SM OU Spectacles HO (peaked 1722)

Favorite Tapu Koko set?

• Total voters

Introduction

What's popping? It's ya boi, Jaded Jellicent, back from school with some more LIT FIRE. Bulky Offense has always been a favorite of mine, but recently I've been messing around with a more fast-paced approach. The team below is kinda Volt-Turn HO-ish, while still have a decent enough backbone to where you don't lose turn 1. Obviously I don't play as much as I used to, but I did manage to sit down one day and ladder up to the 1700s with this squad (under the name 'lt69XD GOAT' cause screw OLT). Might have dropped some points since I only play once every 2 weeks.

The Team

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Facade / Power-Up Punch
Mega Lopunny is a mon that I've always wanted to try out since ORAS as I wasn't too serious back then. And I've got to say, I was not disappointed. Lopunny acts as a fast revenge killer, supported by its neutral coverage and priority in Fake Out. Frustration and High Jump Kick are the most powerful, hitting the common Steels and Kyurems running around after the Arena Trap ban. And with Mew rising in usage, Facade is used to absorb burns or other statuses like poison from T-spikes, as it allows Lopunny to overwhelm Mew. Power-Up Punch can be used too to ease the matchup against fat stuff on the switch. Quick Attack is another priority option used to pick off weakened Scarfers like Keldeo. EVs are self-explanatory with a Jolly nature to outspeed Grens and Kokos.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam
Another thing that I've been wanting to try out is Specs Koko. I made Scarf Physical Koko before as a revenge killer, but then I realized Ground-types are heavily pressured in this meta, so if that can be done, Specs Koko could then kill everything. With the boost from Electric Terrain and Specs, Thunderbolt can muscle through certain checks. Dazzling Gleam is used for neutral coverage, still packing a punch to dent Grounds. HP Fire nails Ferrothorn, doing about 80% and forcing a 50/50. Volt Switch completes the set, creating a switching core with Mew and easing up the late-game.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes / U-turn
When I was testing a previous version of the team, I ran into some trouble with Mew, so I decided to add Ash-Greninja to pressure Mew. I'm not going to dive into how to use this thing since it's been running OU since the release of SM. Basically click Hydro and don't miss. The last slot can either be Spikes or U-turn. Spikes helps wear down its counters like Magearna and Tangrowth, while U-turn bolster the VoltTurn core.

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon / Iron Head
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fleur Cannon
Next up, Magearna is chosen as the Steel-type of the team, acting as a bulky pivot into Latios, Tapu Lele and Greninja. This set has been around for months so I'm not gonna go into details. Dual STABs blow everything out of the game, HP Fire hits Ferro and Sciz, VS to keep up the momentum. EVs boost its defensive power, allowing to switch in and check the aforementioned threats multiple. Iron Head is preferred over Flash Cannon as it can check opposing Magearna, especially the CM set.

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock
Now for the glue of the team, and pretty much every OU team ever, Landorus-T. It acts as a Electric and Ground immunity, wallbreaker and Stealth Rocker. I chose to run the Flyinium Z set as it supports the first 3 mons by taking out bulky Grass like Venusaur and Tangrowth. EQ + Smack Down allow it to threaten Celesteela and slow Zapdos if hit down on the switch. EVs maximize its offensive capabilities, and Jolly is used over Adamant because Heatran 6-0s this team so it's more reliable.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch / U-turn / Will-o-Wisp
- Ice Beam / Psychic
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
Since Lando is offensive, I needed a sturdy Zygarde check as well as hazard control. Mew fits right in, but I'm not using any Will-o-wisp crap. First off, Zygarde isn't staying in on you anyway, Tapu Bulu is not switching in and Heatran capitalizes on Mew 100%. I decided to go with Volt Switch instead as it completes the VoltTurn core with Koko (well, I guess it's the VoltVolt core now). U-turn can also be used over Volt Switch as they're basically the same thing. U-turn allows you to switch against Ground-types, but Mew is supposed to check Grounds anyway so Volt Switch is better, as it can chip Heatran for more and hit Gyarados super-effectively. The EVs give it physical bulk to take on Zygarde, Medicham, Landorus and many more physical attackers, with its Speed stat reaching 288, outspeeding unboosted Gyarados. I didn't see the need for outspeeding Zygarde so a slow Volt Switch on that is appreciated.

Conclusion

Most of this team are mons that I've barely touched before so it was a refreshing experience. It is Hyper Offense so don't expect to have reliable switchins to stuff like Greninja. Other threats include: Volcarona, Heatran, Magearna, Keldeo, Mega Venusaur, Kartana.
Here's a replay to show how this team works (vs FLCL Offense): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-636621114

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Sassy Nature
- Iron Head
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Last edited:

Introduction

What's popping? It's ya boi, Jaded Jellicent, back from school with some more LIT FIRE. Bulky Offense has always been a favorite of mine, but recently I've been messing around with a more fast-paced approach. The team below is kinda Volt-Turn HO-ish, while still have a decent enough backbone to where you don't lose turn 1. Obviously I don't play as much as I used to, but I did manage to sit down one day and ladder up to the 1700s with this squad (under the name 'lt69XD GOAT' cause screw OLT). Might have dropped some points since I only play once every 2 weeks.

The Team

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Facade
Mega Lopunny is a mon that I've always wanted to try out since ORAS as I wasn't too serious back then. And I've got to say, I was not disappointed. Lopunny acts as a fast revenge killer, supported by its neutral coverage and priority in Fake Out. Frustration and High Jump Kick are the most powerful, hitting the common Steels and Kyurems running around after the Arena Trap ban. And with Mew rising in usage, Facade is used to absorb burns or other statuses like poison from T-spikes, as it allows Lopunny to overwhelm Mew. EVs are self-explanatory with a Jolly nature to outspeed Grens and Kokos.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam
Another thing that I've been wanting to try out is Specs Koko. I made Scarf Physical Koko before as a revenge killer, but then I realized Ground-types are heavily pressured in this meta, so if that can be done, Specs Koko could then kill everything. With the boost from Electric Terrain and Specs, Thunderbolt can muscle through certain checks. Dazzling Gleam is used for neutral coverage, still packing a punch to dent Grounds. HP Fire nails Ferrothorn, doing about 80% and forcing a 50/50. Volt Switch completes the set, creating a switching core with Mew and easing up the late-game.

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes / U-turn
When I was testing a previous version of the team, I ran into some trouble with Mew, so I decided to add Ash-Greninja to pressure Mew. I'm not going to dive into how to use this thing since it's been running OU since the release of SM. Basically click Hydro and don't miss. The last slot can either be Spikes or U-turn. Spikes helps wear down its counters like Magearna and Tangrowth, while U-turn bolster the VoltTurn core.

Magearna @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Next up, Magearna is chosen as the Steel-type of the team and wincon. Shift Gear + Calm Mind with support from Electric Terrain allows Magearna to plow through Bulky Offense or dent Hyper Offense if given the opportunity. BoltBeam provide perfect neutral coverage. The EVs maximize the boost from Shift Gear, allowing it to outspeed some Scarf users while still retaining some bulk to be used as a soft check to Lele.

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock
Now for the glue of the team, and pretty much every OU team ever, Landorus-T. It acts as a Electric and Ground immunity, wallbreaker and Stealth Rocker. I chose to run the Flyinium Z set as it supports the first 3 mons by taking out bulky Grass like Venusaur and Tangrowth. EQ + Smack Down allow it to threaten Celesteela and slow Zapdos if hit down on the switch. EVs maximize its offensive capabilities, and Jolly is used over Adamant because Heatran 6-0s this team so it's more reliable.

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch / U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
Since Lando is offensive, I needed a sturdy Zygarde check as well as hazard control. Mew fits right in, but I'm not using any Will-o-wisp crap. First off, Zygarde isn't staying in on you anyway, Tapu Bulu is not switching in and Heatran capitalizes on Mew 100%. I decided to go with Volt Switch instead as it completes the VoltTurn core with Koko (well, I guess it's the VoltVolt core now). U-turn can also be used over Volt Switch as they're basically the same thing. U-turn allows you to switch against Ground-types, but Mew is supposed to check Grounds anyway so Volt Switch is better, as it can chip Heatran for more and hit Gyarados super-effectively. The EVs give it physical bulk to take on Zygarde, Medicham, Landorus and many more physical attackers, with its Speed stat reaching 288, outspeeding unboosted Gyarados. I didn't see the need for outspeeding Zygarde so a slow Volt Switch on that is appreciated.

Conclusion

Most of this team are mons that I've barely touched before so it was a refreshing experience. It is Hyper Offense so don't expect to have reliable switchins to stuff like Greninja. Other threats include: Volcarona, Heatran, Magearna, Keldeo.
Here's a replay to show how this team works (vs FLCL Offense): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-636621114

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Facade

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Magearna @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 HP / 32 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
Hey man really liek the team, just remember u get bopped by zard x if lando dies. U also dont need happiness changes on those mons without frustration.maro also does a good deal to this team cuz of his typing and ability. Also, since u dont have a scarfer u get bopped by setup in general, maybe replace lando for clefable and then z fightinium mag, or if u want dd still electrium cuz u have koko. All the advice i have for now, best team ive seen in these rmt rates for a while, will definitely ty this out.

Hey man really liek the team, just remember u get bopped by zard x if lando dies. U also dont need happiness changes on those mons without frustration.maro also does a good deal to this team cuz of his typing and ability. Also, since u dont have a scarfer u get bopped by setup in general, maybe replace lando for clefable and then z fightinium mag, or if u want dd still electrium cuz u have koko. All the advice i have for now, best team ive seen in these rmt rates for a while, will definitely ty this out.
Thanks for the rate man. Here are my thoughts:
  • The happiness is just a PS thing. It defaults 0 to all mons, unless something else has Return so whatever.
  • While my Fire resist doesn't exist, Zard-X can't really set up on anything, maybe Mew. The best way to deal with it is wear it down with recoil and revenge killing. Not the most optimal but it's HO, what do you expect? Marowak only exists on Trick Room anyway, but this team does have a bad matchup overall against TR so I'll be looking into that in some time. Both are pretty uncommon so it's less of a concern, so yeah.
  • Clefable is very hard to fit on the build since Tangrowth and Venusaur will just sit there for free. Z Lando at least provide a fighting chance if used on the right turn. Fightinium Z Mag is definately a viable option, will be testing that when I have free time.
Finally, the way to stop set up is to not let them set up at all, which they have the potential to do. I might reconsider the Mag slot though. Everything still comes down to a 6v6 game and the players' mindsets. Thanks again, hope you have fun playing :]

Hello, Jaded Jellicent! I really like you're team! VoltTurn has always been a favorite style of mine (along with stall, but we don't talk about that one). You're team is pretty solid overall, but there are some little nitpicks that I think could help a lot:

- First, I would change the Magearna set to Assault Vest. Shift Gear is a sick sweeper set that's a lot of fun, but especially considering you have a momentum sap in Mew on such a fast-paced, momentum based team, you need something to compensate. Mew gives stuff like Ash-Greninja free switch-ins. Non-Av Magearna cannot effectively deal with repeated Ash-Greninja switch-ins. I'm aware that you at the end stated that it's hyper offense and you want to handle threats by killing them, but you can't do that if you have Pokemon like Mew giving them free turns every time it comes in to check something.
Magearna @ Assault Vest
Calm Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

- Next, I think you should change the Mew set to the normal defensive pivot set. Wil-o-Wisp is what makes Mew scary in the first place. Without it, no physical attackers are going to switch. Also, you should raise the speed tier of Mew back to the normal Zygarde creep. Again, Zygarde will not fear Mew at all if it outspeeds and you don't have Wil-o-Wisp. Zygarde actually does a pretty good chunk to Mew (assuming choice band), so if the Zygarde player knows that he can easily pressure your Mew with hazards + Zygarde, you are put in a much worse position (especially since Mew is your only form of hazard removal). Volt Switch and slow-creeping may seem cool, but it takes away some of Mew's most important niches.
Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 156 Def / 112 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

- Now, Facade is a really cool last move on Mega Lopunny that I have never seen before, but I think, especially with your lack of speed in a scarfer, you should change Facade to Quick Attack. This will give you ample amounts of priority to deal with setup sweepers and other fast threats and scarfers. Also, with the amount of pivoting and times you force the opponent to switch into stealth rocks, it can allow Mega Lopunny to pick off threats like Choice Scarf Keldeo much easier (which happens to be a threat for your team as you stated). In addition, Facade will rarely come in handy anyways as you typically don't want Mega Lopunny to ever take a burn or get poisoned, one hinders it to only Facade, one chips it too much.

- Something a little smaller, I think that Greninja's fourth move should be just Spikes, not U-Turn as an option. Reason being you now have sufficient pivots for Greninja, so you don't need to U-Turn till the world ends with it, and the addition of Spikes and repeated pivoting via VoltTurn is really difficult to handle for a lot of teams. It can also encourage your opponent to Defog, which in some cases, is very beneficial to you. Spikes also help Mega Lopunny a lot with late game cleaning.

All in all, it's a pretty solid team. Good luck and I hope my suggestions were helpful! n_n
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Quick Attack

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

Hello, Jaded Jellicent! I really like you're team! VoltTurn has always been a favorite style of mine (along with stall, but we don't talk about that one). You're team is pretty solid overall, but there are some little nitpicks that I think could help a lot:

- First, I would change the Magearna set to Assault Vest. Shift Gear is a sick sweeper set that's a lot of fun, but especially considering you have a momentum sap in Mew on such a fast-paced, momentum based team, you need something to compensate. Mew gives stuff like Ash-Greninja free switch-ins. Non-Av Magearna cannot effectively deal with repeated Ash-Greninja switch-ins. I'm aware that you at the end stated that it's hyper offense and you want to handle threats by killing them, but you can't do that if you have Pokemon like Mew giving them free turns every time it comes in to check something.
Magearna @ Assault Vest
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

- Next, I think you should change the Mew set to the normal defensive pivot set. Wil-o-Wisp is what makes Mew scary in the first place. Without it, no physical attackers are going to switch. Also, you should raise the speed tier of Mew back to the normal Zygarde creep. Again, Zygarde will not fear Mew at all if it outspeeds and you don't have Wil-o-Wisp. Zygarde actually does a pretty good chunk to Mew (assuming choice band), so if the Zygarde player knows that he can easily pressure your Mew with hazards + Zygarde, you are put in a much worse position (especially since Mew is your only form of hazard removal). Volt Switch and slow-creeping may seem cool, but it takes away some of Mew's most important niches.
Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog

- Now, Facade is a really cool last move on Mega Lopunny that I have never seen before, but I think, especially with your lack of speed in a scarfer, you should change Facade to Quick Attack. This will give you ample amounts of priority to deal with setup sweepers and other fast threats and scarfers. Also, with the amount of pivoting and times you force the opponent to switch into stealth rocks, it can allow Mega Lopunny to pick off threats like Choice Scarf Keldeo much easier (which happens to be a threat for your team as you stated). In addition, Facade will rarely come in handy anyways as you typically don't want Mega Lopunny to ever take a burn or get poisoned, one hinders it to only Facade, one chips it too much.

- Something a little smaller, I think that Greninja's fourth move should be just Spikes, not U-Turn as an option. Reason being you now have sufficient pivots for Greninja, so you don't need to U-Turn till the world ends with it, and the addition of Spikes and repeated pivoting via VoltTurn is really difficult to handle for a lot of teams. It can also encourage your opponent to Defog, which in some cases, is very beneficial to you. Spikes also help Mega Lopunny a lot with late game cleaning.

All in all, it's a pretty solid team. Good luck and I hope my suggestions were helpful! n_n
Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Quick Attack

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dazzling Gleam

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

Mew @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Defog
Thanks for suggestions. I can agree with your points. AV Magearna was on a previous version of this team, I just took it off since I wanted to experiment with something I haven't tried before. It'll help with pivoting into Latios, Lele and Gren. About Quick Attack, I do get your concern over Keldeo, and am debating it over Facade. I guess Ash-Gren + Koko is enough to pressure opposing Mew so I can justify that. And finally, the Mew set is really up to the player. With Ice Beam, Mew can threaten Zygarde and other physical mons enough into range of priority or switching, that was my initial thought. Options for the last slot can be Will-o-wisp, Earth Power or VoltTurn. I guess I'm just paranoid about Heatran as I preached months ago that Heatran is the best mon. (On the Greninja switchin, predict and Volt Switch on dat ass LOLOLOLOL)
Spikes Gren is the only one I'd use. U-turn is bad.

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Hey JadedJellicent nice team. I have to start off by saying I really like the rate done earlier by VictiniSwag. The only thing I really want to do with this post is suggest a few slight changes that I would make to get the team functioning a bit better.

Yeah I agree to drop the U-Turn slash on the Greninja set, it's just not a good option, but as long as you're not running it it shouldn't be a huge issue. I also really like Wisp on Mew as it gives you a way to cripple threats like opposing M-Lopunny and M-Medi long term. But feel free to keep running a momentum grabbing move if you wish, I'm not going to fight you on that.

• The M-Lopunny set isn't my favorite. If you're going to run it without Encore + PuP I really like using Ice Punch as a way to partially check some stuff like Lando-T. It's just nice coverage to have. I want to suggest
    Fake Out / High Jump Kick / Ice Punch / Return (or Facade if you want to go that route). It's a pretty standard set, definitely worth a try.

• I'm also a really big fan of AV Magearna. The only issues I have with this is another set issue. Opposing Magearna, specifically the double dance set with SG + CM is potentially dangerous for the team as it simply boosts past your Magearna as you uselessly click Flash Cannon (You come in on the SG, then it starts boosting in your face), which is why I'd like to suggest
    Iron Head>Flash Cannon. It's a small change, but it should help really improve on one of the worst match ups for this team. You will have to run a slower Magearna, but it's a small price to pay for the match up improvement, and it allows for things like slow Volt Switches against Celesteela which can be cool to play around. Also the SpA investment isn't really needed at this point in the meta. I'd really suggest a spread of 248 Hp / 8 SpA / 252 SpDef Sassy nature.

0 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Magearna: 64-76 (21.2 - 25.2%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO

0 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. +2 0 HP / 4 SpD Magearna: 49-58 (16.2 - 19.2%) -- possible 6HKO

0 Atk Magearna Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 75-88 (24.9 - 29.2%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

That's all I really had on the team. I'm sure as this RMT has been up for a little over a week you're already working on a new team as you post great teams pretty consistently; I just wanted to give a little extra help. Keep up the great work, and if you have any questions or concerns let me know! Have fun with the team, and building your next!

Don't use fake out please. It becomes such a threat with PuP now! Loup would be such a good mon on that team if you used PuP. Really that's all I have to say, looks like a really good team.

Hey JadedJellicent nice team. I have to start off by saying I really like the rate done earlier by VictiniSwag. The only thing I really want to do with this post is suggest a few slight changes that I would make to get the team functioning a bit better.

Yeah I agree to drop the U-Turn slash on the Greninja set, it's just not a good option, but as long as you're not running it it shouldn't be a huge issue. I also really like Wisp on Mew as it gives you a way to cripple threats like opposing M-Lopunny and M-Medi long term. But feel free to keep running a momentum grabbing move if you wish, I'm not going to fight you on that.

• The M-Lopunny set isn't my favorite. If you're going to run it without Encore + PuP I really like using Ice Punch as a way to partially check some stuff like Lando-T. It's just nice coverage to have. I want to suggest
    Fake Out / High Jump Kick / Ice Punch / Return (or Facade if you want to go that route). It's a pretty standard set, definitely worth a try.

• I'm also a really big fan of AV Magearna. The only issues I have with this is another set issue. Opposing Magearna, specifically the double dance set with SG + CM is potentially dangerous for the team as it simply boosts past your Magearna as you uselessly click Flash Cannon (You come in on the SG, then it starts boosting in your face), which is why I'd like to suggest
    Iron Head>Flash Cannon. It's a small change, but it should help really improve on one of the worst match ups for this team. You will have to run a slower Magearna, but it's a small price to pay for the match up improvement, and it allows for things like slow Volt Switches against Celesteela which can be cool to play around. Also the SpA investment isn't really needed at this point in the meta. I'd really suggest a spread of 248 Hp / 8 SpA / 252 SpDef Sassy nature.

0 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Magearna: 64-76 (21.2 - 25.2%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO

0 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. +2 0 HP / 4 SpD Magearna: 49-58 (16.2 - 19.2%) -- possible 6HKO

0 Atk Magearna Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 75-88 (24.9 - 29.2%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO
That's all I really had on the team. I'm sure as this RMT has been up for a little over a week you're already working on a new team as you post great teams pretty consistently; I just wanted to give a little extra help. Keep up the great work, and if you have any questions or concerns let me know! Have fun with the team, and building your next!
Don't use fake out please. It becomes such a threat with PuP now! Loup would be such a good mon on that team if you used PuP. Really that's all I have to say, looks like a really good team.
Mega Lop is something I have never experimented with in ORAS so I'm open to suggestions here. Ice Punch, while being outclassed by PuP in SM, is still a decent option as this team has a fair weakness to Grounds. I don't get the appeal of Encore but whatever, PuP + Return/Facade still does the same thing to Mew anyway and Toxapex is just stupid. But I've seen the appeal of Iron Head Magearna (learned that the hard way lol). It jsut makes me sad that Magearna and Keldeo are forced to run dumb shit to check the setup threats. Thank you to you both for your suggestions.

Mega Lop is something I have never experimented with in ORAS so I'm open to suggestions here. Ice Punch, while being outclassed by PuP in SM, is still a decent option as this team has a fair weakness to Grounds. I don't get the appeal of Encore but whatever, PuP + Return/Facade still does the same thing to Mew anyway and Toxapex is just stupid. But I've seen the appeal of Iron Head Magearna (learned that the hard way lol). It jsut makes me sad that Magearna and Keldeo are forced to run dumb shit to check the setup threats. Thank you to you both for your suggestions.
I agree with you on the encore bit, but I just think that PuP is really good! It makes Mloup such a threat, and mixed with Facade + Status you can Ohko tons of threats at +1. Encore is meh and overrated imo, but PuP is just so underrated.

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hey good job JadedJellicent!
You obviously put a lot of work in your team and it is obviously pretty solid, therefore I'll only focus on minor changes like other people did before:

-AV magearna with iron head is mandatory in your team, since you cannot use mew without AV tangrowth or AV magearna (greninja ash and koko have free switchin on mew). Iron head allows you to beat opposing Shift Gear magearna which is the biggest threat to a team involving locked Dazz, locked Darkpulse, and mew.
-I would highly recommend you using Psychic > ice beam on mew: venusaur literally 6-0's your teams when Z fly is gone (and anyway landorus takes almost 50% on the switch). If you want toxapex not to set up T spikes on mew, psychic is the best idea too, and it allows you to do heavy damage to lopunny mega, diancie. pairing it with wow makes mew scary. Tho I loved that volt switch vs flcl offense, still I don't think a decent player will let mew click voltswitch but rather hit it hard and force it to roost, so I'm not sure mew loves clicking voltswitch instead of healing or burning.
-Facade can definitely help you breaking past mew, which hard stops landorus by taking all his hits, defogging and burning it. With the facade lure you allow landorus to get his rocks and fire a Z fly off, tho facade is pointless vs teams involving celesteela mega scizor or skarmory. As Lugia Proto said, PuP is awesome because it turns the balance matchup from impossible to relatively easy! Specs spam might indeed fail vs teams involving landorus and tangrowth, which are the team that struggle vs PuP Lop.

Great team man, good luck to you and see you in your next RMT! :)

Hey good job JadedJellicent!
You obviously put a lot of work in your team and it is obviously pretty solid, therefore I'll only focus on minor changes like other people did before:

-AV magearna with iron head is mandatory in your team, since you cannot use mew without AV tangrowth or AV magearna (greninja ash and koko have free switchin on mew). Iron head allows you to beat opposing Shift Gear magearna which is the biggest threat to a team involving locked Dazz, locked Darkpulse, and mew.
-I would highly recommend you using Psychic > ice beam on mew: venusaur literally 6-0's your teams when Z fly is gone (and anyway landorus takes almost 50% on the switch). If you want toxapex not to set up T spikes on mew, psychic is the best idea too, and it allows you to do heavy damage to lopunny mega, diancie. pairing it with wow makes mew scary. Tho I loved that volt switch vs flcl offense, still I don't think a decent player will let mew click voltswitch but rather hit it hard and force it to roost, so I'm not sure mew loves clicking voltswitch instead of healing or burning.
-Facade can definitely help you breaking past mew, which hard stops landorus by taking all his hits, defogging and burning it. With the facade lure you allow landorus to get his rocks and fire a Z fly off, tho facade is pointless vs teams involving celesteela mega scizor or skarmory. As Lugia Proto said, PuP is awesome because it turns the balance matchup from impossible to relatively easy! Specs spam might indeed fail vs teams involving landorus and tangrowth, which are the team that struggle vs PuP Lop.

Great team man, good luck to you and see you in your next RMT! :)
Thanks for the rate man. This team is kinda been here for a long time so I might have forgot to edit the original post. But yes I can agree with Iron Head on Mag and PuP on Lopunny. Idk about Psychic on Mew though since it's relatively weak even for super-effective hits, but it has the ability to pressure and stall out recovery on Venu and Pex. The Volt Switch on Mew was just some random shit I put on there for fun lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)