Tapu Lele Discussion

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tapu Lele
Psychic/Fairy
Abilities: Psychic Surge / Psychic Surge / Telepathy
HP: 70
Atk: 85
Def: 75
SpAtk: 130
SpDef: 115
Spe: 95

Level Up

L1 - Psychic Terrain
L1 - Aromatic Mist
L1 - Aromatherapy
L1 - Mean Look
L1 - Draining Kiss
L1 - Astonish
L1 - Withdraw
L1 - Confusion
L8 - Psywave
L14 - Psybeam
L20 - Sweet Scent
L26 - Skill Swap
L32 - Psyshock
L38 - Tickle
L43 - Nature’s Madness
L48 - Extrasensory
L53 - Flatter
L58 - Moonblast

TMs

TM03 - Psyshock
TM04 - Calm Mind
TM06 - Toxic
TM10 - Hidden Power
TM11 - Sunny Day
TM12 - Taunt
TM15 - Hyper Beam
TM16 - Light Screen
TM17 - Protect
TM20 - Safeguard
TM21 - Frustration
TM24 - Thunderbolt
TM25 - Thunder
TM27 - Return
TM29 - Psychic
TM30 - Shadow Ball
TM32 - Double Team
TM33 - Reflect
TM41 - Torment
TM42 - Facade
TM46 - Thief
TM48 - Round
TM49 - Echoed Voice
TM52 - Focus Blast
TM53 - Energy Ball
TM56 - Fling
TM57 - Charge Beam
TM68 - Giga Impact
TM77 - Psych Up
TM86 - Grass Knot
TM87 - Swagger
TM88 - Sleep Talk
TM90 - Substitute
TM96 - Nature Power
TM99 - Dazzling Gleam
TM100 - Confide

Last edited:
Super good. Strong STABs, Focus Blast, Taunt, a great ability for enabling sweepers... only things it could possibly want that it doesn't have would be recovery, fire coverage, or slightly higher speed.

Im afraid of facing this thing already. Such great ability compared to its typing, its weak to shadow sneak and bullet punch and it got great stats and the good moves for it.

Sweet, sweet BP immunity. Great coverage and strong STAB psyshock/moonblast. Could play kinda like a gard that's immune to priority.

You totally are not getting what i meant. I said that that typing meant it would be weak to those two moves, which why that ability is so good compared to that typing.
Ah, I see. Was a bit confused, but yea, that ability is super good on this, especially since the mons that have Mold Breaker that see usage in OU (Drill, Kyurem-B, Mega Ampharos never) don't have priority that hits you for SE damage.

Tapu LeLe is powerful enough on paper to make me think there a possibility that it may end up in the highest tier. Decent speed, good special bulk, immune to priorty has 130 base attack, great coverage. This pokemon can easily boost or Wall Break. There is barely any pokemon in the whole game that arent OHKOed or 2Koed besides very bulky Psychic types like Cresselia

Do we know if Pokémon not touching the ground could use priority? Or if our own Pokémon could use priority?

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So much for support mon...

Tapu Lele will easily be a monstrous force in OU. Its psychic attacks are extremely hard hitting after psychic terrain boost, and any foolhardy dark type brave enough to come in is ohkod by moonblast.

i wouldnt be suprised that it eventually becomes the topic of a suspect test

Ah, I see. Was a bit confused, but yea, that ability is super good on this, especially since the mons that have Mold Breaker that see usage in OU (Drill, Kyurem-B, Mega Ampharos never) don't have priority that hits you for SE damage.
Even if they did have priority, Mold Breaker wouldn't do them any good, because the priority is blocked by the Psychic Terrain, not the ability itself.

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
So much for support mon...

Tapu Lele will easily be a monstrous force in OU. Its psychic attacks are extremely hard hitting after psychic terrain boost, and any foolhardy dark type brave enough to come in is ohkod by moonblast.

I wouldnt be suprised that it eventually becomes the topic of a suspect test
About to say - This thing can stay out vs Bisharp and not have to worry about Pursuit/SP 50/50

Basically Gardevoir with higher stats everywhere, a priority immunity and focus on Psychic damage over Fairy damage. And with the damage output of Choice Specs Latios... without a boosting item.

Has potential. A lot, in fact.

If Marshadow is #1, Tapu Lele is #2.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
As far as I can see, it's going to have same set as Garda, moonblast/psyshock/focus blast. Obviously OU, bisharp's viabillity is going to fall massively next gen.
Tbh, these tapus are going to be meta-defining in doubles too, as terrain conditions specially psychic is too good to pass on.

After that weird fish and Amaajo/Tsareena, I just came to realise that this little girl will be greatest bane on Maison equivalent's Triples with its field ability. She will stop first turn Tailwinds when she comes first and this is a massive threat just next to Trick Room.

How to counter this thing in the first turn well should one face it there in Maison Triples? I have run Greninja and Mega-Blastoise with Dark Pulse, that can be useful, but that's it and it can't stop the already-set field.

As far as I can see, it's going to have same set as Garda, moonblast/psyshock/focus blast. Obviously OU, bisharp's viabillity is going to fall massively next gen.
Tbh, these tapus are going to be meta-defining in doubles too, as terrain conditions specially psychic is too good to pass on.
How will it affect Bisharp besides the fact it can't Sucker Punch for 5 turns? Tapu Lele is still weak to Steel and is neutral to Dark.

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
How will it affect Bisharp besides the fact it can't Sucker Punch for 5 turns? Tapu Lele is still weak to Steel and is neutral to Dark.
It can't stay in for 50/50s like it did against gardevoir and tapu lele obviously is faster than it, also sucker punch's base power is 70 now and at +1 bisharp misses some KOes against faster stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)