Battle Spot The Amazing Interchangeable Team! [Singles]

Battle Spot, as many of us know, forces us to use only three Pokemon in a Single Battle. But what if we use an entirely new strategy? One where you have 2 Pokemon to fill in each role, thus being a rather modular team? This team I have devised is a thought experiment about this, and has brought me a good amount of success on Battle Spot Singles.

LEADS

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock​

Now, Nihilego's main purpose is to set up Hazards. As a Lead, it sets up 2x Toxic Spikes, then, if the turn allows it to, Stealth Rock. This enables Nihilego to be an incredibly valuable asset, as it saves Celesteela and Toxapex later down the line from having to use Toxic. Clear Smog is so that it can counter threats such as Eevium Z Eevee, Z Conversion Porygon Z, LO + SD Mimikyu, and any other opponent foolish enough to actually use a turn to try and set up. Hidden Power Ice is for Coverage against incredible Ground Type threats against Nihilego if it does actually survive, such as Garchomp.

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil
- Encore
- Moonblast
Alolan Ninetales is the second Lead Pokemon I can possibly use. Thanks to its Hidden Ability, Snow Warning, Alolan Ninetales can easily set up Aurora Veil for Dual Screens, being extended thanks to the Light Clay. I maximized its Speed so that, if the opposing Pokemon sets up when I use Aurora Veil, I can very easily use Encore to trap them into using that move, allowing me to switch out. Blizzard and Moonblast are very great STAB moves, as Blizzard has 100% accuracy in Hail, and Moonblast has the added benefit of possibly lowering the opponent's Special Attack.

TANKS

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Earthquake
This is a standard, vanilla Celesteela set. Toxic and Leech Seed allow it to stall out several threats that aren't Poison, Steel, Grass Type, or with Sap Sipper such as Goodra. Substitute allows it to tank a good amount of damage from an enemy's Flamethrower and Thunderbolt, which this set maximizes HP and Special Defense to counter both. Earthquake counters Magnezone so that it can't counter Celesteela as well as it could with Magnet Pull.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Baneful Bunker
- Haze
- Scald
- Toxic​

Now, Toxapex is more for abusing set up Pokemon with Haze and Scald. Haze, as many of us should know, resets the opponent's stat changes to 0, thus making their turn to set up absolutely pointless. Baneful Bunker is essentially a better Protect with the added benefit of poisoning an opponent on contact. Toxic is for the Special Attacking Pokemon such as Chandelure that don't often make contact, if at all. Scald is an amazing STAB move that can also Burn an opponent if they are resistant to Toxic, such as Alolan Muk.

SWEEPERS

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak​

Another Vanilla set, much like Celesteela. If Nihilego manages to set up Toxic Spikes or Alolan Ninetales manages to set up Aurora Veil without it breaking, then Mimikyu's job is infinitely easier. Swords Dance is to set up for free thanks to its ability, Disguise. And if the opponent decides to set up the same turn I do, I can use Swords Dance again without consequence. Mimikyu's Ghost Typing allows it to easily counter threats with Hi Jump Kick such as Pheromosa, making it an incredible switch-in for those kind of threats. Play Rough and Shadow Claw are amazing STAB moves, with Shadow Claw having more of a chance to Critically Hit, and Play Rough to counter the types resistant to Ghost-Type moves. Shadow Sneak allows it to gain priority over threats like Pheromosa with high speed. This is my Physical Sweeper option for teams with high Special Defense.

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Conversion
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

Porygon-Z was, at one point, a highly niche Pokemon in UU, but its ridiculous Special Attack was never forgotten. With Z Conversion, all of its stats can be raised at once, while also changing its type to Electric, thus minimizing weaknesses. Thunderbolt is an amazing STAB move for countering Toxapex, Celesteela, and more, while Charge Beam raises Special Attack by one stage with every successful use. Hidden Power Ice is for use against Ground types, and is an amazing coverage option for Grass Types, which are resistant to Porygon-Z's Electric-type attacks. This is my Special Sweeper option for teams with high Physical Defense.

Last edited:
The biggest thing that stands out to me is that you don't have any solid Tapu Koko switch-in. It seems like you would need to rely on Aurora Veil to effectively deal with it.

I don't really like Toxapex much because I don't see it dealing with too much else that Celesteela wouldn't already. I think you should replace it with something that can deal with Koko. Alolan-Marowak can switch into it fairly well and puts on a lot of pressure, which your team kinda lacks aside from your setup sweepers, which take a turn to really get going. Another option I think could be Scarf Tapu Lele. Scarf Lele doesn't switch in as well as Marowak does but it can take one hit and it'll outspeed and threaten a KO. You can pull some double switches to this thing when you except Koko, or use it a counter lead to it, etc. Lele would give your a team a really fast mon which you didn't have before and would give you some nice offensive pressure to use without needing to setup. Lele also doesn't make you weaker to Gyarados like Marowak might as well, as with Scarf you can outspeed Gyarados after 1 DD and hit it with Moonblast or Tbolt.

On Celesteela, Toxic is very much overkill imo. Leech Seed may take Pokemon out slowly but it's usually enough to do the job. You definitely want Heavy Slam. The Steel STAB is way too good to pass up on, especially such a powerful one in Heavy Slam.

Porygon-Z gets Ice Beam. This isn't even a suggestion, just replace HP Ice with Ice Beam ASAP. It's strictly better. I also think Charge Beam isn't really worth it. Dark Pulse gives you a chance to flinch which could be really useful in some games as a last ditch effort, and also lets you hit Alolan Marowak, which would hard wall you otherwise.

Dedicated Leads generally aren't a good idea in Battle Spot Singles. Ninetales is a bit of an exception, because Aurora Veil is just a really good move. But Nihilego is a bit weak I feel. Toxic isn't really as good in BSS as it is in 6v6 formats. The slow damage isn't often that useful. The main reason I think you should replace Nihilego though, is because I think you need something that is better against Celesteela. Tapu Koko would be a good option, it's a really great mon in this meta and threatens Celesteela really easily. You could also use U-turn to potentially give your sweepers some free switch-ins. There's a few good options for items, Focus Sash, Electrium Z, Specs. If you really wanted to keep Toxic you could even run Toxic on your Koko. Which is really nice for P2 switch-ins, and other stuff like Alolan Marowak and bulky Mamoswine. Toxic/Roost Koko is a set that's been getting pretty popular with some high rated players, it's probably worth a shot imo.

If you go with my Koko suggestion and don't pick Focus Sash as your item, I'd put it on Ninetales instead. Imo getting Aurora Veil off safely is better than getting it off for a few extra turns. You generally only need it for 2-3 turns if you want to abuse it with something effective like Porygon-Z.

Lasty, I would try to get out of this 'modular' style of choosing your 3. Most BSS players agree that this linear way of playing isn't really optimal for most teams. Especially on a more balanced team like this. Choose your pokemon by what feels effective vs your opponent's team. Don't think too much about going in order, or dedicating your lead all the time, and stuff like that. The only kinds of teams that can really pull off a linear process like that are very specific offensive ones or really defensive stall teams, which your team is neither.

NOVED
Thanks for the suggestions!

1) I might consider Alolan-Marowak. Koko is giving slight issues, though not much.
2) Heavy Slam on Celesteela does seem good. It can pop a Magnezone's Air Balloon (which I haven't seen yet, surprisingly.)
3) Yeah, Porygon-Z was a bit of an issue for me, so your move replacements can help.
4) I might consider Toxic/Roost Koko an option.
5) Nothing's really stopping me from not sticking to the Modular Style. I have had some games where I didn't do a Tank, some where I didn't do one of the Leads, etc. The team's main focus is customizability, adapting more to any situation an opponent can throw at it.

...After a small bit of experimentation, I have found that NOVED's suggestions (outside of Heavy Slam Celesteela and the Porygon-Z move replacements) have actively hurt my team.
For one, thanks to the removal of Nihilego and lack of Toxic on Celesteela, I have had a considerable amount of heavy counters wreck me. Not only that, but out of the 6 battles (which, believe it or not, lowered me from a somewhat respectable 1200s to 1000s) Tapu Koko didn't show up once (in fact, I encountered Electivire more, and they were packing Earthquake to counter Alolan-Marowak from when I was experimenting with it). Toxic/Roost Tapu Koko is alright, but it leaves me without any Entry Hazards at all.
Overall, I find that your suggestions have left me without counters to more Pokemon, and I really have only taken a few things from it:
1) Use Heavy Slam instead of Earthquake, and don't use Celesteela if the opponent has a Magnezone.
2) Toxapex was pretty bad. I should look for another Tank. (Mega Metagross seems rather viable...)
3) Scarf Lele is not a freaking Tank that can replace Toxapex, it is just another Sweeper. Might consider it a replacement to Porygon-Z though... Keyword being might.
4) Entry Hazards actually do affect the battle.

Last edited:
...After a small bit of experimentation, I have found that NOVED's suggestions (outside of Heavy Slam Celesteela and the Porygon-Z move replacements) have actively hurt my team.
For one, thanks to the removal of Nihilego and lack of Toxic on Celesteela, I have had a considerable amount of heavy counters wreck me. Not only that, but out of the 6 battles (which, believe it or not, lowered me from a somewhat respectable 1200s to 1000s) Tapu Koko didn't show up once (in fact, I encountered Electivire more, and they were packing Earthquake to counter Alolan-Marowak from when I was experimenting with it). Toxic/Roost Tapu Koko is alright, but it leaves me without any Entry Hazards at all.
Overall, I find that your suggestions have left me without counters to more Pokemon, and I really have only taken a few things from it:
1) Use Heavy Slam instead of Earthquake, and don't use Celesteela if the opponent has a Magnezone.
2) Toxapex was pretty bad. I should look for another Tank. (Mega Metagross seems rather viable...)
3) Scarf Lele is not a freaking Tank that can replace Toxapex, it is just another Sweeper. Might consider it a replacement to Porygon-Z though... Keyword being might.
4) Entry Hazards actually do affect the battle.
Have you considered that maybe you just need to play a bit differently with the changes? And that the lack of Tapu Koko is due to you being in the bottom PS ladder, which is known for being bad and unpredictable and not concurrent with the actual BSS meta?

I never said Tapu Lele was a Tank, and a team doesn't even need two tanks. The fact that you would even mention Tapu Lele as not being a tank raises a huge question mark about how you're trying to use this team.

I never said Tapu Lele was a Tank, and a team doesn't even need two tanks. The fact that you would even mention Tapu Lele as not being a tank raises a huge question mark about how you're trying to use this team.
I knew Lele wasn't a tank. Sorry that it came off as "I was stupid and thought Lele was a Tank"
Also, the whole point was to have other options for a combo of three, not "GET AS MANY OF ONE TYPE OF POKEMON IN THERE LOL" Besides, one team might have trouble getting past a Celesteela, while another team might not. One team can be weak to Mimikyu while another team might be weak to Porygon-Z, etc.
Besides, don't think there wasn't any value in your suggestions (you did help me fix Porygon-Z and Celesteela)

I knew Lele wasn't a tank. Sorry that it came off as "I was stupid and thought Lele was a Tank"
Also, the whole point was to have other options for a combo of three, not "GET AS MANY OF ONE TYPE OF POKEMON IN THERE LOL"
Tapu Lele isn't even similar to your other Pokemon. You call it a sweeper but it isn't even meant for sweeping, it works more as a revenge killer or as a lead to put on pressure right at the start against some common leads like Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar.

With setup sweepers like Mimikyu and PZ you want stuff that can put on pressure and weaken teams early on in the game to pave the way for Mimikyu and PZ. This is why I think Koko and Lele can excel on this kind of team. Tanks don't put on the same amount of pressure and damage output. And leads will usually only get up screens or a hazard and thats not always gonna be enough, and isn't nearly as flexible as doing things with Lele and Koko.

And if you were more specific about what 'heavy counters' are wrecking you I could help more. Replays would also help out a lot, specifically replays of loses.

This team looks lit to me. I'm ranked first in my country (Ireland) for ratings, as shown here:
Screenshot_2017-01-07-10-27-37.png

(I know I'm a showoff, its just that last year, I got back into competitive after DPPt)

For your team as a whole, Taunt ruins it.
If you can get a Magic Bounce pokemon as a Dual Screens lead, like Espeon, who can pressure teams into hitting the Taunt button. For Celesteela, I would replace Substitute with Heavy Slam. I do think your team is very creative. Stay classy!

Tapu Lele isn't even similar to your other Pokemon. You call it a sweeper but it isn't even meant for sweeping, it works more as a revenge killer or as a lead to put on pressure right at the start against some common leads like Tapu Koko and Mega Gengar.
...can't believe I forgot about what constitutes a Revenge Killer... Ah well, it's a mistake in my wording.

This team looks lit to me. I'm ranked first in my country (Ireland) for ratings, as shown here: View attachment 76460
(I know I'm a showoff, its just that last year, I got back into competitive after DPPt)

For your team as a whole, Taunt ruins it.
If you can get a Magic Bounce pokemon as a Dual Screens lead, like Espeon, who can pressure teams into hitting the Taunt button. For Celesteela, I would replace Substitute with Heavy Slam. I do think your team is very creative. Stay classy!
Well, thanks, actually.
I have considered Espeon as an option (my old ORAS OU team featured Espeon prominently) but the thing is, what do we really want? Dual Screens in one turn, or Magic Bounce?
I suppose it just depends on team composition...
Anyways, Celesteela shouldn't get rid of Substitute. It is one of (if not the only) way it can survive a Thunderbolt from Magnezone outside of Protect.

Alright, I have decided that pretty much a whole rewrite of the team is in order. Might think of something else...
So far, Mega Metagross works really well (should replace Toxapex soon enough on this thread) and I am considering having Magic Bounce Espeon return. Also, Nihilego is killed a bit too easily, so I might as well consider other options (maybe NOVED's Tapu Lele can work as a replacement...)

With Metagross in the Team you could consider adding Hydreigon in it too, not only covering all of MMetag weakness but also completing the Dragon-Steel-Fairy core with Ninetales-A.
About Magic Bounce Espeon, it used to be decent (imo it was even good) in ORAS, but it really has hard time in this gen as a Dual Screener. You could still try it tho, but Ninetales-A would really be better for your team, being able to threaten Garchomp that could be problematic for either Meta and Hydreigon.

@ Light Clay / Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Encore
- Moonblast / Hail / Blizzard

This set is able to survive to 4 SpA Mega Gengar's Sludge Bomb 90% of the time and to outspeed Garchomp by 1 point. The combination of Freeze-Dry and Hail destroyes Rain cores, while Encore is to prevent setups.

@ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 60 HP / 44 Def / 168 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon

With this EVs spread it will be able to outspeed max speed positive natured base 95 such as Tapu Lele, and to survive attacks like Double-Edge from Jolly Mega Salamence, while still dealing huge damage with its attacks, for example always 2HKOing max SpD Sassy Celesteela with Flamethrower.
You could either run a Choice Scarf variant with a 252 SpA / 252 Spe EVs spread, making it a potent reveng killer, or even a bulkier version with Leftovers and Substitute to set up vs Leech Seed Celesteela, Toxic, or Psychic moves.

If you want to switch out Toxapex you might consider Gastrodon, still having a water-type but also gaining a handy Electric-type immunity, since your team looks a little weak to Tapu Koko, and another Poison-type resist.

So in the end this is how the team would look like: Metagross/Hydreigon/Ninetales-A/Gastrodon/Mimikyu/Nihilego. I know it changed a lot since the beginning, but you said it was Interchangeable so... :P

Now you can either add another Ground resistent / Immune pokemon, such as Gyarados that could work pretty fine here, over Nihilego or even Gastrodon or just go for a defensive pokemon such as Porygon2.

Last edited:
Solerme THANK YOU! Your suggestion actually helped me out!
I have had prior experiences in OU of having Drizzle Pelipper (shocked that that thing is even remotely viable) teams do a decent chunk of damage on me, but now I can simply shut them down with Freeze Dry before they even get started with any sort of set up moves!
Also, Hydreigon works insanely well as a Revenge Killer, especially with Draco Meteor.

This is the current team I have. It seems that overall, the Ninetales-Metagross-Hydreigon core works insanely well, but it doesn't do well against Stall teams... Maybe Metagross's moveset is a bit of an issue, though

You're welcome dude
Anyway that Metagross EVs spread is kind of unusual, since it usually needs 252 speed with a jolly nature and it's STAB Meteor Mash to deal significant damage and use its great 110 speed tier at its best.

Try this one:

@ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt / Substitute

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Urgh, this is going to sound harsh but this just isn't a good team. I absolutely hate these teams that follow this strict framework / algorithm. They just don't work. They focus too much on following a strict gameplan and often (yours included) fail at answering actual metagame threats / strategies.

Like NOVED said, dedicated leads don't exist in Battle Spot. There are certainly some Pokemon that are better leads than others but that's because they're a threat when they hit the field or do something that your opponent actually doesn't want them to do. Ninetales is actually a decent example of this but it's so common that the metagame has adapted to it (you also want better set up sweepers to take advantage of the Aurora Veil than Mimikyu or Porygon-Z. Things like Mega Lucario, Tapu Koko, Mega Salamence, or hell even Alolan Sandslash). Nihilego is not an example of this. I actually really like Nihilego but this isn't the best way to use it.

And no offense, but 1200s on PS (or 1600s in game) is not "respectable" or a viable way of justifying your team. Of course you're going to see more Electivire there than Tapu Koko, it's the bottom of the ladder lol. You need to grind it out and play more than 6 games to assess whether a change has worked out or not...

I'd love to offer some advice on how to make this into a working team but I'm afraid it would going against what this forum is used for by making too many changes and it wouldn't be the same team by the end of it. I strongly suggest you come and check out our Battle Spot forum, chatroom on PS, and Discord channel (links to all of these are in our forum, I'm on mobile so linking is hard...). Despite me being a grumpy old mod in this post, we're all very friendly and willing to help!

Urgh, this is going to sound harsh but this just isn't a good team. I absolutely hate these teams that follow this strict framework / algorithm. They just don't work. They focus too much on following a strict gameplan and often (yours included) fail at answering actual metagame threats / strategies.

Like NOVED said, dedicated leads don't exist in Battle Spot. There are certainly some Pokemon that are better leads than others but that's because they're a threat when they hit the field or do something that your opponent actually doesn't want them to do. Ninetales as actually a decent example of this but it's so common that the metagame has adapted to it (you also want better set up sweepers to take advantage of the Aurora Veil than Mimikyu or Porygon-Z. Things like Mega Lucario, Tapu Koko, Mega Salamence, or hell even Alolan Sandslash). Nihilego is not an example of this I actually really like Nihilego but this isn't the best way to use it.

And no offense, but 1200s on PS (or 1600s in game) is not "respectable" or a viable way of justifying your team. Of course you're going to see more Electivire there than Tapu Koko, it's the bottom of the ladder lol. You need to grind it out and play more than 6 games to assess whether a change has worked out not...

I'd love to offer some advice on how to make this into a working team but I'm afraid I would going against what this forum is used for by making too many changes and it wouldn't be the same team by the end of it. I strongly suggest you come and check out our Battle Spot forum, chatroom on PS, and Discord channel (links to all of these are in our forum, I'm on mobile so linking is hard...). Despite me being a grumpy old mod in this post, we're all very friendly and willing to help!
Hey! Thanks for responding!
Yeah, the team has evolved A LOT since the thread started. I am winning a lot more battles thanks to the Ninetales-MMetagross-Hydreigon core suggested by Solerme.
I know the team on the first post is pretty bad. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be posting here!
Anyways, thanks for responding with your thoughts and opinions, but I should be updating this thread with the current team later today.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey! Thanks for responding!
Yeah, the team has evolved A LOT since the thread started. I am winning a lot more battles thanks to the Ninetales-MMetagross-Hydreigon core suggested by Solerme.
I know the team on the first post is pretty bad. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be posting here!
Anyways, thanks for responding with your thoughts and opinions, but I should be updating this thread with the current team later today.
That's good to hear then.
if this is the current team then it looks a little better but it's still not optimal. Apart from Tapu Lele you get absolutely dunked on by Mega Lucario. I'd consider dropping Mimikyu for physically defensive Tapu Fini to complement your specially defensive Celesteela. This also checks Mega Luc reasonably well.
Tapu Fini @ Icium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Haze
- Hydro Pump / Surf / Brine / Scald
- Nature's Madness
Just a standard physical wall here, Haze messes with setup mons really badly, and if you decide to use the Z version you also get all your health back so that's a solid recovery option.

Your Mega Metagross doesn't make any sense. Adamant + full SpD investment is really weird on something with such a great speed tier, and the moveset is a bit odd too. Try the set Solerme posted above for sure.

Without any setup sweepers, Alolan Ninetales doesn't really fit the team anymore, and you have 3 Fairy-types with it which is way too many and makes your Lucario / Muk weakness even worse. Your team is screaming out for a Fire-type Pokemon in that slot, unfortunately you're kinda stuck choosing between either Alolan Marowak or Arcanine, I think Arcanine fits better for you.
Defensive:

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Flamethrower / Burn Up
- Snarl

Offensive:

Arcanine @ Firium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun
Fast:

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemarang / Earthquake
- Flame Charge

Defensive:

Careful Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Will-O-Wisp
- Perish Song
- Rest

I think that should help you a little!

Even though having two screens in one turn is OP, I do feel that A-Ninetales is too predictable. As someone here already said, the metagame has adapted to it. When you have a Ninetales on your team, everyone already knows its an Aurora Veil setter.

Klefki, IMO is a better lead due to the better typing, actual bulk and Prankster Dual Screens (Even Lele's Psychic Terrain doesnt affect Klefki's screens!) It also complements Hydreigon due to it resisting Fairy, Bug and Ice and Hydreigon resisting Fire and Ground.

If this is OK, I'd suggest a new pokemon for your team. Cloyster. I am only ranked first in Ireland because of it. The Screens fix his horrid SpDef and allows him to set up Shell Smash. If you are scared of priority, then Lele. Salamence also loves Dual Screens for DDance. Porygon Z loves Screens too. But this is just my opinion, so feel free to ignore me. Stay classy, my lads.

That's good to hear then.
if this is the current team then it looks a little better but it's still not optimal. Apart from Tapu Lele you get absolutely dunked on by Mega Lucario. I'd consider dropping Mimikyu for physically defensive Tapu Fini to complement your specially defensive Celesteela. This also checks Mega Luc reasonably well.
Tapu Fini @ Icium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Haze
- Hydro Pump / Surf / Brine / Scald
- Nature's Madness
Just a standard physical wall here, Haze messes with setup mons really badly, and if you decide to use the Z version you also get all your health back so that's a solid recovery option.

Your Mega Metagross doesn't make any sense. Adamant + full SpD investment is really weird on something with such a great speed tier, and the moveset is a bit odd too. Try the set Solerme posted above for sure.

Without any setup sweepers, Alolan Ninetales doesn't really fit the team anymore, and you have 3 Fairy-types with it which is way too many and makes your Lucario / Muk weakness even worse. Your team is screaming out for a Fire-type Pokemon in that slot, unfortunately you're kinda stuck choosing between either Alolan Marowak or Arcanine, I think Arcanine fits better for you.
Defensive:

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Flamethrower / Burn Up
- Snarl

Offensive:

Arcanine @ Firium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun
Fast:

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemarang / Earthquake
- Flame Charge

Defensive:

Careful Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Will-O-Wisp
- Perish Song
- Rest

I think that should help you a little!
Even though having two screens in one turn is OP, I do feel that A-Ninetales is too predictable. As someone here already said, the metagame has adapted to it. When you have a Ninetales on your team, everyone already knows its an Aurora Veil setter.

Klefki, IMO is a better lead due to the better typing, actual bulk and Prankster Dual Screens (Even Lele's Psychic Terrain doesnt affect Klefki's screens!) It also complements Hydreigon due to it resisting Fairy, Bug and Ice and Hydreigon resisting Fire and Ground.

If this is OK, I'd suggest a new pokemon for your team. Cloyster. I am only ranked first in Ireland because of it. The Screens fix his horrid SpDef and allows him to set up Shell Smash. If you are scared of priority, then Lele. Salamence also loves Dual Screens for DDance. Porygon Z loves Screens too. But this is just my opinion, so feel free to ignore me. Stay classy, my lads.
Thanks! I have read both of your posts, and I have decided on a few things:
1) A-Ninetales might be replaced with Prankster Klefki.
2) Mimikyu might be replaced with one of the Arcanine sets can't say posted. More than likely the Offensive variant.
However, this leaves me with some problems. For one, I now don't have an easy, reliable check to Pelipper because Freeze-Dry is just that good. Also, I do not have a switch in option for Pheromosa or Lucario if I predict Close Combat.
It'll take some debate within myself to see what works out... Though I do find myself not using Tapu Lele a lot, so Mimikyu might be spared...

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I have officially decided against removing Mimikyu. It really helps in clutch situations like this one: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-514206096
Just saying, the Tapu Fini set I suggested would have finished off that game better than Mimikyu did anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for Pelliper, you have Thunderbolt on Lele which bops it, then Fini would wall the absolute hell out of Kingdra. Like I would be suprised if someone even brought rain against you with Fini at team preview.

I'm certainly not trying to force you into using anything, but it's kinda frustrating that you shrug off ideas like this while deciding you'll try something like Klefki (which does nothing for your team).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)