Technical Support (read OP before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of you should be able to connect! You are using port 5080, correct?

Try an advanced connection--69.164.216.82:5080
hmmm no dice :( it hasn't always been like this if that helps I used to be able to log on fine then one day my internt cut out and I wasn't able to log on again. Maybe im technically still logged in or something??? I dont know. Thanks for your help anyway

i dunno whether to post this here but idk where else to post it:

The main simualtor server for Smogon Univeristy. Getting a No. 7 connection timeout error? Post here.
it should be "simulator"

i dunno whether to post this here but idk where else to post it:

it should be "simulator"
It should also be "University." Both fixed. I can go into the reasons why that happened, and it's not *necessarily* my illiteracy, but the point is it's fixed.

Can't connect to Smogon with my android.

I can connect to other servers just fine, but it for smogon, I get the "Loading. Please wait..." it's been 10 minutes, and I don't think it'll load.

What's wrong? it's not my connection if I can connect to other servers like PO, and Pokemon mexico.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I'm kinda new to this, and as such I have two questions:

1. When I click the 'Go Online' button, the screen it leads to is blank. Like, there's the table, but it's blank. When I type in an advanced connection code, the server screen it brings me to is also blank.

2. How do I set a password for my account name?

haunter

Banned deucer.
I can connect to other servers just fine, but it for smogon, I get the "Loading. Please wait..." it's been 10 minutes, and I don't think it'll load.

What's wrong? it's not my connection if I can connect to other servers like PO, and Pokemon mexico.

Smogon University has a script that automatically kicks android clients that have the default team loaded (it's the one with just a cleffa) so in order to connect to our server you need to import an actual team to your android client. You can import your team using the export team to QRcode plugin in Pokemon Online.

I'm kinda new to this, and as such I have two questions:

1. When I click the 'Go Online' button, the screen it leads to is blank. Like, there's the table, but it's blank. When I type in an advanced connection code, the server screen it brings me to is also blank.
if you can't connect to any server then quite possibly you have internet connections problems.

2. How do I set a password for my account name?
when you connect to a server, at the bottom of the window, you'll see the "register" button. Use that.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

This has been happening for a while, and only on my computer, on the occasion I can use the desktop computer my parents are always on, I can use it, but outside of that, I can't on my computer and I really, really need help with this. My connection is excellent, I used to be able to use Pokemon Online on my computer. Anyways, I'd really like some help with this, and the Pokemon Online forums were useless. I was told to check if my router allowed external ports, but if the other computers work, it obviously does. On a side note, I can't get on IRC or Purplesurge either. Please help!

Hello, I'm trying to sign on to Smogon's PO server and I'm not able to. When I try, it opens the chatroom window and says "Connected to Server!"; however, the username list is blank, and there are no messages to be seen. It also does not ask me to enter my password as it usually would. Then after a few minutes (last time it was 5 min 13 sec to be exact), I get "Disconnected from Server!". No error message/number or anything.

I can easily sign on to other servers, it seems like Smogon is the only one giving me trouble. Which is odd... last time I got on (from the same computer), it worked fine and there were absolutely no issues. Can anyone help?

The server is lagging EXTREMELY badly right now. That's what you're experiencing.
I see.

I just downloaded the new version of PO from Smogon, and I can get on now... maybe that's a coincidence.

Though now I have a question with that. Does the Smogon server not appear in the list of servers when using the client from here? Or is that part of the lag thing? I found the IP and used it under advanced connection, but I find that kinda odd.

EDIT: Nevermind haha. It's just low on the list because it just crashed, I guess.

Just a heads up, about a week ago PO allowed me to play standard RU with a flame body moltres even though that is a currently unreleased dream world ability. Not sure if it was just a bug that day, but ive tried to do it again with numerous unreleased abilities (including flame body moltres again) and it properly redirected me to DW OU tier. A minor issue but maybe somebody could look into it.

Help I cant connect to any servers!
When i click go online it shows no servers whatsoever!
And when i wait is says "registry timedout" or something of that nature
Please help i want to try my new team :)

Just a heads up, about a week ago PO allowed me to play standard RU with a flame body moltres even though that is a currently unreleased dream world ability. Not sure if it was just a bug that day, but ive tried to do it again with numerous unreleased abilities (including flame body moltres again) and it properly redirected me to DW OU tier. A minor issue but maybe somebody could look into it.
What server was this on? Ours or PO? If it was ours, and it happens again, let me know.

Help I cant connect to any servers!
When i click go online it shows no servers whatsoever!
And when i wait is says "registry timedout" or something of that nature
Please help i want to try my new team :)
If you can't even connect to the registry, then it's something you should really ask the PO people about, not us. http://www.pokemon-online.eu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)