangaskhan, Mega Heracross, Sylveon. It would need perfect boosts to beat these mons.

Clef gets beaten by the omnipresent mega gengar. OHKO moves are another good way to beat it, from the likes of things like mamo, excadrill, gliscor.

And of course timerstalling will help your odds even more.

Oh, and sheer cold suicune isnt legal anymore.

You didnt really have any solid clef checks anyway. Your loss was pretty inevitable.
Yeah, I know. That team was only for messing around, trying some new ideas.

But swagplay is huge problem. Only real counter for that is msableye with solid spdef investment, because other magic bounce users are too frail to be even consider.

Magic coat can help sometimes, but thundurus has really good spa and can punish you easily for overpredicting.

I've never come across SwagPlay on cart. It's probably because I suck...

On Cart.

It's one strat and it's not game-breaking.

Yeah, I feel like there is something wrong with battle spot singles on PS.

Unless you thing that rating ~1500 (so far my best) mean I deserve to be 200# on lader.

Last edited:
TNEW-WWWW-WW3C-XYQP
Japanese, 1735 ranking. I was 1506 (I started the day at 1542), so ~229 points difference is pretty fair matchmaking.

The first full paralysis I've had in 9 battles, and the first crit I've recorded (against my foe) in 13 battles. Karma does come around after a eventually, right?
Before you say "I got lucky":
1) He got a critical and a +1 everthing Ancient Power boost.
2) Focus Blast missing isn't exactly rare, and at that point he was going to die to either Thunderbolt, or Dark Pulse + Zen Headbutt next turn so it was pretty moot.
3) Here's the match I had immediately before it:

GX76-WWWW-WW3C-XNUY

That's actually a good summary of... 18 of the last 20 battles I've had, were about the same level of hax. He was 1476 and Spanish, btw, so I lost a metric fuckton of points.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battlespotsingles-314231695

In this format jus just HAVE TO use both unaware clefable and Msableye. In other case you will face guy like that.

Moody glaile, swagplay thundurus, mkanga, ditto and probalby sheer cold suicune. What is skill?

I have no problem with mlucario, mkanga, msalemancer or blaziken. In this meta there are many ways to beat them. But I'm sick of keeping msableye and unaware clefable in my team because I want to try new stuff. But it ends like that.
A) this didn't need its own thread
B) your team was terrible and you complain you lost to a gimmick strat
C) spreading misinformation about a metagame that you don't understand and trying to get a reaction out of it is trolling, hence the infraction....

B) your team was terrible and you complain you lost to a gimmick strat
Did my team really matter? Only real counter to swagplay thundurus is msableye with spdef investment. Also this team was only for messing around on ladder, trying mega aerodactyl and few other ideas. Nothing to serious.
C) spreading misinformation about a metagame that you don't understand and trying to get a reaction out of it is trolling, hence the infraction....
Huh, tell me m8, what was misinformation?

You can't run team like that and have great success with it? Team like that are completely viable in this meta? Or maybe that if you want to play this format you have to be prepared for things like that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)