Other Team Building Shop [Closed, read post 62]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, I know people hate stall but this is really the only place I could think to take this core outside of really shitty balance (none of these Pokemon learn SR and having an offensive SR setter on a balanced team with 3 defensive Pokes just didn't seem right). Instead, I decided to take the bulky defensive route with the core and made what I think is a decently effective stall team, albeit standard. The Regen core handles certain Pokemon really well. The entire core handles Keldeo hilariously well, whereas Torn does well against stuff like Landorus and a last-ditched check to Greninja. Hurricane also brings some power to the team, which stall always appreciates. Slowbro can check a lot of physical mons such as Charizard X (it can cripple it with Thunder Wave even if it has set up a Dragon Dance so that Charizard can revenge kill it), as well as non-LO Excadrill, Medicham, Garchomp, etc. Amoonguss can check Aegislash as well as Thundurus and Keldeo. I gave it Hidden Power Fire because it makes it a solid switch-in to Ferrothorn and can do serious damage to it. Charizard checks Gengar, and spreads burns to Pokemon like Mawile, which checking Bisharp and Thundurus with HP Flying/Psychic as well. It also takes out Heatran so that Slowbro doesn't have to risk the Lava Plume burn or a Toxic. Skarmory checks flying spam as well as Mega Gyarados and Mawile without Fire Fang, but it's mostly there for Defog support so that Regen and Charizard can be used to their full potential. Taunt can prevent Clefable from setting up, but it does have to be careful. Finally, Chansey provides some "I never die" support to the team, being a solid switch in to ever special attacker, as well as providing Wish Support to the team. Now, I have Rocks on Chansey, but it can be moved to Skarmory and Heal Bell can be used instead if you find that status is an issue, I just hate defog+sr on Skarm.
This is an interesting team with the triple Regenerator core. I'm not a very experienced stall player, so possibly take this with a grain of salt, but when playing some test games, I've had a lot of difficulty dealing with Substitute + Substitute/Baton Pass users, as this team doesn't have some of the usual options for dealing with them that I've seen on other popular stall teams, such as phasing, Haze, Cleric support, and Unaware pokemon. What would be the best way to handle Substitute users with this team?

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Welp with CTC's new thread I guess this one is largely useless, but I promised a certain user I would have his team today so here it is:

Ducky209

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off / Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

This is actually the third version of this team. Both others had serious flaws and mostly revolved around me trying SubBP Celebi to Raikou or Heracross, but it just didn't work very well. So instead I just focused on dual sweeper sets. SD Hera against stall/balanced and CM Raikou against offense. Mew made sense as a good switch-in to Heatran, Landorus, and Chansey to help wear them down for Raikou. It also checks Mawile and Azumarill with Wisp. SD Jolly Mega Hera is actually pretty good, and will be much better if Aegi gets banned (hopefully it does because I built this team assuming it would be lol). It's very effective at breaking down stall, being bale to 1-2HKO everything at +2. Next, because I don't trust Raikou to beat offense, I decided to run Greninja, which switches into things like Heatran and lures in stuff like Thundurus, which Raikou can setup on pretty easily. Landorus-T takes pressure off Raikou to check birds, checks Zard X and gives momentum for the team to switch to either Raikou or Hera depending on the team. Finally, I chose banded Azu because Hera has some issues with Clefable and Quagsire, which can normally switch into AV or BD Azu, but not Banded, so it works as a semi-lure. Azu also checks Greninja and Keldeo, which wreck this team otherwise.

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
Welp with CTC's new thread I guess this one is largely useless, but I promised a certain user I would have his team today so here it is:

Ducky209

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Heracross @ Heracronite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Mew @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Knock Off / Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

This is actually the third version of this team. Both others had serious flaws and mostly revolved around me trying SubBP Celebi to Raikou or Heracross, but it just didn't work very well. So instead I just focused on dual sweeper sets. SD Hera against stall/balanced and CM Raikou against offense. Mew made sense as a good switch-in to Heatran, Landorus, and Chansey to help wear them down for Raikou. It also checks Mawile and Azumarill with Wisp. SD Jolly Mega Hera is actually pretty good, and will be much better if Aegi gets banned (hopefully it does because I built this team assuming it would be lol). It's very effective at breaking down stall, being bale to 1-2HKO everything at +2. Next, because I don't trust Raikou to beat offense, I decided to run Greninja, which switches into things like Heatran and lures in stuff like Thundurus, which Raikou can setup on pretty easily. Landorus-T takes pressure off Raikou to check birds, checks Zard X and gives momentum for the team to switch to either Raikou or Hera depending on the team. Finally, I chose banded Azu because Hera has some issues with Clefable and Quagsire, which can normally switch into AV or BD Azu, but not Banded, so it works as a semi-lure. Azu also checks Greninja and Keldeo, which wreck this team otherwise.
I will test this team today; it looks fantastic on paper, i hope it's also great on the battlefield. Thank you so much for this team, I hope I enjoy using it; will leave feedback on it once I begin using it :]

EDIT: PS is down ATM, but I made some immediate changes to the team. I gave every mon an odd HP number to better combat hazards, except for Raikou in which I lowered the HP IV to 30 which gives it max Leftovers recovery. I also replaced Extrasensory for Substitute on Raikou, in order to avoid pesky Toxic damage. And until the Aegi ban, I changed Heracross' spread to an Adamant 32 HP / 248 Atk / 228 Spe and gave it Earthquake instead of Swords Dance. The EVs allow Heracross to better switch into hazards as well as giving him the ability to Anti-Lead Breloom, which seems problematic for the entirety of the team.

Last edited:
Iv been having trouble against other tanks/stallers such as Venusour, Hippodown and Garchomp. Pokemon I hvae in my battle box are

Parashuffle Dragonite
Stockpile/Protect-Muk
Stall Dusclops
Stockpile Snorlax
Assaultvest Tyranitar
Flex spot, currently Galewing Talonflame

I usually lead with Dragonite or Dusclops. Usually follow up with Snorlax and a mix of Tyranitar and Muk.

Open to all suggestions.

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now

Ducky209

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Heracross @ Heracronite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Mew @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Knock Off / Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

So after some testing, I've found HUGE issues with CM Gardevoir and also Conkeldurr, as there is huge pressure on Azumarill to also check Greninja. Please Halcyon., any suggestions would help. Also not having Defog/Rapid Spin sucks, as Sticky Web is a really big nuisance.

EDIT: Testing Bullet Seed on Mega-Hera to beat Quagsire.

Last edited:
Nog I was wondering if this shop was going to open again. It's been a while since finished teams were posted and I wasn't sure if the team was going to leave the team-building to CTC, who seems to get bombarded with requests both reasonable and ridiculous, or if you guys were just working on a backlog of teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)