SM RU Sozin's Comet. Rate my RU Sun Team!

Before I get started, I want to mention that my parameters were gens 1-3 with no legendaries. I never had a DS so Emerald was the newest game I played. I don't know any Pokemon after that, so I didn't want to use them. That doesn't hold this team back though!

torkoal.jpg

Master Oogway (Torkoal) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

ROLE: Sun Setter, Lead, Hazards
This guy is my primary lead. Can set up stealth rocks as well as toxic their lead. Rapid spin can remove enemy hazards as you set up yours. Lava plume is honestly kind of useless. Just a nice spammable ability.

ninetales.jpg

Kurama (Ninetales) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]

ROLE: Sun Setter, Special Sweeper
Ahhh Ninetales, I primarily hold her in reserves and use her as my final sweeper. Heat Rock allows versatility with your team as you have two Drought setters with 8 turns of sun. It really helps Victreebel's Chlorophyll sweeping and Arcanine's Morning Sun. Can wall break Pokemon like Florges with Nasty Plot.

victreebel2.jpg

Victory Bell (Victreebel) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Sleep Powder

ROLE: Chlorophyll Special Sweeper
This Pokemon is really underrated. Obviously Venusaur is probably stronger, but I love Victreebel and he's faster. Sleep powder can stop a choiced a Noivern and the versatile move-set will get past just about anything. Almost nothing out speeds this guy in the sun. Just be wary of First Impression.

arcanine.jpg

Sadaharu (Arcanine) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Morning Sun

ROLE: Fire Sweeper
Arcanine is the most versatile member of the team. You can set him up as a phaser with Roar and Leftovers, or, as I usually use him, as this bulky wall breaker. Morning Sun offsets the damage from recoil, Extreme Speed helps revenge kill fast Pokemon, and Electrium Z helps kill bulky waters like Mega Blastoise and Milotic.

mega banette.png

Bucciarati (Banette) @ Banettite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

ROLE: Offense, Revenge, Removing Sweepers
Banette is a fun Pokemon to use in my opinion. His set is very versatile as well. Prankster will give priority to Taunt, Destiny Bond, and Will-o-wisp. I love running destiny bond to kill tricky Pokemon I normally would have trouble with. I usually run two attacking moves to supplement that. Shadow Claw feels like a must. Other moves I use are Shadow Sneak, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, and Gunk Shot.

cloyster.png

Clammander (Cloyster) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Explosion

ROLE: Shell Smash Sweeper
Man, I LOVE CLoyster. She seems kind of odd on this team, but I was surprised with how well she worked. Skill Link is perfect for taking down Pokemon with Sturdy or Focus Sash. The current team struggles with Dragon, Fire, Ground, and Flying. Cloyster can cover those weakness with Icicle Spear and Rock Blast. Focus Sash helps me set up into Volt Switch users such as Galvantula and Mega Ampharos. Explosion is sort of my pseudo Destiny Bond or last ditch effort wall break. I usually don't bring out the Clammander until later when I've knocked out half of my opponent's Pokemon or when I sneak her in before my opponent tries to re-set their hazards.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)