Staraptor @ Charti Berry
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant
ability: Intimidate
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack / Tailwind
- Detect
  • Intimidate allows Staraptor to weaken otherwise threatening physical attackers, while Brave Bird and Close Combat allow it to do excellent damage to almost anything. Quick Attack gives Staraptor a reasonably powerful priority attack, but Tailwind can turn the tide of the match if used correctly. Charti Berry allows Staraptor to take any Rock Slide and take advantage of Intimidate.
  • Faster attackers such as Infernape or Weavile can take advantage of Staraptor's frailty and KO it before it can attack, so a scarfer such as Darmanitan or a Tailwind user such as Tornadus can allow Staraptor to bypass these threats.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant
ability: Reckless
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- Final Gambit
  • Staraptor outspeeds everything common but for Choice Scarf Garchomp with a Choice Scarf attached, and with Reckless and an Adamant nature, nabs OHKOs on a huge number of Pokemon.
  • Brave Bird and Close Combat have excellent coverage together, while Double-Edge hits Pokemon such as Thundurus and Zapdos that normally have no fear of Staraptor for huge damage. Final Gambit is gimmicky, but allows Staraptor to do a bunch of damage if at full health to Pokemon it wouldn't hit very hard otherwise, such as Metagross, and although Staraptor dies in the process, the surprise factor alone is very useful. Since Final Gambit does more damage with more HP, you may consider running more HP EVs when using it.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i believe that adamant reckless double edge OHKOES thundurus and maybe even zapdos (my calc died and i forget). so a possible scarf set with that is definitely an option, even though intimidate is more useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)