Maggyo @Leftovers
Careful (+Sp.Def/-Sp.Atk)
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Def/4 Atk or Def
Ability: Limber
~Curse
~Payback
~Earthquake
~Rest

I'm honestly surprised that nobody's suggested this sort of set already. Maggyo has nice HP and Special Defense, why not take advantage of those? Curse boosts Maggyo's meh Attack and Defense to usable levels, and lowers its Speed. Payback goes nicely with the speed drop from Curse, and is also why I specify Limber over Static- you don't want to risk paralyzing something and having Payback go first. Defeats the whole purpose of the move. EQ is for STAB and power, and Rest is for recovery.

I'm also amused at how activity in this thread ground to a screeching halt right after you were all told to stop with the memes and dissing Maggyo's looks.
The reason Curse is a poor move choice is because well... do you really want to boost its veeeeery meager attack (an amazing base 66) instead of just using its special side? In addition, weaknesses to Water- (on the special side, no less) and Ground-type moves hurts it immensely in this heavily weather-based metagame.

In all seriousness this guy is probably best off running something like Discharge/HP Ice/Rest/Sleep Talk and hope to spread paralysis. Rugged Helmet may be a nice gimmick item to spread passive damage with Sandstorm; if you get a paralysis from Static that's even better.

Poor guy just has so many issues with being useful... It can't do anything. Not a single entry hazard..

Maggyo @ Cutsap Berry/Petaya Berry
Nature: Modest
Ability: Sand Veil/Static (Get a little crazy, it's your choice (SAND VEIL ALL THE WAY))
EVs: 252 SpA/152 HP/102 Def/4 SpD
Moves:
~Surf
~Thunderbolt/Discharge (T-bolt mostly)
~Sludge Bomb
~Earth Power

An actually decent special sweeper. At modest and 252 SpA, you get to a 287 SpA. Not bad for a feces face.

Sludge bomb is for grass coverage (like you will outspeed that!), Earth Power and Thunderbolt are for STAB, and Surf is surf, a coverage move!

FECES FACE ISN'T SHIT!

your all so mean to this pokemon! i don't see a problem with overgrow serpe... wait... this is a stunfisk analysis!? stunfisk is what it looks like! it doesn't even deserve a place on the nu tier!!

You know I was using this guy as a special wall with;
discharge
HP Ice
Toxic
Protect.
(I'm sure this move set has a few variables like yawn and pain split)

He actually can talk quite a few hits. It's surprising and certainly not an aspect to be overlooked.

He could do a Scrafty and run Curse bulky boosting with Sassy nature, max Sp. D and HP...

Although why would you ever want to do that...

Its interesting becuase this thing isn't terrible, its just bad. Unova had no gimicky pokemon like farfetch'd, delibird, or luvdisc. Infact I don't think any gimick pokemon have been realeased the last gen, only bad ones like Pachirisu, and Patrat, which honestly aren't terrible in-game, and decent in NU.

It's certainly entertaining though to see people rage after he stalls them out. But yes certainly doesn't have a place in OU.
Definitely, I think people sometimes forget that attacks don't do nearly as much damage as you might believe.

Therefore allowing some epic shit to take place.

Imagine if he had an evolution (a bigger turd?), with the stats he has. Evolite anyone?

If only this guy wasn't so slow, it might be actually pretty good to use in the lower tiers. Its movepool is pretty decent, and those defenses are pretty nice, and it has useful resistances. But in the end, it's just crap. Don't use it.

My sanstorm team stunfisk set:

Stunfisk @ leftovers
Bold
Sand Veil

Thunder Wave
Mud Slap
Substitute
Surf

GEHEHEFffkfkfk

no really. This is pretty annoying if your opponent isn't packing an aura sphere pokemon. thunder wave + mud slap + substitute means you'll rarely be getting hit at all while your opponent takes sanstorm damage and you regain health with leftovers. Slap some hazards down beforehand and your opponent is going to be switching all over the place to avoid having to deal with accuracy loss. Surf is for Gliscor and other ground types in particular. Everything else gets paralysed.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
This thing makes me so sad. Ground/Electric is amazing coverage-wise, add that with Surf or Muddy Water if you're ballsy and that's unresisted coverage with 3 moves.

But that damned speed stat ruins it all. Even with just that 81 Sp.Attack, if it had enough speed to run a Choice Scarf set, it wouldn't be THAT bad.

I just hate seeing great offensive typing go a slow defensive Pokemon.

I spent hours staring at Stunfisk, and then at this thread, and quickly discerned that you people aren't taking this thing competitively enough.

Clearly, this is what Gamefreak intended for this creature:

Stunfisk @ Leftovers Trait: Static
EVs: 228 HP / 128 Def / 152 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Bounce
- Discharge
- Muddy Water
- Fissure

EVs for max lefties recovery, and enough speed to beat paralyzed adamant excadrill in the sand. Def focused because this thing is meant to abuse static, and most contact attacks are physical.

Ideally you should switch this into something which Stunfisk can usually scare with specs Earth Power (Jolteon, Heatran, Chandelure, Terrakion) so as to bluff a switch. A bounce on the switch will allow Stunfisk to get a free 30% paralyze on whatever switches in, provided it isn't a set-up sweeper (this is discouraged if the opponent has Gliscor, Salamence, or any other set-up sweeper immune to fissure). Alternatively any resisted contact attack, such as a stone edge, bullet punch, or acrobat is a good chance to switch in and start trying for a paralyze. Once something is paralyzed by bounce, discharge, or static, fissure is your go to move. After an opponent is paralyzed, Stunfisk has essentially a 50% chance to get away scotch free each turn, with a 30% chance of ohko-ing the opponent before it moves. Muddy Water is for flying/ground types who think they can switch in, and serves the dual purpose of lowering the accuracy of any other potential switch-ins, something which can increase your chances of surviving to even better than a couple coin tosses.

Damage Calcs
/troll

Remember I posted a Curse set for this thing? Just an update on that. I've tried that out myself with awesome results. Curse Stunfisk kicks some major ass over random Wifi. Mine, however, runs Curse/Stone Edge/Earthquake/Revenge.

Damn he get great stats(not shuubarugo good buy whatever). but if only he have all around better stats. grr

Exact reverse of most gen 5 good move bad stats

You know, Derpfish (Yes, I call him Derpfish (I mean, just look at how derpy he looks))'s special movepool actually isn't that bad. He gets moves like Thunderbolt, Earth Power, Surf, and Sludge Wave (I know Poison gets crap coverage, but it's still a decent special move). With 109/84/99 defenses, he ain't half-bad as a wall either. And with moves like Thunder Wave, Yawn and Pain Split, as well as the obligatory Toxic and Protect, he can be a good annoyer. For damage, you can also use Discharge over Thunder Wave. A Curse set is also decent with his physical movepool of Bounce, Eathquake, Stone Edge, Revenge, and Payback (all he gets for physical Electric is Spark, so no Electric for a Curse set). On a Trick Room team, he might actually be almost useful.

tl;dr This thing sucks, but it is so derpy looking, that you can't resist using it. Long live Derpfish!

Edit: i just realized that Sludge Wave actually has a tiny bit of relevance for coverage against Grass types. Besides that, though, it's useless.

I call it Flounderp, but it has a great wall movepool. It gets Scald, Muddy Water, Swagger, Pain Split, Spite, Yawn, Sleep Talk, Curse, and even Revenge to take advantage of its low speed. It also has Mud Bomb which has the same chance of lowering Accuracy as Muddy Water.

Yeah, but when you compare Mud Bomb to Earth Power, looking at the huge Base Power difference and Mud Bomb's crappy 85 accuracy, I really don't think Mud Bomb would be very viable. The only reason I would ever use Mud Bomb is if I was using it in-game and was too lazy to breed Earth Power onto it, and this is a competitive discussion, so what I would do in-game is useless.

(Also, Flounderp is a pretty funny name too).

(Has anyone had the misfortune of getting HP EV's from this guy in game? My god! Every frigging attack paralyzes you due to static >.<)

At least GF didn't give him a bad movepool, he does have options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)