Project SV Ubers UU Secret Santa

Status
Not open for further replies.

KineSquared

Ubers UU Founder
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
(Joining in on the great idea posted by the matte)
SV Ubers UU Secret Santa!
1702420888375.png
In this time of year, we're feeling generous, so let's help our community members teambuild! This particular Secret Santa is similar to a teambuilding workshop. Each person who Sign Up via THIS Google Form with a Pokemon, core or a idea they'd like someone else to build a team with. Afterwards, everyone who joined the project will receive one of the aforementioned ideas and will have to build a team with it before the building deadline. Finally, the teams will be posted in this thread by everyone participating.
  • Signups end December 19 6:00 pm GMT.
  • Teams should be posted on this page between December 19 6:00 pm GMT and December 25 12:00 am GMT. Feel free to tag your gift-receiver or dm them the team, but we want you to post it publicly as well!​
  • This is for the December Metagame. That's post last-respects ban, pre-DLC2 drops/January shifts​
  • Nicknames and lore are highly appreciated. Strategy, replays, and descriptions are a benefit too.​
  • The Discord Moderator IcyScream will handle the distribution of requests, and is your point-person if there are any issues.​
Happy Holidays!

LOrd Fernado

I COULD BE BANNED!
:rillaboom::sneasler::espathra::magearna::arceus-fire::ursaluna-bloodmoon:
Leo Justice i was your not so secret santa. this is based off the rilla + sneas core u requested, but i added espathra to the core because i found that on a resource page. arc-f is used to hit pokemon like gholdengo and other steel types that dont get clapped by close combat from sneasler, magearna just provides a physdef mon and utility like pivoting and anti-setup, and ursaluna-bm is just a mon i like as well as making it very strong with a defense boost AND cm boosts

KineSquared

Ubers UU Founder
Go make a sandwitch I have a victreebel team for ya. Firstly, here's my final team
The most obvious direction to go it as a growth chlorophyll sweeper. It does...okay? pretty well for a ZU 'mon. It can come in on zacian, palafin, rillaboom, and maybe a few other things and threaten KOs. It has decent coverage (except dragons), +2 special boosts are kind of rare in UUbers, and it outspeeds the unboosted meta with this stat spread. Clear the dragons with roaring moon and arceus, clear the hazards, get victreebel behind a sub, and it can put in work for like 2 turns.
And I finally got a decent replay of it putting in work!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubersuu-2017688891-mz21333rddd793qaj1x8uy13xyrc9j9pw

The other option i found is that grassy glide+sucker punch gives it a niche as a priority user. With gluttony+swords dance you canusually get to +3 in a single turn, and then sucker punch your way down. So... kind of an alternative to sneasler?

ZU shitmon is ZU shitmon, but it has more than zero sauce! call this british cookery IG. Happy Holidays!

IcyScream https://pokepast.es/dc5d8c5245282406 here's the team.

Iron Hands has sometimes been called "Brian Hands" and for whatever reason I think about Brian Griffin from Family Guy. I went with a CB set because that has been the most consistent. Naturally, I wanted something that could get it in safely, wihch is where Dialga and AlomomolA come in; Dialga being named after a popular British media figure and AlomomolA looking like it has no thoughts inside its head. While Dialga can enable Trick Room of the three, AlomomolA can support with Wish, and both it and AlomomolA can safely bring it in. As for the other picks, Ursaluna is just another breaker, aptly named because of that one advertisement mascot for a product meant to clean yourself up. Magearna, who reminds me of the dolls sometimes seen in music boxes, is where I wanted to cook a little. The idea with trick is that after Eject Pack is used, it has no item to use, so it can steal an opponent's HDB for example. Lastly, I added Wo-Chien becuase a lot of the time Trick Room teams suffer from a lack of water resists, and it can also be bulky with setting up screens. I named it after the Traditional Chinese translation of "Leaf Slug".

Finchely i got a team with dragapult and zamazenta for you. https://pokepast.es/dbe7f2950c482097

This team uses dragapult to spread status and pivot to zamazenta which can then tank hits, roar out setup sweepers, or just hit hard with body press. Gholdengo is used as a fast scarfer that can absorb status and is generally just used as a way to stop status spamming mons and also is useful into some pokemon and while zamazenta does have steel stab it’s not very invested so it doesn’t have the most damage and a special attacker is nice. Cyclizar has shed tail and is used as a hazard control, pretty standard and arceus-poison is also used as a utility pokemon, although its aim to take hits and be a switch in. The team is pretty weak to strong found type attackers though which is why baxcalibur is there, being able to deal huge damage to most ground types like ursaluna and landorus and can also be a win condition with scale shot and swords dance. This team is more of a bulky playstyle, where it’s not focused on big buttons and more on getting the opponent in a bad position and then having zamazenta finish the job or baxcalibur sweeping. I haven’t had a lot of time to playtest the team, but I did go against you with this team during the ladder event which was funny, so you have seen it before. Anyways, I hope this team is what you wanted, and good luck if you end up using the team!

https://pokepast.es/5a0fb62262131a96
Here is the team SwordIsBored requested, all he wanted was bellibolt, so here it is:
In the team, i used an Assault Vest bellibolt as a special wall and slow pivot, in a similar way somebody may use a Magearna, but with some key advantages, mainly better recovery via parabolic charge and mud slap to piss off some people and ruining palkia origin's RNG guantlet even more, it plays pretty balance ish, though it feels pretty hazard weak, could replace zacian with an HDB variant

Made two versions of a :manaphy: team for Dorron!
:Manaphy:-:Palafin-hero:-:Arceus-Grass:-:Magearna:-:Pelipper:-:Palkia-Origin:
:Manaphy:-:Arceus-Poison:-:Landorus:-:Magearna:-:Corviknight:-:Palkia-Origin:
tera fairy on :manaphy: is to setup on dragons, :dialga: (if it doesn't roar) :giratina: and :palkia-origin:, alluring voice is a slight upgrade to dgleam. I was using :choice-scarf: with flip turn, which could work but wouldn't get as many epic sweeps. both teams employ my favorite strategy of just clicking momentum moves, at one point, the team had 5 mons that could use a move to switch, but i calmed down and built a reasonable team. :Arceus-poison: could be replaced, but I found myself struggling with :zacian:, plus free wisps are super nice, so you would need to do something that can fill that role. :landorus: with scarf outspeeds all of the unboosted meta, and can click free u-turns or EP's on most mons, tera water is to do better into :dondozo: and :palafin-hero:. :magearna: does the same old thing, only thing you can mess up about this mon is stored power. :corviknight: is a good physical check, keeping pokemon like :arceus-poison:, :palafin-hero:, :zacian:, and :sneasler: in check with its unique defensive profile, defog is your only form of hazard removal, so you'll wanna u-turn on any :Gholdengo: to pop a balloon and send in your :landorus: to kill it (or just u-turn again lol). do i really have to explain :Palkia-origin:? he comes in and clicks funny buttons, fire blast for :magearna:, two stabs and sub, standard stuff here.

the only change on the rain version of the team that needs explaining is the :arceus-grass: and honestly, i can't explain it, it worked a couple times and was funny when i used it, feel free to change it to a reasonable set if/when you wanna use this team.

(does it seems like i just learned how to use the :chansey: things and wanted to use them everywhere? well you'd be correct, yes i did, this is so much fun)

Happy holidays, JustCallMeFish ! The Secret Delibird heard your plea for a Scarf Ninetails/Baxcalibur offense team, and decided to give me a chance to put it together.

https://pokepast.es/f96382195abafcf0

Before you read: This is my first time building a team for somebody else. I'm also not used to building offense. Feel free to modify this team as you see fit. I also wanna say that this team wouldn't have come together in the way it has without the advice of my friend Toffee. Thanks for that! Now let's go over what we got!

Ninetales-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Cloak
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast
- Dark Pulse
"Wait, what? Not Snow Warning? Joop, what were you thinking?" May be your first response. However! In testing, I found that having another snow setter allows Alolan Ninetales to focus on being a fast pivot that can outspeed most threats to hit with a 100% accurate Blizzard, while dodging attacks with Snow Cloak. Freeze Dry and Moonblast both provide great STAB coverage. Dark Pulse + Tera Dark gives Ninetales another great coverage option. Ninetails is usually strong enough to take a hit, but perhaps Tera Ice for stronger blizzards and freeze drys as well as maintaining the defense buff may provide more consistency to its survivability. I did not get the chance to try that though.

Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Scale Shot
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
There isn't anything too special to say about this Bax set. It's a very basic offensive Loaded Dice set with Earthquake for coverage and tera poison for defensive coverage. I messed around with HD boots as well. This may be a better option with all the sticky webs running around, but I found more success going with more damage on LD. Bax can take a physical hit in the hail, so its not too bad to be slowed down.

Slowking-Galar @ Icy Rock
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 68 SpA / 148 SpD
Modest Nature
- Chilly Reception
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic Noise
- Taunt

Ahh, there's the snow setter! I have chosen Galarian Slowking with Chilly Reception to set the snow for the above two ice types. This team needed a bulky pokemon that can set Snow and take hits. Slowing does a great job of this with Regenerator. The snow runs out quicker than you think, so icy rock is useful to keep Snow Cloak up longer. Sludge Bomb and Psychic Noise are coverage, and Taunt is just covering another move slot for the most part. I play them like this - I lead the game with Slowking. Depending on who comes out, I either go for Taunt to stop them from doing status moves or Chilly Reception to allow Slowking to take a hit and go. I think the slot Taunt is covering can be taken by a couple different status moves. Cool stuff! The rest of the team doesnt take advantage of the snow as much, but this allows the team to be multifaceted. As well, the above team members can and do function outside of snow!

Palkia-Origin @ Lustrous Globe
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Water
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Surf
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder Wave
Just a solid fast Palkia-O set. Blizzard lets them take advantage of snow. Thunder wave is nice useful speed control.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flash Cannon
- Draining Kiss
- Protect
Another simple set. Magearna gives this set a much needed bulky switch-in with good defensive type coverage. I like draining kiss for healing but y'know. You can tweak as necessary.
Zacian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
I like to think of this Zacian as the true anchor of this team. They are here to come in after the ice types have fallen, and wreck the rest of their team. The problem with ice types is that they are super frail - even Bax's dragon typing cant fully save it from this. Nothing like Zacian to pull everything together. I feel like hd boots is necessary in the sticky web meta but a healing item may be better. I tried Leftovers a few times but HD boots was just more useful.

So basically - you pilot this team by throwing out Slowking-Galar, setting up for the ice types, and going from there. I will say, scarf alolan ninetales really challenged me. I tried aurora veil snow warning scarf for a while but i just couldnt justify not having dark type coverage. This was very fun!! Thank you for the chance to make a team for ya.

Last edited:
Creator of Some I made you a rain team w bulky surging strikes Urshifu
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Leftovers
Ability: Unseen Fist
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Protect
slow but tailwind kinda really helps
Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Tailwind
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Hydro Pump
Rain and tailwind setter poooooog
Palkia-Origin @ Lustrous Globe
Tera Type: Fire
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
Para spreader
Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
destroyer of fire and poison and electric
Zacian @ Choice Band
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Fighting
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge
Damageeeeeeee
Chi-Yu @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Psychic
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
Damageeeeeee

Merry Christmas angl3r!
Here’s the Cyclizar + Darkrai HO team you asked for!
:cyclizar: :darkrai: :Zacian: :arceus-fire: :dialga-origin: :Landorus:

My little summary for the team is to lead cyclizar and pivot to mon than can do the best. Cyclizar is the standard shed tail set. Rather than try my luck with hypnosis on Darkrai I ran Nasty Plot + 3 Attacks. I ran dark pulse for stab, Psyshock for Blissey and other special walls, and focus blast for dark types (and the 4 other types fighting hits). I overall had pretty decent success with the team and I hope you enjoy it!

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion
:dialga: :cyclizar: :arceus-poison: :ogerpon-wellspring: :gholdengo: :roaring-moon:Click the sprites ilikeeatingcrayons

Spreads
Dialga: Guaranteed OHKO on Zacian, guaranteed to take on Zacian Close Combat after a Spike, guaranteed 2HKO on Magearna after Lefties recovery and outspeeds paralyzed Zacian.

Arceus-Poison: outspeeds 299s like Chi-Yu and Palafin.

Ogerpon-Wellspring: takes on Palkia-O Spacial Rend after a Spike or Stealth Rock while still having a guaranteed OHKO on Zacian after Swords Dance / 2HKO without boosting.

Gholdengo: Balloon allows it to take on threats such as Landorus and Arceus-Poison. Speed lets it outspeed other faster mons and creep slow Gholdengos.

Roaring Moon: outspeeds 299s like Chi-Yu. Taunt + Knock Off + Roost along with Gholdengo and Cyclizar destroy stall teams if played well.

Replays
Replay 1
Replay 2 vs Sun
Replay 3 vs Sun
Replay 4 vs Stall
Replay 5 vs Stall

Blighterest

Banned deucer.
Merry Christmas bennymbss, here's the arc-fire team you asked for!
:Arceus-Fire: :Rillaboom: :Dondozo: :Dialga: :Azumarill: :Scizor:

Now I'll explain the intended roles of each pokemon

:Arceus-Fire: @ :Flame Plate:
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed

- Flare Blitz
- Recover

This is a fairly basic :Arceus-Fire: set. Except, to fit the bulky offense/balance archetype, it sacrifices a bit of speed in favor of more bulk. 96 Speed EVs allow it to outrun any base 100 mons, like :Baxcalibur:, :Chi-Yu: (without :Choice Scarf:), :Palafin-Hero:, :Palkia: etc. Of course, SD + Tera Normal ESpeed can nuke just about anything out of the orbit, and any steel type that might resist it has to be scared of :Flame Plate: boosted Flare Blitz (looking at you, :Magearna:). Though, you still have to watch out for :Giratina:, because not only is it immune to ESpeed, but it also resists Flare Blitz.

:Rillaboom: (F)
@ :Choice Band:
Ability: Grassy Surge
Tera Type:
Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
-
Grassy Glide
-
U-Turn
- High Horsepower
- Wood Hammer

This one is also a fairly basic :Rillaboom: set. Due to Grassy Glide granting priority in grassy terrain, there is not much need to run any speed EVs on this mon, as a Tera Grass and grassy terrain boosted Grassy Glide is bound to hit like a semi truck. High Horsepower allows it to break through mons that would normally wall it like :Arceus-Poison:, :Dialga: and most importantly :Magearna:, U-Turn allows you to keep momentum, and Wood Hammer is for when you just need more power against the likes of :Palafin-Hero:.

:Dondozo: (F) @:Heavy-Duty Boots:
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Wave Crash
- Avalanche

I hate this thing. I really do. But it fits so well on this team so... oh well. SO. Donbozo. I'll keep it brief, this is a basic mon. Its primary purpose is to stop :Zacian: which it can do pretty well, but it can also stop just about any other setup sweeper that doesn't use Stored Power. Wave Crash is a powerful STAB move and Avalanche is great coverage.

:Dialga:
@:Air Balloon:
Tera Type:
Flying
EVs:
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
Calm
Nature
IVs:
0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Earth Power
- Roar
- Draco Meteor

Yet another basic set. This has been a very reliable set for a long time, and it seems like that will be the case for more. Thunder Wave can cripple anything that thinks it's safe to stay in, Earth Power hit steel types that might get too cozy like :Magearna: or opposing :Dialga:, Draco Meteor is a STAB nuke, and Roar is an excellent phasing option. :Air Balloon: and Tera Flying allow it to go reliably against :Landorus-Incarnate: and :Palkia-Origin: and retaliate with Draco.

:Azumarill: (F)
@:Assault Vest:
Ability: Huge Power
Tera Type:
Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Atk / 124 SpDef
Adamant Nature
-
Play Rough
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

This is my favorite set by far. This is the ultimate anti-:Palkia-Origin: set. It can safely come in and kill it. 132 Adamant Atk allows it to reliably kill it with PR > AJ , Superpower stuff steels like :Dialga:, and Knock Off is overall utility. This gal is just great. It's sad that it'll be outclassed by :Primarina: soon.

:Scizor:
@:Leftovers:
Ability: Technician
Tera Type:
Fire
EVs: 96 HP / 160 Atk / 252 Def
Impish
Nature
-
Defog
-
Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn

Last but not least, the Defogger. Scizor has good MU against some threats like :Zacian:, and this set fits right into a balance team. The specific EVs allow it to 2HKO :Zacian: after a SD using BP while it can't do any meaningful damage back with any of its moves. Tera Fire grants a Fire immunity while letting it keep its valuable Fairy resistance. Due to this team not utilizing hazards, it's always safe to go for a Defog.

I hope you like the team!

KineSquared

Ubers UU Founder
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)