Spriteless Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've looked around and couldn't find any threads about this problem yet, so here I go.

I recently downloaded the recent version (1.0.53S) that your Smogon University server on PO uses. As soon as I did and re-opened PO, the sprites of Pokemon stopped appearing in the battles. So I un-installed that version, wiped everything PO related from my computer, and went back to the previous version I was using that showed sprites (1.0.53). But the sprites were still missing. I have done this a few times, even reverting back to 1.0.52, but then going back to 1.0.53 after I saw the sprites were still missing.

I'd like some help on fixing this problem, as it's extremely annoying to not be able to see the Pokemon while in and/or watching a game.

That's extremely strange. Are you on Mac, PC or Linux? When you "revert back" to the old versions and log in, do the servers acknowledge that you're on an old version (as in, do they ask you to upgrade)?

I have the same problem, I can't see sprites either. All I see is a background, occasionally with movement such as Spikes, Stealth Rock, Earthquake, stat boosts and drops, and weather.

I have an old Windows computer.

It is extremely strange that uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix the problem.

Do me a favor: uninstall everything, and check if there's still a C:\Program Files\Pokemon Online folder. If there is, then delete it. THEN try reinstalling 1.0.53 (not our custom client).

@AOPSUser Are you sure we're talking about the same thing? PO doesn't show entry hazards/weather/etc. Are you thinking maybe of Aesoft's Replay Viewer?

As I said, I wiped EVERYTHING PO related from my computer. Including the stuffs from there.
Do sprites appear in the teambuilder? Or is it just battles that they're absent from? Also, when you double-click on a zip file, what program opens up? Is it WinZip? 7z? Or the native Windows decompresser?

Still spriteless. Hope they put up a new version that supports Windows, as only Windows users seem to be having issues with this.

Antar said:
@AOPSUser Are you sure we're talking about the same thing? PO doesn't show entry hazards/weather/etc. Are you thinking maybe of Aesoft's Replay Viewer?
No, I'm not talking about aesoft. Every time I go into battle, there's the same scene with a green background. I'll try to get a screenshot ASAP.

No, I'm not talking about aesoft. Every time I go into battle, there's the same scene with a green background. I'll try to get a screenshot ASAP.
It sounds like you're using the "new battle window" which is not currently supported. I don't know how you enabled it or how to disable it, but...

Edit: Battle Options -> Make sure "Old Battle Window" is checked. You try this too, Aximil.

That's just the fact that if you computer doesn't support basic opengl shaders, then new battle window won't work. Later we may check on opengl support (!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)