Announcement SV Ubers UU Tiering Surveys [April Survey Results out!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KineSquared

Ubers UU Founder
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Hello everyone! We are having our first post-release community survey, focused on the new december meta.

Anyone with Smogon account may respond and we will be taking a particularly close look on those who have experience on the ladder or in tournaments. We will keep this open through 5:00 AM GMT-5 of Sunday, December 9th, but the council will be reading responses as they come in to potentially act sooner, so respond when possible. It only takes a few minutes to respond, so please do so if you are invested in our metagame!

HERE is the first ever SV Ubers UU tiering survey. Please respond!

And thank you all for a great first few weeks of gameplay!

KineSquared

Ubers UU Founder
Hello everyone! We are having our second community survey, focused on the new Indigo Disk meta.

Anyone with Smogon account may respond and we will be taking a particularly close look on those who have experience on the ladder or in tournaments. We will keep this open through 5:00 AM GMT-5 of Saturday, January 13th, but the council will be reading responses as they come in to potentially act sooner, so respond when possible. It only takes a few minutes to respond, so please do so if you are invested in our metagame!

HERE is the January 2024 SV Ubers UU tiering survey. Please respond!

KineSquared

Ubers UU Founder
Hello everyone! We are having our third community survey, focused on the february, Post-NDW meta.

Anyone with Smogon account may respond and we will be taking a particularly close look on those who have experience on the ladder or in tournaments. We will keep this open through 12:00 AM GMT of Thursday, February 22nd, but the council will be reading responses as they come in to potentially act sooner, so respond when possible. It only takes a few minutes to respond, so please do so if you are invested in our metagame!
HERE is the February 2024 SV Ubers UU tiering survey. Please respond!

Leo Justice

Ubers UU leader
is a Forum Moderator
Hello everyone, I wanted to share the results of the February Survey

On a scale from 1-5, how enjoyable do you find this metagame?
Everyone: 4.10
Qualified: 4.28

I am glad that you are enjoying the metagame, and I hope it can continue to grow from here! More tournaments will come out soon, I hope you look forward to it!

On a scale from 1-5, how balanced to you find this metagame?
Everyone: 3.55
Qualified: 3.67

This balance score is around okay. It doesn’t say the metagame is super balanced but it doesn’t say its super broken either.

On a scale from 1-5, how banworthy do you believe Arceus-Fire is?
Everyone: 3.83
Qualified: 4.11

:Arceus-Fire: This is the big one. This result is incredibly high compared to everything else, as you will see. This resulted in it getting voted on and getting quickbanned, which I am personally really glad, as Arceus-Fire's counterplay was really limited.

On a scale from 1-5, how banworthy do you believe Arceus-Electric is?
Everyone: 2.35
Qualified: 2.44

:Arceus-Electric: Arceus-Electric is a tricky one. Because it is kind of mid but at the same time it is incredible in certain matchups. I think this needs more time, especially considering the opportunity cost of running electric went down since Arc-Fire got banned

On a scale from 1-5, how banworthy do you believe Mewtwo is?
Everyone: 2.48
Qualified: 2.56

:Mewtwo: Another kind of tricky one. I personally think Mewtwo is a bit overrated, but still incredibly strong. This result does say its about average in terms of brokenness, which is to be expected of the ultimate life form.

On a scale from 1-5, how banworthy do you believe Palkia-Origin is?
Everyone: 2.55
Qualified: 2.39

:Palkia-Origin: This result is a bit too low in my opinion, since Palkia-O is incredibly hard to switch into in teambuilding. However, it relies on inaccurate moves to do anything which means that it makes sense on why it would not be as good.

On a scale from 1-5, how banworthy do you believe Zacian is?
Everyone: 2.50
Qualified: 2.11

:Zacian: Zacian’s result has gone far down from the days of the December metagame. I find it a bit underrated but it is still really, really good.

On a scale from 1-5, how banworthy do you believe Shed Tail is?
Everyone: 2.17
Qualified: 1.72

:Cyclizar: Nothing to say here. Shed tail’s usage has gone down significantly since Cyclazar struggles in the higher power metagame.

On a scale from 1-5, how banworthy do you believe Shadow Tag is?
Everyone: 2.74

:Gothitelle: I think that Shadow Tag is a bit underrated, but it is true that it is incredibly hard to fit in teams, so nobody uses it. Once someone comes up with a good shadow tag team though, I would like to see this go as Shadow Tag is very uncompetitive

On a scale from 1-5, how banworthy do you believe Arena Trap is?
Everyone: 1.82
Qualified: 1.40

:Dugtrio: Dugtrio is even harder to fit in teams due to it not being able to swap in to opponents, and it not having enough power to break through the walls it wants. I think it has potential but so far it hasn't shown much promise

On a scale from 1-5, how banworthy do you believe Stored Power is?
Everyone: 2.09
Qualified: 1.89

:Espathra: Espathra struggles in this higher power metagame, and the opportunity cost of running it is very high. It's understandable that this has been really low. Cosmic power Arceus might have a resurgance though, which might cause this to increase.

On a scale from 1-5, how banworthy do you believe Terastalization is?
Everyone: 2.40
Qualified: 2.06

:Terapagos: Tera is a bit controversial in general but it is somewhat balanced in this tier. I don’t think we can really ban it in this tier unless Ubers decides to ban it though.

How much would you like for Shaymin-Sky to be retested?
Everyone: 2.77
Qualified: 2.94

:Shaymin-Sky: I don’t really want to have Skymin come back to the tier, since the more I’ve considered it the more I’ve found it to still be broken. This result is not really enough to justify it being retested, but it may be if it keeps getting support in the future. We will be hosting Skymin-allowed tournaments in the Unofficial metagames room in Showdown, so stay tuned there to play them to make your own opinion

How much would you like for Arceus-Flying to be retested?.
Everyone: 3.09
Qualified: 2.81

:Arceus-Flying: Similarly to Skymin, Arceus-Flying is a pokemon that I’ve wanted to retest less and less the more I’ve thought about it. Especially after we’ve just banned an oppressive Arceus form, potentially releasing another one does not sound all that appealing. Since this one is immune to Poison spikes and spikes, I feel like it’d potentially be as oppressive as Arceus-Fire.

How much would you like for Arceus-Steel to be retested?
Everyone: 2.58

:Arceus-Steel: This one shows how there is not really a want to test Arceus-Steel, which is understandable, since it is one of the better types.

On a scale of 1-5, how much do you agree with the council's decision to suspect test Necrozma Dawn wings?
Everyone: 4.27
Qualified: 4.11

:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings: Necrozma-Dawn-Wings was really problematic for the metagame overall, as it was one of the most used mons with way too much versatility thanks to Tera. Without Tera I don’t see it being a problem though, so if Ubers bans Tera or in potentially generation 10, I can see this returning to the tier.

Hello everyone! We are having our fourth community survey, focused on the March, Post Arceus-Fire meta.

Anyone with Smogon account may respond and we will be taking a particularly close look on those who have experience on the ladder or in tournaments. We will keep this open through 12:00 AM GMT of Tuesday, March 19th, but the council will be reading responses as they come in to potentially act sooner, so respond when possible. It only takes a few minutes to respond, so please do so if you are invested in our metagame!
HERE is the March 2024 SV Ubers UU tiering survey. Please respond!

Leo Justice

Ubers UU leader
is a Forum Moderator
Hello everyone! We are having our fifth community survey, focused on the April meta.

Anyone with Smogon account may respond and we will be taking a particularly close look on those who have experience on the ladder or in tournaments. We will keep this open through 12:00 AM GMT of Tuesday, April 16th, but the council will be reading responses as they come in to potentially act sooner, so respond when possible. It only takes a few minutes to respond, so please do so if you are invested in our metagame!
Here is the April 2024 SV Ubers UU tiering survey. Please respond!

Leo Justice

Ubers UU leader
is a Forum Moderator
Here are the results for the April Survey!

On a scale from 1-10, how enjoyable do you find this metagame?
Everyone: 6.534883721
Qualified: 6.142857143

On a scale from 1-10, how balanced to you find this metagame?
Everyone: 4.976744186
Qualified: 5

:Lunala: On a scale from 1-10, how banworthy do you believe Lunala is? If you have not played against it, then feel free to not vote
Everyone: 7.261904762
Qualified: 7.476190476

:Arceus-Ghost: On a scale from 1-10, how banworthy do you believe Arceus-Ghost is? If you have not played against it, then feel free to not vote
Everyone: 7.25
Qualified: 7.263157895

:Shaymin-Sky: On a scale from 1-10, how banworthy do you believe Shaymin-Sky is? If you have not played against it, then feel free to not vote
Everyone: 6.952380952
Qualified: 7.8

:Necrozma-Dawn-Wings: On a scale from 1-10, how banworthy do you believe Necrozma-Dawn-Wings is? If you have not played against it, then feel free to not vote
Everyone: 4.951219512
Qualified: 5.1

:Terapagos: On a scale from 1-10, how banworthy do you believe Terapagos is? If you have not played against it, then feel free to not vote
Everyone: 4.674418605
Qualified: 4.095238095

:Zacian: On a scale from 1-10, how banworthy do you believe Zacian is? If you have not played against it, then feel free to not vote
Everyone: 2.604651163
Qualified: 2.80952381

:Chien-Pao: On a scale from 1-10, how banworthy do you believe Chien-Pao is? If you have not played against it, then feel free to not vote
Everyone: 4.325581395
Qualified: 3.904761905

:Cyclizar: On a scale from 1-10, how banworthy do you believe Shed Tail is? If you have not played against it, then feel free to not vote
Everyone: 4.5
Qualified: 4.571428571

:Arceus: On a scale from 1-10, how banworthy do you believe Extreme Speed is? If you have not played against it, then feel free to not vote
Everyone: 1.930232558
Qualified: 1.952380952

:Dugtrio: On a scale from 1-10, how banworthy do you believe Arena Trap is? If you have not played against it, then feel free to not vote
Everyone: 1.9
Qualified: 1.75

:Terapagos-Stellar: On a scale from 1-10, how banworthy do you believe Tera Blast is? If you have not played against it, then feel free to not vote
Everyone: 2.372093023
Qualified: 2.142857143

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)