Smogon Premier League VIII - Commencemeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Tokyo Tom is that user where you know he has a ridiculous number of likes so you say "I'm not gonna like his post, I'm gonna be a hipster bro" and then he posts something so funny that you fall out of your chair because you're laughing and trying to click Like at the same time

Tele

a quality human being
Today we take some time to analyze why the Classiest have failed so bad in this spl and will most likely miss playoffs, despite being ranked 2nd in the preseason power rankings.

- The Ojama's incident: while Ojama's refusal to play for the Classiest certainly did not affect the team's auction plan, it drew the attention of many observers to the team's possible internal conflicts and raised many questions over the manager's very singular personalities.

- Where things started going wrong: the auction. As we take a deep look into the team and the prices of each player, something stands out: the team managers heavily focused on the drafting of old gens players as the picks of Earthworm (28.5k), Ace Matador (16k) and Eo Ut Mortus (13k) clearly show. By contrast, the most the Classiest managers bid on a Sun-Moon player was 7.5k on Lysergic: we can definetely say that was a mistake as SM is by far the most important mg of spl and no team can aim at the trophy without a strong SM base.

- 5-15: as a direct consequence of the above, Classiest combined for the unenviable record of 5 wins and 15 losses in the SM/ORAS spots: no other team has performed worse than they did. Adam (1-2), Lysergic (1-3) and High Impulse (1-2), who were supposed to lead the team in the most recent generation, all performed under expectations for different reasons.

- Conclusion: the presence of Earthworm (3-2), top doubles player Braverius (3-2) and top LC player Heysup (3-2) couldnt balance the poor performances offered by the team's new gen players. It doesn't seem as things will change in the future weeks as the midseason picks of Advantage, z0mOG and GOAO are unlikely to change the Classiest season for the better.

Can you find something new to flame me despite a stupid badge in a forum, I don't even want anymore? This is getting boring. I am seeking entertainment here, which I can't get if you people are not creative when insulting me :/

And no, "You are not in SPL, don't post" isn't any better
but thats also just as accurate
also its pretty hard to come up with creative insults for someone who's literally 100% irrelevant on this site outside of your inability to get into SPL and your past history of laughably wanting a tournament director spot. but i suppose your long history of tournament success such as going 7-14 in spl + wcop speaks for itself

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
but thats also just as accurate
also its pretty hard to come up with creative insults for someone who's literally 100% irrelevant on this site outside of your inability to get into SPL and your past history of laughably wanting a tournament director spot. but i suppose your long history of tournament success such as going 7-14 in spl + wcop speaks for itself
"inability of getting into SPL" -> I played 4 of 6 iterations I singed up for, despite never trying out or asking a manager to pick me. I even told managers not to pick me, because I can't promise that I will be active.

"laughably wanting a td spot" -> Considering the massive amount of people who approached me regarding that, I doubt that it was "laughably". Unless you say it's laughably to expect getting something on this site, without sucking the relevant people's dick. Then you're right

"7-14 record" -> should be 11-13 taking games played and WCoP III into account. Still not good, but better than a 9-0 with MoP telling me what to do every turn. But it's always funny when people who don't even have a positive head to head record against me in tournament matches want to tell me how much better they are.

But nice to see I've touched a nerve. If Omfuga publicy calls out other managers ahead of SPL, he should make sure that his own team actually is succesfull. Seeing him as a teammate in SPL 6 and after what happened to Afrabs in WCoP it was obvious that this won't work out anyways

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
where are all the spreadsheets anyway, I don't have the cumulative records one on-hand and keep having to dig through my browser history to find the other two (schedulesheet and current season standings) cuz nobody on this website knows how to actually use hyperlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)