Smogon University PO Statistics — April 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunter

Banned deucer.
CB TTar can OHKO Sigilyph even after the burn: Tyranitar@Choice Band (252 EVs, +Nature) Stone Edge vs Shinboraa (252/0 EVs, Neutral Nature): 95,4 ~ 112,6% (332 ~ 392 HP). The problem for the TTar user is that Sigilyph can easily set up a cosmic power on the turn TTar comes in, burn before it attacks and stall it out with roost. Actually, the Sigilyph user can aslo predict the switch in, burn TTar on the turn it comes in and then proceed to stall it out of SE pp with roost. Either way TTar is gonna lose unless Sigiliph has already taken some prior damage or TTar is the curse\rest variant.

I find it funny that a few people claim the metagame is "diverse" and "balanced" now, but if you look, sand clearly dominates OU. Out of the top 10 OU Pokemon, only Latios and Rotom-W would feel even a little out of place on a sand team.

On another note, I'm pleasantly surprised that Blaziken is holding his own in Ubers, ranking 12th place. That's no 4th gen Garchomp, but it's decent for a former UU.

Also, when are we going to get CAP usage stats?

Just because the top Pokemon are good in Sand, doesn't mean they're exclusive to it. Ferrothorn, for one, saw most of his hype come from being a good Outrage-blocker and for Rain covering his biggest weakness.

That's true, but consider the fact that Tyranitar is #2 and only a small amount behind Ferrothorn. Tyranitar sets up sand. Meanwhile, Excadrill, #7, is defined by sand, which activates his ability. Maybe I read the usage list wrong when it comes to sand dominating, but I still say that it's a hugs force in the metagame.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Nobody is denying that sand is a huge force in the metagame but it's neither overcentralizing as somebody wants us to believe.

And ttar, the second most used poke, punishes chandelure so badly it's not even funny. It not only can't really do anything, it dies if it tries to run.

If it gets raped by the #2 poke, it isn't an anti metagame poke.
Behind a Sub TTar can't do much against it. Unless they're Scarfed and using Pursuit, Chandelure always wins. It doesn't even has to predict, just Sub on the switch and you have two awesome STABs and HP Fightning to work with.

It can 2HKO or OHKO the top 13 Pokemon, while directly countering three of them (Ferro, Scizor, Body Slam Jirachi). It can't switch in much, but they also won't be walling Chandelure too often.

The set I use is the following:
Chandelure @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
48 HP, 252 SpA, 208 Spe

Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
HP[Fightning]
Substitute

Outspeeds Jirachi and Bulky DDos, enough power to safely 2HKO any TTar. Only Garchomp can survive two Shadow Ball if it doesn't switch into Spikes (it deals 50% average to min/min Garchomp).
Also outspeeds standard Rotom formes and 2HKOes them.

Porygon2 counters it, but it isn't a serious threat.

Sand is weird. I dont think my Ttar team can be called a sand team you guys think off. It hardly used any Sand abuser.

In other words i only think the only dominant weather abuse team is rain since Ttar is a good pokemon outside of Sand abuse partner. And YES the metagame IS diverse

Something is wrong when all three weather and weatherless and Toxicroak out of all things being OU

Sand is weird. I dont think my Ttar team can be called a sand team you guys think off. It hardly used any Sand abuser.

In other words i only think the only dominant weather abuse team is rain since Ttar is a good pokemon outside of Sand abuse partner. And YES the metagame IS diverse

Something is wrong when all three weather and weatherless and Toxicroak out of all things being OU
Why is Toxicroak being OU a sign of something wrong?

Can someone explain to me all the rotom-w usage? I found that pretty surprising that it was beating out other bulky waters so much... I understand that the electric neutrality and spikes/toxic spikes/earthquake immunity can be useful... but that in exchange for bulk, reliable recovery, access to scald/surf? Why is rotom-w beating vaporeon, slowbro, jellicent or even milotic? I guess I see why it's used over swampert, suicune or quagsire though.

And politoed is obviously its own category.

Toxicroak being OU is a sign taht the metagame is diverse enough to be called diverse.

Sand is dominant since

1. Many unexperienced player think Dory is OMGBROKENMUSTBAN poke.

2. Dory is pretty consistent on other side

3. Sand team is stable

3. Ttar itself is great. Its not rare to find 5 no sand abuser + Tar team

4. Garchomp is the main problem

SO far i hold on this tbh

Seriously sand is far from dominating(and tbh this is stupid). Sand so far only act as supporting essence to held rain on its stead to many player and as offensive weather(dory landlos) to some. And we all know stopping dory is easy as fuck.

I mean being HIGH in USAGE doesnt instantly translate into DOMINATING force. Because to me Sand is more on Stable side to Rain's Unstable Chaotic side

I've burned a T-Tar and got OHKO'd right after.
Saying Tyranitar counters Sigilyph is like saying Gliscor counters Lucario with Ice Punch. It cant switch in and win but it will win one on one. With Cosmic Power and a burn on Tar Sigilyph will be able to take it on fairly well, although youll need at least 2 up before it comes in to comfortably set up. If its the standard Tyranitar, it has absolutely no chance against you, in fact the only Tar that can actually counter it is a SpecsTar.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Can someone explain to me all the rotom-w usage? ..........
I find it kinda annoying that the rotoms weren't given access to STAB TM moves like scald and flamethrower. I'd like to know this too. Slowbro is amazing in the current meta. He can roast ferrothorn with fire blast, blast conkeldurr with psychic and NEVER DIES.

Milotic is great too. Insane physical bulk with marvel scale, and dragon tail works well with spikes (which are eyerywhere.)

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the problems still rain and the support it offers. if you want to beat for example a team of politoed/ferrothorn/thunda/latias/garchomp/rot-w, then to me it seems that you NEED a weather inducer. then theres also the likes of scizor, tornadus, dragonite and toxicroak, roaming around as well that youve got to contend with.

When you add the usage of defensive Rotom-W that people use to combat a variety of threats to the usage of offensive Rotom-W that many rain teams use, I'm not surprised that it gets put above other bulky waters - because it can be used for multiple purposes!

I find it kinda annoying that the rotoms weren't given access to STAB TM moves like scald and flamethrower. I'd like to know this too. Slowbro is amazing in the current meta. He can roast ferrothorn with fire blast, blast conkeldurr with psychic and NEVER DIES.

Milotic is great too. Insane physical bulk with marvel scale, and dragon tail works well with spikes (which are eyerywhere.)
Is it just me or does nobody run spinners anymore?

Is it just me or does nobody run spinners anymore?
With the prevalence of ferrothorn in the metagame, who has super effective moves agains many common spiners, such as starmie, tentacruel and donphan, in addition to iron barbs, who would want to pack a spinner? I bet if there was a special version of rapid spin, rapid spinning would become popular once again.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
CB TTar can OHKO Sigilyph even after the burn: Tyranitar@Choice Band (252 EVs, +Nature) Stone Edge vs Shinboraa (252/0 EVs, Neutral Nature): 95,4 ~ 112,6% (332 ~ 392 HP). The problem for the TTar user is that Sigilyph can easily set up a cosmic power on the turn TTar comes in, burn before it attacks and stall it out with roost. Actually, the Sigilyph user can aslo predict the switch in, burn TTar on the turn it comes in and then proceed to stall it out of SE pp with roost. Either way TTar is gonna lose unless Sigiliph has already taken some prior damage or TTar is the curse\rest variant.
It's worth noting that even if TTar switches in on a Sigi whose plus six in both defenses, the likelihood that one of his Stone Edge's will crit is around 57%, so Roost stalling isn't as effective as you would think. It's honestly a strategy that is begging to get haxed. And yes, that number does take into account SE's accuracy. With a crit taking into effect, TTar doesn't even have to be banded to get the KO.

With the prevalence of ferrothorn in the metagame, who has super effective moves agains many common spiners, such as starmie, tentacruel and donphan, in addition to iron barbs, who would want to pack a spinner? I bet if there was a special version of rapid spin, rapid spinning would become popular once again.

You also have to consider the complications of setting up hazards nowadays. You send out Forretress to set up spikes, and Roobushin, Garchomp, Rankurusu, etc. come in to set up on you like you're their property. Not that setting up-hazards and preparing for them (carying a spinner) is a bad thing, but in a game dominated by massive powerhouses and bulky set-up sweepers, it's alot more risky and painstaking to chose safety and hopeful switch-ins than sweepers and power.

I find it odd that Blissey is ranked higher than Chansey, in Standard OU. I for one have seen a lot more Chanseys than Blisseys, I know Chansey doesn't get the heal from leftovers but with soft boil and it's massive HP it doesn't need it.

haunter

Banned deucer.
It's worth noting that even if TTar switches in on a Sigi whose plus six in both defenses, the likelihood that one of his Stone Edge's will crit is around 57%, so Roost stalling isn't as effective as you would think. It's honestly a strategy that is begging to get haxed. And yes, that number does take into account SE's accuracy. With a crit taking into effect, TTar doesn't even have to be banded to get the KO.
You need the CB or you won't ko even with a crit if Sigi is roosting (considering that it's faster than any non scarf TTar).

Wasting my 1.5k post to question why in the hell Blissey is being used twice as much as Eviolite Chansey when Chansey is a heck of a lot better (being able to use special attacks isn't THAT big of a deal imo).

And thank you very much for the stats Rising_Duck :).
Eviolite Chansey gains roughly 31 points of Defence over Blissey, with less Hp. On a single turn basis this is actually enough to make Chansey better than Blissey; however, on a multi-turn basis with Leftovers factored in for Blissey, Blissey becomes equal to Chansey on the second turn, and surpasses it on the third.

Pokemon tend to spend an average of 2 turns on the field at any time.
The way I see it, these are stall Pokemon, they're in it for the long-haul, and if after only three turns Blissey surpasses Chansey, that in my view makes it better. If you want a 1-turn wall, be my guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)