Smogon Premier League VIII - Commencemeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
where are all the spreadsheets anyway, I don't have the cumulative records one on-hand and keep having to dig through my browser history to find the other two (schedulesheet and current season standings) cuz nobody on this website knows how to actually use hyperlinks
I've been trying my best to avoid participating in this low quality post chain but I do feel the need to point out that the schedule and the current season standings are linked at the top of the thread every week, meaning you just called everyone out for not being able to use hyperlinks when you yourself are unable to click hyperlinks that were indeed used. I'm sure it's the RNG's fault though.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
that's because they're inconspicuously centered beneath the banner logo and not left-aligned with the bulk of the post but thanks Esteemed (BAN ME PLEASE)

and mah boi dunk

So many teams could have used me, especially the Sharks. Sad! I know this tournament. I've played in this tournament. It is a hard tournament. But I win. I am a winner, I have won tournaments for a long time. Playoffs in 2 of 3 seasons. I want to make the Sharks great again, you heard me, make the Sharks great again.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So many teams could have used me, especially the Sharks. Sad! I know this tournament. I've played in this tournament. It is a hard tournament. But I win. I am a winner, I have won tournaments for a long time. Playoffs in 2 of 3 seasons. I want to make the Sharks great again, you heard me, make the Sharks great again.

edit for the unaware: Energy's SPL debut

Updated Kanto

Banned deucer.

Don't worry sharks could've gotten you but then they wouldn't have gotten me. I'll show my stuff and make los sharks great again starting this week, if I don't I'll eat a lunchables on stream.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
"inability of getting into SPL" -> I played 4 of 6 iterations I singed up for, despite never trying out or asking a manager to pick me. I even told managers not to pick me, because I can't promise that I will be active.

"laughably wanting a td spot" -> Considering the massive amount of people who approached me regarding that, I doubt that it was "laughably". Unless you say it's laughably to expect getting something on this site, without sucking the relevant people's dick. Then you're right

"7-14 record" -> should be 11-13 taking games played and WCoP III into account. Still not good, but better than a 9-0 with MoP telling me what to do every turn. But it's always funny when people who don't even have a positive head to head record against me in tournament matches want to tell me how much better they are.

But nice to see I've touched a nerve. If Omfuga publicy calls out other managers ahead of SPL, he should make sure that his own team actually is succesfull. Seeing him as a teammate in SPL 6 and after what happened to Afrabs in WCoP it was obvious that this won't work out anyways
You're a hot guy who lost his virginity at the tender age of 13yo. Why waste your time bickering with some 20yo something troll that looks like a sewage rat that spends all his waking minutes masturbating to hentai girls because nothing with a vagina would ever come near him?

I like that new train Germany just produces. Looks hot.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Lmao some team coulda snatched up Yung SPLord for an easy 4K and got literally free wins in at least 3 tiers but alas. I didn't sign up midseason cuz big money falcons was a sinking ship. Well y'all loss, all these juicy posts and lordsquads goin out for free when they coulda been EXCLUSIVELY URS hngggggg salty! Shame! Sad! My 3peat ;(

also i respect women a quality thats very valuable on any team

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Pretty sure StoneCold and BKC were like 2-7 their first season. Every greek hero has their dramatic fall.
Also, I beat mostwanted in playoffs the next week, that was week 9 and my team had already lost. I'm 7-4 or 6-4 all time. tsk tsk
You said you changed your nickname because you wanted to escape the stigma associated with Laurel. Yet you still post like a Laurel. How does that make any sense?

It'd be like my saying I'm gonna stop being gay, yet I still caress my best friend's buttocks and pinch his nipples when I had him drunk and past out on my couch.

Been sitting here training in pokemon all day and i get upset. How do ppl still hate on Jsaok when he is obviously the goat and anything he puts his mind to he can achieve. Soooo I decided until WCOP starts I'm going to implement a new challenge to ppl who hate on Jsaok and think he is bad at pokemon. Introducing: The "5 Dollar Fade" challenge. (wow Jsaok) If you think u can beat Jsaok in either a bo3 RBY, DPP, GSC, BW, ORAS, SM OUs only (Shoutouts to lower tiers and also Ubers players. Shoutouts to teal6 and level 56) he will send u 5 dollars, otherwise he don't even want your money. Jsaok also reserves the right to refuse your challenge bc he is a legend -Jsaok

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I did not get drafted in SPL, but I can say with 100% confidence that any team who drafted me midseason to play LC would have got a player who would have gone 5-0 (7-0 if playoffs) after midseason. However, because I did not get drafted, I cannot prove this, so you're just going to have to take my word for it. I also don't have to prove anything, my ego speaks for itself, would you really not trust someone with this much confidence?
Anyway, I may not have been drafted but at least this post might give me a small bit of attention from Pokemon players on line, which will temporarily make up for my unfulfilling life

In honor of Axel10's imminent rebranding as "Axelonlyhas10unbrokenbonesleftinhisbodybecausejimmythrashedhimsobrutally", I present the first scene of

Pocket Mobsters: The Jimmy Turtwig Story

(Act I, Scene I)
Setting:
A marina, deep hours of the night. Two men in trenchcoats stand at the pier's end. Before them is a young man, bound and gagged, tied to a concrete block. JIMMY TURTWIG, a newcomer to this line of work, glances at his senior partner.

KEVIN, known to the FBI as "ROOSTER", "PRAGUE'S FIRE", and, occasionally, "MIRIEL", stares at NJNP contemptuously.

KEVIN
(snidely)
"Heard you were a ghost, kid."

NJNP shakes his head frantically. He jerks his chin forward in a desperate attempt to convey his wish that the duct tape be removed from his mouth.

KEVIN
(smugly)
"And what do we do to ghosts, JIMMY?"

JIMMY TURTWIG
(confused)
"...We use Pursuit?"

KEVIN
(exasperated)
"No, you id- ...Well I mean, it's contextual, really. You really have to read the flow of the game, because sometimes Crunch is better, so you-"

KEVIN shakes his head, recollecting himself. He grins.

KEVIN
"We send them back to the other side."

JIMMY silently mouths "Ah".

NJNP's pleas are muffled. KEVIN chuckles and finally peels off the tape slowly.

NJNP
(panicked)
"Pl-Please! I'll do whatever you want!"

KEVIN
(darkly)
"Sorry, kid. There's only one thing I want from you."

NJNP
(terrified)
"W-Wait! How much did they pay you?!"

KEVIN quirks an eyebrow.

KEVIN
"...Five dollars."

NJNP's eyes widen. He sees a way out.

NJNP
(hopeful)
"Just let me go, and I can pay you TWENTY times-"

KEVIN kicks the block over the edge. NJNP gives a shocked scream, then is dragged over the edge and is silenced forever by the depths.

JIMMY
(sickened)
"...I don't think I have much of a stomach for this sort of thing.

KEVIN
(smiling)
"It's an acquired taste."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)