Smogon Premier League VII - Week 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad0ka

華々しい
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
won vs hack, gg!

also

[15:21:21] +Tobes: so is madoka like one of those little girls who sold their souls to get superpower
[15:21:26] +Tobes: and her superpower is hax

with all my burn spam Tobes musta been feeling left out so he felt like he had to join in on the fun. too bad his tea was colder than my scalds vs fitzy!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Really didn't want it to come to this, but the circumstances call for it and a certain Falcon RBYer has been begging for it given how he's been acting towards my teammates and myself, so the inevitable activity (win request) post is here on behalf of MetalGro$$. I'll preface this by saying sorry to all of my friends on the Falcons - this series in general has been really lame and I wish it could've been cleaner in just about every regard, regardless of how the remaining games go.

On Monday, MetalGross initiated contact with Reyscarface via VM like any other normal match. Here is the VM. It doesn't go in depth with many specifics, but it does state his GMT, his general activity, and when he cannot play. This gives Reyscarface something to actually work with if he had any willingness to actually schedule the match.

On top of that, MetalGross knew he wasn't going to be sure about his weekend activity, so he reached out again to Reyscarface on IRC Tuesday. Here is their IRC conversation. As you can see, Reyscarface has no intention of actually scheduling a match while Metal reaches out to him in an attempt to eventually get the game done. Additionally, Metal went offline shortly after that conversation and then I flashed Reyscarface in #SPL telling him to 'make sure to respond to Metal wen god knows' and he never responded to the VM or initiated contact with Metal throughout the next five days of the week.

Metal really wanted to actually play, unlike his opponent apparently, so he posted yesterday, throwing out a time he would be on today as a last ditch effort to schedule/get the game done and maybe provoke his opponent to actually show interest in getting the game done. Metal was also on IRC everyday this week and on forums everyday this week. It's funny because Reyscarface, too, was very active on IRC, but he shot himself in the foot and ruined any chance of the game getting done by not responding or trying to schedule at all, thus making him earn an activity loss as he made no attempt whatsoever to schedule while his opponent made multiple clear attempts to do so.

Couple other things that I'd like to touch on.

1) This post.

Metalgross said no such PM/interaction/whatever it was that you contacted him over happened - maybe you typed it when he was offline or AFK, but regardless...he could not play then and it was your responsibility to actually try and schedule the match given your prior lack of doing so, so this is completely irrelevant and you should've actually scheduled a time or said times you could've played before last minute if you didn't want to get activity'd - but you didn't.

2) [16:18:12] <reyscarface> he said hed be on all of sunday but i guess his team told him to hide or smth

You're taking his VM as him saying he'll be on all day everyday besides Saturday after 5PM, which is pretty unrealistic and not how things work at all. He basically said he could schedule to play at times that weren't then, if you actually contacted him and schedule in advance. That doesn't mean that you can just show up last minute and be like "we're playing now" when it's Sunday night and he's already gone because you didn't try to schedule when he contacted you multiple times. This seems like common sense and normal scheduling etiquette to me.

So basically, you should've actually tried to schedule the match when you had tons of opportunities to and you didn't. Our guy tried to schedule multiple times and was active almost all week and willing to schedule almost all week. This seems clear-cut to me.

Oh and by the way, any accusations that we were "hiding" Metal today will be taken offensively because he stayed on as long as he could today before it would've been impossible for him to get a whole set in (thirty minutes after he said he would...he could've started a set then, but no later as it would've been too late because of his dinner and he was busy afterwards).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)