Other Team building help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this -- if not, I apologize. But I need some help building a team. I've been reading and trying to understand the idea of competitive battling but my knowledge is still very low tier.

I want to build a ghost/fairy team. I know focusing on two types isn't going to win me any competitions and they can be easily beaten in the right circumstances. However, I really like these two types and want to have a shot at beating anyone. I play alpha sapphire and battle via wifi there, I don't use any other platforms.

Here's what I have so far:

Sableye w/ Sablenite
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Will O Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Florges w/ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Atk.
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Petal Blizzard
- Wish

Clefable w/ Leftovers
Magic Guard
Calm Nature
252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Sp Def
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunderwave
- Soft Boiled

Togekiss w/ Leftovers
Serene Grace, Timid Nature
252 HP / 252 Speed / 4 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Extremespeed
- Aura Sphere

I'm not sure where to go with the other two. I wanted to add something like Froslass, Gengar, Chandelure, Gourgeist... It doesn't need to be 3 ghost and 3 fairy, I just want a combination of the two. And again, I realize this is not a competitive battling team. But many people on the 3ds wifi battles also do not build competitive teams (or they're just really bad, because they lose to non EV trained teams I use to beat the game).

Any help would be much appreciated. I was also thinking of adding a choice scarf ditto. I read someone added one to his team as sort of a revenge killer / sweep preventer. That's a good possibility for one of my remaining 2 slots. Again, thanks for reading and thanks in advance to anyone who has suggestions (that don't involve not making this team, because I know the combo isn't earth shattering).

Hey Starglass! Nice that you came by and ask for some help. First, it is good to know there are different tiers where you can play in where different pokemon are allowed. Since you play wifi for alphasapphire, you are playing the battlespot tier i invite you to the battlespot subforum where i also post in a lot! You can find it here:

www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battle-spot.265/

This is the best place to learn a lot about how to be good in wifi battles. I see that you are still pretty new since you pick some subpar pokemon. I recommend the introduction thread on our subforum.

I also advise you to use this site: battlespotstats.com/ where you can see the top list of pokemon in general, so the pokemons who are used most often and the sets they use.

Since I still want to give some advice to your team I have the following tips:

Use sylveon over florges. It is almost the same with stats but has a great ability in pixilate and a powerful move in hyper voice, that gets STAB (same type attack bonus) because of pixilate and gets on top of that 30% extra damage.

Use gengar, its one of the best mons there is at the moment and it is also a ghost type. You could run a second mega but you can also give it a focus sash because it is pretty frail.

Last edited:

Alkov

plopping
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi there! I'll have to lock this as your team is incomplete and you are lacking descriptions for the choice of your Pokemon that is required by the RMT rules. You need to provide in-depth descriptions(preferably at least 3 lines) for each Pokemon to explain your choices and their roles in the team. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at other RMTs and the RMT archive to see the kind of detail and format we require. You can PM me the updated version of the RMT that complies with the rules and I'll be happy to unlock it for you. Have a nice day :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)