Smogon Fantasy Basketball '16-'17

Here we go again!

Keeper league is up and running, and, in what seems to be a new record, everyone from last year is back and already confirmed. We can potentially add two new teams since we are currently 10, so if anyone is interested just let me know or post here.

If anyone else is going to run a standard league, post it here as well.

Keeper League:

As a refresher for the keeper league, here are the keeper rules:
  1. Up to three players can be kept
  2. Keeping a player means giving up a draft round equal to the round the players was drafted last year (in our league) + 1.
    Example: John Wall was drafted 6th last year. Team X can keep him by giving up the 5th round pick this year.
  3. If keeping two or more players and they make it so that the same
    draft round is forfeited, then the additional player can be kept by
    giving up an additional higher round (so +2 for two, +3 for three...)
    Example: John Wall and Kyle Lowry were drafted in round 6 last year.
    Team X owns them both. They can be both kept by giving up the 5th round
    pick and 4th round pick this year.
  4. However, if two or more players make it so that the first round is forfeited, only one of them can be kept.
    Example: Team X has both Lebron James and Kevin Durant, which were
    drafted in the first round last year. Only one of them can be kept this
    year.
  5. A player can be kept by the same team for up to 2 years. If the
    players was a first round pick the year before, that player can only be
    kept 1 year (giving up the first round pick for the year being kept).
    Example: Team X drafted Lebron James last year in the 1st round. He can
    be kept again by giving up the first round pick, but cannot be kept next
    year by Team X.
  6. Any player kept that was not drafted the year before counts as giving up the very last pick.

I am considering adding the following: Any players added to a roster AFTER the trade deadline cannot be considered as a keeper for next season.

Keeper selection deadline: Thursday, October 20
Draft time: Saturday, October 22nd, 8PM EST (-4 GMT)

You can check previous year draft results here.

Keeper league is up and running, and, in what seems to be a new record, everyone from last year is back and already confirmed.
Not quite, Yahoo changed it to where everyone is automatically renewed once the league itself is renewed. Dumb af but might wanna try to confirm that everyone from last year is staying because we had a few inactives iirc.

Not quite, Yahoo changed it to where everyone is automatically renewed once the league itself is renewed. Dumb af but might wanna try to confirm that everyone from last year is staying because we had a few inactives iirc.
Woah, thanks for letting me know. Will be contacting everyone then.

Ok, so I'm missing confirmation from three teams:

MAVERICKS - darkie ?
Papaeeeee Champs - Lakers ?
Slot Available - TPO3 ?

I think I got the users right. I'll wait until the weekend to see if they return.

trikx_insane and cbt, yeah you can participate. Let me get the previous teams sorted out first, and then I will send you both an invite.

you can remove me in favor of someone else (if that's what you're wondering?) if not I'd like to stay :)

Just dropping my yearly post to confirm I will be participating again in the keeper league.

My keepers this year will be:V Oladipo R2, my boy R. Rubio R6. Maybe this will be the year my investment in Rubio pays off.

Also, let me know if I mess up the keeper rounds.

Edit: Removed L James Round 1 keep, because he was my keeper from last year. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited:
Ok, so I'm missing confirmation from three teams:

MAVERICKS - darkie ?
Papaeeeee Champs - Lakers ?
Slot Available - TPO3 ?

I think I got the users right. I'll wait until the weekend to see if they return.

trikx_insane and cbt, yeah you can participate. Let me get the previous teams sorted out first, and then I will send you both an invite.
Im all set to go, added the draft date to my calendar. I will be upstate but I can just draft on my phone/preset rankings

Also, can we keep a first rounder or is that not allowed? I sent in my keepers via yahoo, but believe one of mine was a first round pick. Just wanted to be sure in case I need to change it

Lakers, you can keep a first round pick as long as you didn't keep him before by also using a first round pick.

For example, Lebron was a 1st round pick in 2014. You kept him in 2015 by giving up your first round pick. You can't keep him again this year in this case.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Keeping the following:

Westbrook (1st round)
Giannis (6th round)
Fournier (off waivers)

Last edited:
Done!

As for the Keeper league, TPO3 is the only one that has not given any signs of being active, so I will look to replace him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)