Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm been working on my Corrin lately and I was wondering what's a good secondary for her. She can do well in most match ups, but character such as Diddy Kong give me trouble. Any ideas? I've been thinking that Cloud seems like a good option.

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
I'm been working on my Corrin lately and I was wondering what's a good secondary for her. She can do well in most match ups, but character such as Diddy Kong give me trouble. Any ideas? I've been thinking that Cloud seems like a good option.
Hi Corrin main here. From my experience, Corrin usually has trouble against Diddy, Fox and Sonic (Sheik post-nerf is even now imo). Rosalina is a good character against all those three.

Anyone here have personal experience against a Duck Hunt that knows all the Can setups? Had some real trouble with one at a local, I main Mario/Cloud but I might try out Rosa or Pit just to snuff out the projectile spam. Character board for DH is dead unfortunately :/
Watch ImHip destroying Tyrant at 2GGT yesterday whenever the VODs come out.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Cloud

wouldn't Cloud's offstage weakness be accentuated in Corrin's bad matchups? he is a better character with similar gameplay but I don't see what matchup weaknesses he patches up

good ol case of "cloud op hurr durr." Regardless, Cloud is a character that everyone should invest some time in. Very easy to get a solid grasp off when you already have the fundamentals. In this case, Cloud and Corrin are too similar to cover their weaknesses.

ZeRo should update his best players list. My boy AC definitely the best Falco in the world.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
wouldn't Cloud's offstage weakness be accentuated in Corrin's bad matchups? he is a better character with similar gameplay but I don't see what matchup weaknesses he patches up
more along the lines that he has minimal/no bad matchups and can take advantage of that to fix up w/e bad matchups corrin has (and doing corrin stuff better than corrin) and it's relatively easy to transition over so yeah.

cloud is the best secondary for just about every character, it's only natural given his combination of being a low effort character and having at most 1 losing matchup and very few even ones.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't know much about s4 tiers but it's pretty obvious just by watching that Ramen is outplaying Zero by a decent margin, and yet seems to have to fight for his victory every second.

How is everyoneelse liking the marth buffs? I've been in the lab with him; seems to play way smoother! I've been searching for some decent kill setups though(other than the fast 1 hit Nair into w/e, or the aerial dancing blade one) just wondering!

Jab --> fsmash kills so early it's incredible. Lucina's a bit more consistent with it because tipper isn't always guaranteed, but if you get tipper they can die as early as 60% by ledge lol. Smashboards probably has information on the percent ranges it works.

Besides that, tipper uair and bair are your friends, smashes can work for reads, and you can edgeguard quite well with fair / up B stage spike.

jab to fsmash is just a 50/50 though, can also be di'ed afaik, and if anything they should be di'ing in and not out; but cool mixup; rar ff bair, shfl nair, retreating ftilt; retreating sh fair and fh double fair are all decent approaches so that is pretty cool. i just wish he had some guaranteed stuff like roy, where you can nair 1 -> up-B for a kill confirm p much. Roy might suck a little because of fall speed, but at least he has great setups! although tbf tippered tilts also work as kill options p nicely! Also i used to main lucina, but the pain of fair not killing off stage till my opponent is at an absurd percentage like 150, where upthrow kills on some chars becomes a confirm, i decided to start maining marth. Can't say i've been dissapointed although stuff like pikachu has been really irritating to play against, as is sonic for some reason.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
How is everyoneelse liking the marth buffs? I've been in the lab with him; seems to play way smoother! I've been searching for some decent kill setups though(other than the fast 1 hit Nair into w/e, or the aerial dancing blade one) just wondering!
He's pretty solid. Definitely a character worth investing time in now.

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Smash 4 at EVO just finished

1. Ally (Canada) (Mario)
2. Kamemushi (Japan) (Megaman)
3. ZeRo (Chile) (Diddy)
4. VoiD (USA) (Sheik)
5. Ranai (Japan) (Villager)
5. Abadango (Japan) (Mewtwo)
7. Larry Lurr (USA) (Fox)
7. Dabuz (USA) (Rosalina)

O CANADA OUR HOME AND NATIVE LAND
CANADA WINS IT, GO ALLY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)