Smogon Premier League VII - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fully understand why this could seem suspicious, but was it really necessary to post this on the forums? Njnp has a good heart and enjoys helping out the people he likes. He wanted to see you win. If he was looking to "snake" you, he obviously would've asked if you wanted his help before the game. Regardless of how suspicious his gesture seemed, you could have just confronted him about it instead of passively and aggressively going out of your way to embarrass him. I realize y'all take SPL very seriously, but in the end it's a game and it's not worth being so bitter over.

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
[16:12] Prankster: salut
[16:12] giara: salut
[16:13] Prankster: i wanted to say for that it's worth, keep up the good work in gsc. you're really proving to be a top notch right out of the gate player. consistency is key. even though you lost this week, you played super well vs. a GOAT in the tier. keep it up
[16:14] giara: dw i didnt play that bad i just lost a few important 50/50s
[16:14] giara: which kinda had to happen vs someone like EW
[16:15] Prankster: i know you didn't play bad. i'm just saying keep up the good work! wasn't sure if you were disheartened or anything. just giving credit where it's due, especially since you're doing so well in a pretty locked in gen of players. hope to see you keep pulling in wins

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I fully understand why this could seem suspicious, but was it really necessary to post this on the forums? Njnp has a good heart and enjoys helping out the people he likes. He wanted to see you win. If he was looking to "snake" you, he obviously would've asked if you wanted his help before the game. Regardless of how suspicious his gesture seemed, you could have just confronted him about it instead of passively and aggressively going out of your way to embarrass him. I realize y'all take SPL very seriously, but in the end it's a game and it's not worth being so bitter over.
chill, that was a joke, you're the one being embarassing and taking it too seriously

chill, that was a joke, you're the one being embarassing and taking it too seriously
Well if causing a large portion of players to think njnp is a "snake" is funny to you, there's an issue there in and of itself. But seriously, a joke like that should be avoided because it can hurt someone's feelings and/or cause others to look at them differently which in this case, it certainly did

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well if causing a large portion of players to think njnp is a "snake" is funny to you, there's an issue there in and of itself. But seriously, a joke like that should be avoided because it can hurt someone's feelings and/or cause others to look at them differently which in this case, it certainly did
I still don't care if it wasnt clear enough.
I mean, I fucking posted a skype emoticone, did that look serious to you, calm the hell down and quit monopolizing a tournament's thread.
It's not like it's even realistic to assume that I'd have gave my team to the first random pm'ing me on PS! so really, you made a big deal out of nothing.

NPNJ is the best player there is and his friend mattbrolly is a god at ORAS, if you dont pick them up you're missing on something big time!
I hope that makes you happy and closes this senseless arguing.

I still don't care if it wasnt clear enough.
I mean, I fucking posted a skype emoticone, did that look serious to you, calm the hell down and quit monopolizing a tournament's thread.
It's not like it's even realistic to assume that I'd have gave my team to the first random pm'ing me on PS! so really, you made a big deal out of nothing.

NPNJ is the best player there is and his friend mattbrolly is a god at ORAS, if you dont pick them up you're missing on something big time!
I hope that makes you happy and closes this senseless arguing.
Alright, man. I apologize for causing a stink here on the forums because these types of arguments are one of the aspects of Smogon that I don't like. However, njnp is my friend and your post caused him a lot more harm than you (may have) intended for it to; which is why I suggest that you avoid making jokes like that from here on out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)