SuMo UU Beta Tour (won by r0ady)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As many of you have seen, November stats have been released for SM Pokebank OU. While these stats are very tentative at best and don't represent anything close to a real tier shift, it can give us some idea of where usage stands. Therefore, I have made some major adjustments to the banlist. Please note, these adjustments will not go into effect until Round 3 - all Round 2 games are to use the current banlist.

First, Hippowdon, Mandibuzz, Nihilego and Zapdos all have enough usage to be considered OU, and therefore will be banned from this tour from Round 3 onward.

Second, several Pokemon that we thought might be OU by usage, specifically Azumarill, Gliscor, Keldeo, Tornadus-T, Weavile and Zygarde-10% were actually UU by usage based on these stats, and will be unbanned from this tour from Round 3 onward (unless we decide to ban them during a future round for balance).

Third, we have looked at many of the other Pokemon UU by usage, such as Thundurus-I and Thundurus-T, Kyurem-B, Volcanion, Dragonite, etc. The majority of these Pokemon will remain banned for reasons of "balance" (the tour is still pretty ridiculous, but we don't need to add in Kyurem-B, Thundy and Dnite to make things even worse). However, we have decided to unban Terrakion and Volcanion from the tour from Round 3 onward.

That means that, once Round 2 concludes, the banlist will be as follows:

Banned Pokemon
Bisharp, Breloom, Buzzwole, Celesteela, Chansey, Clefable, Diggersby, Dragonite, Dugtrio, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Garchomp, Genesect, Greninja, Greninja-Ash, Hawlucha, Heatran, Hippowdon, Hoopa-Unbound, Kartana, Kingdra, Kyurem-Black, Landorus-I, Landorus-T, Latios, Magearna, Magnezone, Manaphy, Mandibuzz, Mantine, Marowak-Alola, Mimikyu, Nihilego, Pelipper, Pheremosa, Porygon-Z, Rotom-Wash, Scolipede, Serperior, Skarmory, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Thundurus-I, Thundurus-T, Toxapex, Tyranitar, Volcarona, Xurkitree, Zapdos, Zygarde

Banned Abilities
Drizzle, Drought

Banned Items
Alakazite, Charizardite-X, Charizardite-Y, Gyaradosite, Latiasite, Metagrossite, Pinsirite, Sablenite, Scizorite, Slowbronite, Venusaurite

Banned Moves
Swagger, Z-Flash

Enjoy the rest of the tour!

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
It took me a lot of zen to defeat Serpi386 with rather uncommon sights. That was an intense three-battle series; good games.

Game 1: Euphonos vs. Serpi386
Assault Vest Swoobat is making its (unofficial) forum tournament debut. Unfortunately, as I attempted to target Hippowdon with Trick, he switches his Hippowdon out which foiled my plans for a Snorlax sweep. Seems like Robert Alfons recognized it immediately!

Game 2: Euphonos vs. Serpi386
He probably got the upper hand early in the game; but with a hint of instinct, I managed to make a good play on Decidueye which made it a deciding factor in the match. On my part, with Comfey being preserved in the remainder of the match, I managed to defeat his remaining teammates with it.

Game 3: Euphonos vs. Serpi386
"It could've been easier if it weren't for Tyrantrum on that team." I managed to introduce my Iron Chef team way back from the ORAS generation (shoutouts to Hogg for the theme) to this current generation and with a little twist, it still remained a force to reckon with. This replay illustrates the beauty of Hypnosis Bronzong and the monumental Linoone sweep after a Memento (repaying the favor from the first game). Talk about a myriad of set-up opportunities!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)