Speedrunning

Posting to say I have Prime 1 for the Gamecube and nearly zero memory of the game

also throwing a word out for Shadow the Hedgehog or Sonic Heroes lol

or

majora's mask :J

Last edited:
So for tomorrow, what time/game would be good for everyone? I want to start as early as possible, and am available past 1 PM est. I'd be down for any of the primes or Majora's Mask

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would definitely join in on Majora's Mask and MIGHT try MP1 if we do that. The only problem is I've been having trouble awakening before 2 PM CST. I can try though!

People should just join #speedrunraces and we'll get organised and finalize there (if there's anyone who hasn't ever before, feel free to join the IRC channel and get things started! We'd love to have more people join us on skype)

Yes!!! Right now I don't have any plans this weekend that aren't playing video games. Any North American evening times should work for me. Since I didn't catch #speedrunraces for OoT in time, I'll just leave my Skype, too: minwu325

Ampharos

I 100% cannot do Saturday unless we started in the evening, I'm making a 6 hr drive home that day.

How far are we planning to get in the game? I've no issue with time, but if we wanted to make it shorter, there's tons of checkpoints more easily obtainable. We could just set it to beating a certain temple boss, or to collecting X amount of masks or heart containers, or completing a sidequest.

Ampharos

We could always segment it and then add up our overall times at the end - maybe do it from temple boss to temple boss, over the period of a week or 2.

yeah, I have a compromise. We can do Majora's Mask over two segments, and if people are busy on one day, we can split this up in two. We can do to the start of Great Bay Temple in segment 1? (Or end of Snowfall, dunno), and end game in segment 2. (or break it up to 3 if neccesary). Then we can run a Saturday and a Sunday time for this one?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I wanted to do this sooner but bumperooni promoting my bros over at RPG Limit Break: http://www.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak
Current schedule for RPGLB: here

RPG Limit Break is a charity marathon event born in part from Mike Uyama's (main organizer for Awesome Games Done Quick) undying hatred for letting RPGs into AGDQ and as a spiritual successor to Crystals 4 Life. As the name might suggest, RPGLB is RPG-focused so it's a bit of different flavor from the usual action/platformer game focus of most marathons. It starts next week, going through May 12-16, with all donations going to benefit the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI).

Summer GDQ is also coming up at the end of July.

It lives! Bass billymills and others, would people be interested in a Metroid Prime 2 tomorrow? All anyone would need would be Dolphim and a decent computer, if they dont have the game.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone have any good highlights from SGDQ? I was honestly rarely sucked into the event this time, but there's a few early morning runs I'm gonna check out now.

Good stuff I saw... Resident Evil 3, Freedom Planet Race, Kong's Without Borders... that's about it.

Last edited:

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
I didn't watch much of SGDQ this year, but Earthbound was one of my favorites of the few runs I did see. I also recommend the Superstar Saga run if you have never seen it before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)