STABmons Viability Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You for moving Tyranitar to A+, but now there is a problem. Tyranitar-Mega is only A.............

Tyranitar-M ==> S-

Tyranitar Mega is a vamped up version of tyranitar with even more POWER! As I've stated in my Tyranitar to A+/S- Rank post. . . .

"With great STAB sucker punch and diamond storm this pokemon becomes very good in the STABmons metagame. It also can get moves like precipice blades because larvitar and pupitar are ground types. Diamond storm with it's chance to boost defence can lead to a lot of bulk if sandstorm is up."

No more really needs to be said. It may be somewhat weak so scizor/Mega-scizor but you can get rid of them with a blue flare heatran.

EV

Banned deucer.
Thank You for moving Tyranitar to A+, but now there is a problem. Tyranitar-Mega is only A.............

Tyranitar-M ==> S-

Tyranitar Mega is a vamped up version of tyranitar with even more POWER! As I've stated in my Tyranitar to A+/S- Rank post. . . .

"With great STAB sucker punch and diamond storm this pokemon becomes very good in the STABmons metagame. It also can get moves like precipice blades because larvitar and pupitar are ground types. Diamond storm with it's chance to boost defence can lead to a lot of bulk if sandstorm is up."

No more really needs to be said. It may be somewhat weak so scizor/Mega-scizor but you can get rid of them with a blue flare heatran.
The reason I put regular Tyranitar higher is because both function similarly except regular Ttar has the benefit of running an item and not taking up a mega slot. Other megas ranked above their base forme separate themselves enough because of they perform the role much better (Mega Scizor), fulfill a more specialized version of the role (Mega Aerodactyl), or they contribute a role unavailable or unviable elsewhere (Mega Diancie/Sableye).

You get almost the same benefit of either Ttar on your team, and with mega stones having a really high opportunity cost in STABmons, there's more value to the base forme. You can still Pursuit/Sucker Punch trap, setup Dragon Dances, spam Knock Off/Diamond Storm, provide weather support, and set hazards with either Ttar. Yes, Mega Ttar has more bulk and Attack (and Speed), but regular can surpass the mega with Life Orb/Choice Band/Choice Scarf (choice items pair nicely with Switcheroo) or just go bulky with Leftovers (Substitute then becomes viable and you can stack it with Sucker Punch), something mega Ttar can't do.

Mega Tyranitar was my preferred mega at the beginning of this generation, but now that has shifted to Aerodactyl or Scizor, two defining threats that contribute a lot more to the shape of the metagame than Tyranitar.

EV

Banned deucer.
:S

S- -> S+
What switches into this?
A+ -> S-
Sleeps you and then you die.
S+ -> S-
Not so good at checking the best physical attackers anymore. Offensive sets are still golden.
S- -> A+
I think Sableye influences the metagame more than it defines it right now.
B -> A
A different type of Greninja (lol Protean pun) but still is great at Sleep+NP. Bad Dreams wears down checks.

Greninja from A+ Rank ---> S- Rank

Totally agree with this change. Greninja is crazy good right now, and it should be moved up a bit. Dark Void can not be underestimated, as it puts all of its checks out of commission in one fell swoop! Then, it beats you up with its coverage! Just so good, rave reviews.

EV

Banned deucer.
N/A -> C+
I forgot I unranked him a while ago. Nasty Plot+Doom Desire is dangerous on Lucario, and physical sets exists as well with Extreme Speed to beat FakeSpeeders.

EV

Banned deucer.
A+ -> S-
Snipes birds and Dragons, sets up behind subs with its immense bulk, has great coverage with just STAB Ice+Fusion Bolt or can go mixed with Earth Power and Freeze Dry, isn't checked by FakeSpeed. Just overall a huge threat.

A+ -> S-
Snipes birds and Dragons, sets up behind subs with its immense bulk, has great coverage with just STAB Ice+Fusion Bolt or can go mixed with Earth Power and Freeze Dry, isn't checked by FakeSpeed. Just overall a huge threat.
Anything Kyu-B actually wants to have it has. Priority, Setup, excellent STAB choices. It already had Roost and excellent coverage with Fusion Bolt/Earth Power. Either one of those moves gives it perfect netural coverage with its STABS. Biggest threat that few people give enough credit.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
All for it. It's ridiculously strong, extremely hard to check on both offense and defensive teams. It can basically smash through any would be counter with its massive moveset, Earth Power for Rotom-Heat, setup + Icicle Crash / Spear for Chansey, etc (inb4 people start running HP Fire for Scizor). Even Sableye isn't a completely reliable check as many Kyub run lum berry, substitute, or both. I'd say maybe even S+ considering how incredibly difficult it is to stop (I have no idea why it was never even nominated for S until now anyways). At least Thundurus has the flaw of being able to be Fakespeed revenge killed, Kyub doesn't have that problem (at full health anyway).

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
All for it. It's ridiculously strong, extremely hard to check on both offense and defensive teams. It can basically smash through any would be counter with its massive moveset, Earth Power for Rotom-Heat, setup + Icicle Crash / Spear for Chansey, etc (inb4 people start running HP Fire for Scizor). Even Sableye isn't a completely reliable check as many Kyub run lum berry, substitute, or both. I'd say maybe even S+ considering how incredibly difficult it is to stop (I have no idea why it was never even nominated for S until now anyways). At least Thundurus has the flaw of being able to be Fakespeed revenge killed, Kyub doesn't have that problem (at full health anyway).
people already run hp fire for scizor and ferrothorn.

Reactions: EV
I agree entirely with Kyurem-B being S-. It can have anything it wants and the only thing it truly lacks is speed, but it has priority in this meta as well if you decide to do so. Overall, an amazing mon to put on any STABmon team.

EV

Banned deucer.
N/A -> C+
I forgot I unranked him a while ago. Nasty Plot+Doom Desire is dangerous on Lucario, and physical sets exists as well with Extreme Speed to beat FakeSpeeders.
A+ -> S-
S- -> S+

Did these things

Weavile has been increasingly common lately, and for a good reason. If I had to compare Weavile to one thing, it would have to be Darkrai. It's basically a physical, less bulky, Ice-type version of Darkrai. They sit at the same Speed tier, have incredibly fast Dark Voids, and both pack similar power. Weavile's been being used lately due to a fast Dark Void, powerful Icicle Crash, and ability to spread Knock Off. While Weavile isn't very bulky, it really doesn't matter due to its offensive nature. I feel as if Weavile sitting in C+ is an understatement, and really not reflecting how good Weavile is right now. I'd advocate for a raise to B due to its high Speed, useful Ice STAB, and ability to spread Sleep, all while removing items left and right and maintaining great offensive pressure.

EV

Banned deucer.

Weavile has been increasingly common lately, and for a good reason. If I had to compare Weavile to one thing, it would have to be Darkrai. It's basically a physical, less bulky, Ice-type version of Darkrai. They sit at the same Speed tier, have incredibly fast Dark Voids, and both pack similar power. Weavile's been being used lately due to a fast Dark Void, powerful Icicle Crash, and ability to spread Knock Off. While Weavile isn't very bulky, it really doesn't matter due to its offensive nature. I feel as if Weavile sitting in C+ is an understatement, and really not reflecting how good Weavile is right now. I'd advocate for a raise to B due to its high Speed, useful Ice STAB, and ability to spread Sleep, all while removing items left and right and maintaining great offensive pressure.
+Puts the genies back in their bottles, buries Aerodactyl, pain in the Latiass, Low Kick bops Ice Kyube and Cryanitar, Sucker Punch cancels Meloetta's tour, and Ice Shard puts the freeze on Serperior's jungle fever.

-Azumarill/Scizor sets up on it, Aegislash can play around non-Dark Void, without Low Kick Kyurem and Ttar can tank most hits and setup.

The benefit over Darkrai is 1) Physical 2) Ice STAB and 3) Two STAB priority moves. I can ship B.

Either my phone's being an idiot or I'm being an idiot, but Mega Aero isn't anywhere(probably me) and Diggersby was probably never there lol.
Also, for I think it was 4/12 shifts(the giant one) what went from N/A to A-? That's just img can't be seen.

EV

Banned deucer.
Either my phone's being an idiot or I'm being an idiot, but Mega Aero isn't anywhere(probably me) and Diggersby was probably never there lol.
Also, for I think it was 4/12 shifts(the giant one) what went from N/A to A-? That's just img can't be seen.
Mega Aero and Diggersby are banned.

The first sprite under 4/12 listed as N/A to A- is Mega Sableye.

Mega Aero and Diggersby are banned.

The first sprite under 4/12 listed as N/A to A- is Mega Sableye.
Ty(I haven't played STABmons in months) I mean I ran Diggersby. I <3'd it. Well I guess it's time to run Landorus/Thudurus/Stoutland
I always ran regular Aero tho.
Anyways, what do you think of Shell Smash Espeon tho?

Also thanks to Snaquaza.

what do you think of Shell Smash Espeon tho.
Sableye says hi

And since it's not really a check to bellyspeed anymore, it can check espeon in a pinch with little repercussions.

Also, I think every team had duggersby while it was legal, it ew just that good, even stall teams ran it as a fail safe.

Sableye says hi

And since it's not really a check to bellyspeed anymore, it can check espeon in a pinch with little repercussions.

Also, I think every team had duggersby while it was legal, it ew just that good, even stall teams ran it as a fail safe.

Espeon has magic bounce, so Sableye can't check it. It's just rather frail, So it's easy to revenge. It's also has a limited move pool unless it runs plate+judgement. It's not bad but it's not the most threatening sweeper.

Espeon has magic bounce, so Sableye can't check it. It's just rather frail, So it's easy to revenge. It's also has a limited move pool unless it runs plate+judgement. It's not bad but it's not the most threatening sweeper.
Parting Shot forces Espeon out, and Sableye can switch into Stored Power.

EV

Banned deucer.
Parting Shot phazes out Espeon before it can even sneeze.

Edit: Fuck unfixable. But the problem with PS phazing is Espeon can just switch in repeatedly and PP stall it.

Whoops forgot about parting shot. The whole Sableye checks x set up sweeper isn't unique to Espeon anyway. Espeon's biggest flaws are it's overall fragility and move pool.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Parting Shot phazes out Espeon before it can even sneeze.

Edit: Fuck unfixable. But the problem with PS phazing is Espeon can just switch in repeatedly and PP stall it.
PP stalling is not an issue at all, considering how frail Espeon is, it's extremely hard to find multiple opportunities to switch it in. It'll most likely die to chip damage or hazard damage or the player using it will win before parting shot pp is anywhere near gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)