Project SM Ubers Teambuilding Competition (Round #10: Free Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Hack and Fireburn
Took it over from CKW who took it from Slurmz
who stole it from...basically i'm the host now

(Banner still pending. As for now, this will do)
Hello, and welcome to the Sun and Moon Ubers Teambuilding Competition! Many of you may know about it already, but for those of you who are new to these kinds of competitions, allow me to briefly explain how they work. Each week, there will be a core, set, theme, or Pokémon posted, and your job is to build a team around it. You will be given 5 days to post your team, starting from Monday and ending on Friday at 10:00pm gmt -4. It will be followed by a voting phase (till Sunday 10:00pm gmt -4), in which the community will vote for the team that they feel is most effective. That team with the most votes will win that round. The winner will gain a spot in the Team Archive and if you win 3 times your name will be entered into the Hall of Fame! It is not compulsory for you to post a team in order to participate in the voting phase. So what are you waiting for…get building!

Please read the following rules before posting a team/casting your vote:

Rules and guidelines for teambuilders:

1. Follow me Submitting a team: There are a few things that should be included when posting a team. You must have:
  • An importable of the team in a hide tag [make sure it is specific and do not slash (/) movesets or items in the importable]
  • A small description about the teambuilding process
You need not ladder with the team. Replays and images are not compulsory but they make your post more presentable and easier for the voters to read and understand.

2. Copying teams: As this an open forum for posting teams, there may be disputes regarding people stealing/copying a team from another. This is considered against the overall spirit of the thread and is strictly forbidden. If it is proved that you have copied someone's team, you will be disqualified from that round. If you suspect someone of stealing or copying your team, please PM me (don’t post your complaint in the thread) and I will look further into the matter.

3. DO NOT POST MEME/TROLL TEAMS: if anyone posts such a team in this thread, they will be given a warning (and will be disqualified from that round) the first time they do it. But if they do it again, they will be disqualified from that round as well as from the next two rounds, and for all three rounds their votes will not be considered. So think ten times before pushing that post button.

4. Make sure that the teams you post are for the pokémon/core posted.

5. Post your team before the said time: this is a suggestion rather than a rule actually. I’ve been given permission to host this competition inspite of my bad timezone, due to which I may sometimes have to end the round a few hours earlier, sometimes a few hours later (mostly a few hours later). So it’s best to post your team beforehand.

If you have any doubts regarding that round’s concept, feel free to pm me or ask the ubers chat on showdown or discord.

Rules and guidelines for voters:

1. Keep criticism bare minimum: this is a teambuilding competition, not an rmt thread. While a little constructive criticism (minor changes to be precise) is welcomed, too much is unbearable. Hence I’m making it a rule that if anyone is seen criticizing excessively, they will be given a warning, but if caught doing so continuously,his/her vote will not be considered (along with his/her team if they have posted one) for that round as well as for the next two rounds.

2. Read the description: don’t make any hasty decisions and vote for a team just by looking at the importable and the images. Make it a point to read the teambuilding process as well and then cast your vote.

3. Do not bandwagon: it is the team you have to vote for and not the user. “As for bandwagonning, nothing much can be done about it. U can’t really force someone to tell the truth, nor can u really prove that someone is bandwaggoning. What I can do though is make it a rule to explain why the voters chose that team over others in their own words, and not just copying what the person above said”, is what I told hack and fireburn. But since I trust all of you, I’m not going to make this a compulsory rule. However, if I do find this happening, I may have to enforce it. So please do not break my trust.

ALL GLOBAL AND SUB-FORUM RULES APPLY HERE AS WELL.

I know the rules may be a bit stricter than the last teambuilding competition, but it is only so that this thread goes smoothly and nothing more.

If you have an idea for a good concept for the next round, feel free to pm me and I will consider it.

Good luck to all of you!

Last edited:
Alright so let’s get this started. The pokémon for week 9 is none other than this:

That’s right, marshadow, the recently released pokémon which has pretty much changed a lot in the current meta.

Remember, you have time till Friday the 21st at 10:00pm gmt -4 to build and post your team. Good luck to all the participants.

Last edited:
I get that it's new and everything, but Marshadow seems like kind of a weird pick for this. Do most people not all already have Marshadow teams put together, with it being the shiny new thing?

Marshadow is very recent, to me the idea seems great. I love this subject and is finally back. I suppose it is to take advantage of the use of mon, since it is fashionable. What better moment. The best of all is that he is a mon that gives a lot of play when it comes to building a team with him. It fits in any style, that makes it unique.

PD: Jhonx noob.

I get that it's new and everything, but Marshadow seems like kind of a weird pick for this. Do most people not all already have Marshadow teams put together, with it being the shiny new thing?
My choice of marshadow was mainly because, since it's "the shiny new thing", people will (while testing it out) make many different teams with it. That means there will be many different teams posted here as well.

Marshadow ft. Tapu Koko.

I already had a clear idea before this, so I take it and share it here. It is a mon that has become little known. That's right, Marshadow. Well, bearing in mind this I thought of adding to Tapu Koko, since this allows me to end up with Yveltal / Ho-Oh among others as defensive forms of Arceus (Water) Take Tapunium Z as a second option. I like it better, as it is a good answer for dragons or mons passives. It's good coverage on Electrium Z. On the other hand, Marsh allows me to finish vs. Offensive Arceus + fast Threats with Shadow Sneak priority. Mega Sableye to have some control of hazards and is good mon. WoW on Toxic for GroundCeus especially since it is dangerous aka Lucario. This is also for Ghost / Normal. PDon like check of Xerneas with Roar on Toxic so that this one does not have it so easy if it is Geo. Apart is my user to put sr in rival field. WaterCeus is one of the best defensive guys I definitely love. I decided to add it because it complies well, it is my Defog user and it is another Kyogre check, besides pressing the opposite PDon with Toxic for example. Ice Beam in response to the dragons, who do not fit it well. Ho-Oh last but not least, it's my other exit to the fairies or rather sherbet. One could also say Magearna. It holds up very well for the special side and with Toxic can create good pressure. Recover by Roost is obvious, not to be weak to spam ground. With that and Regenerator can defend itself great.

https://hastebin.com/cekewifiji.diff

Last edited:

I'll use a slightly edited version of my RMT for this one.

The team was built just after Marshadow was released. I was originally running Focus Sash on Marshadow, but found that my strategy of stealing boosts would be ruined if it took residual damage of any kind. To rectify this, I gave it Choice Scarf, which lets it outpace +1 Mega Mence and even neutral nature'd +2 Primal Groudon, meaning I have many more opportunities to stop opposing set up sweepers. I'm using Shadow Sneak on a Scarf set to better my chances against opposing Marshadow. I needed a sturdy Xerneas answer, and Magearna gives me a nearly hard-stop to it while also switching in on Yveltal relatively comfortably. I then added Life Orb Ho-Oh to improve my bulky Steel matchup vs the likes of Celesteela and Skarmory, which were looking to wall my squad. Judgment Arceus-Water was added to give my team some insurance against opposing Ho-Oh as well as Adamant Mega Lucario. The EVs are to outpace max speed Yveltal to get a Toxic off on to it or to get a Recover off before I'm Taunted. Since I felt I was still pretty weak to opposing Pdon, I went with a max speed Pdon of my own and made him a heavy-hitting stealth rocker. Lastly, Life Orb Yveltal gives my team a special-attacking breaker and a Ghost resist.

Marshadow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Shadow Sneak
- Rock Tomb

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Pain Split
- Heart Swap
- Volt Switch

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 224 HP / 136 Atk / 72 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Recover

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Toxic
- Judgment

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing

Last edited:
Marshadow is definitely a mon that has had a big impact on the ubers metagame. Its provided us with an offensive check to ekiller arceus as well as made scarf yveltal more common, forced stall to run toxapex and significantly increased the use of arceus fairy. It has an offensive typing that has 0 resistances and it's also the newest mon to be added to the 7th generation, so naturally I had to board the hype train and build a few teams around this mon.

The team I've decided to share an offensive team based around the idea of a marshadow + magearna core. I thought the idea was rather innovative, however I can already see that other people in this thread have paired marshadow with magearna, and I have also seen a few room tours won with teams with marshadow and magearna in it, so perhaps I'm not the first to come up with the concept, however I'll elaborate on why I think they're a good pair.
1. Some of the main offensive threats that beat marshadow are arceus fairy, xerneas,and yveltal. Magearna is able to wall all of these
2. Magearna is able to take better advantage of special setup sweepers (ie calm mind arceus formes and geo-xern)

THE TEAM

Marshadow @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak

The set I chose for marshadow is the life orb + technician set, as it allows the mon to hit like a truck all the time, rather than just nuke with a z move. Bulk up allows it to boost its attack and defense. Close combat is marshadows main fighting stab. Spectral thief is marshadows most spammable move, steeling boosts from mons and hitting everything close combat doesn't, and shadow sneak is great for picking off faster, weaker foes, and is also easy to spam due to it being boosted by technician.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

Magearnas set is pretty standard stuff in ubers. Pain split healthy mons, steal stats from boosting mons, and you're also able to punish mons by giving them a -2 special attack if fleur cannon has been used. Flash cannon hits xern really hard and fleur cannon is likely to 2hko most things that don't resist it .

The next step reqired step was a way to deal with toxapex, salamence (who although it didn't wish to take a fleurr cannon was quite able to deal with magearna with earthquake) and primal groudon. All of these mons were able to take hits from both marshadow and magearna and then either wear it down or ohko it with a single attack. The next mon that was added to the team to deal with these is arceus ground, as this mon is able to keep all of the aforementioned mons in check.

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Rock Tomb

The next mon is practically a necessity to any ubers team - primal groudon. It's been said by many people, myself included that you're almost putting yourself at a disadvantage by not running this mon, so naturally I had to find a place for it on my team. I decided to go for the standard offensive stealth rock set, with rock tomb to punish ho-oh (who until now could have a field day with my team) and dragon tail to deal with mence and zygarde as well as just act as a good phaser, further preventing setup but gaining momentum myself.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Xerneas and Yveltal are easily one of the most splashable mons in the ubers metagame, so it's no surprise that they managed to find their way onto this team. Xerneas is still one of the best (arguably the best) setup sweepers in the ubers metagame. While new additions such as magearna may hinder it a little, having xerneas on my team still allows me to have another easy wincon, that I can easily just bring in once my opponents mons have been weakened and click geomancy and win. Hidden Power Ground hits primal groudon extra hard, as well as other common checks such as solgaleo, metagross, gengar and arceus steel, and thunder is used to be able to deal with ho-oh and also to deal with kyogre to an extent, since this team is lacking in answers to kyogre and arceus water

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
Yveltal was essentially placed there as a wallbreaker, but I also needed a mon to help deal with stall. When marshadow was first introduced, it quickly became apparent that scarfed yveltal could easily deal with marshadow simply by outspeeding and clicking oblivion wing, and I admit that itd make my team even more successful against offense, however I felt like the life orb set with taunt was more of a necessity for this team, since stall could essentially have a field day being able to wear my team down with status and recover hp etc.

However, I dislike talking about any sort of team without talking about its flaws. No team is perfect, this is no exception. Firstly, it does not have a defogger so it can be worn down with hazards since the only mons with any sort of recovery are arceus and yveltal and there is no defog. Bulky arceus water is a nuisance for this team and it is lacking a kyogre switchin. Despite these flaws, overall I believe this to be a very solid team that is easily able to pressure all sorts of playstyles.

Last edited:
I made like 5 or 6 teams for this but honestly none of them stood out so I'll just post the first one made.

Teambuilding Process:

First we have Marshadow, the focus of this week's team building competition. I has a great Match-up versus offense and we bolster that by adding scarf Yveltal. Scarf Yveltal now makes us rock solid against offense and give us a check to opposing Marshadow and great type synergy. Now we're weak to two main threats of Xerneas and Yveltal which we cover with Magerna. Adding Magerna Makes us weak to Primal Groudon so we add Groudceus. Next We need an Ogre check and rocks so we add Primal Don. Finally we add a perfect 6th Pokemon in primal Kyogre as it pairs great with Marshadow by doing great against stall and Balance teams Marshadow does not do the great against. It is enjoys how well this team handles primal groudon.

Team Description:

This team Pairs up two effect Stall Breakers and two Pokemon who math-up great against offense giving it an edge in those two math-ups. This team is also good at wearing down balance teams allowing Kyogre, Yveltal, and Marshadow to put in work.

Marshadow @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Close Combat

Well not to much to say about this guy, he's mandatory for the competition so I started with him. He has a great match-up against most offense teams. Spectral Thief and Close Combat work as great strong dual STAB while shadow sneak gives you priority while hidden power ice kills Mega-Salamence and weakened Zygarde.

EVs: 176 HP / 140 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Recover

Next we have Arceus-Ground to handle Raquaza, Salamance, Primal Groudon, Mega-Lucario and provide Defog Support.

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Toxic
- U-turn

Now we have a scarf yveltal with toxic. Were running a set with toxic for things like supportceus and ho-oh. After getting those things toxic'd makes them much easier to beat after we switch out. U-turn allows us to gain momentum and we have dual stab for when we want to start killing things or wearing them down.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rocks

Next we have primal-groudon with a set of Two attacks plus Toxic and Rocks which allows us to put enormous pressure on stall teams.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

Magernea is self explanatory as a yveltal/xerneas check that can chip groudon on the switch.

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Finally we have Kyogre which is our second stall breaker and has very few checks out primal groudon which this team wears down effectivly.

Marshadow @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Close Combat

EVs: 176 HP / 140 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Defog
- Recover

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Toxic
- U-turn

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Toxic
- Stealth Rocks

Magearna @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Here are a few more marshadow teams people can take if they wish: https://pastebin.com/Mt3BbBP3

Last edited:
Marshadow is definitely a mon that has had a big impact on the ubers metagame. Its provided us with an offensive check to ekiller arceus as well as made scarf yveltal more common, forced stall to run toxapex and significantly increased the use of arceus fairy. It has an offensive typing that has 0 resistances and it's also the newest mon to be added to the 7th generation, so naturally I had to board the hype train and build a few teams around this mon.

The team I've decided to share an offensive team based around the idea of a marshadow + magearna core. I thought the idea was rather innovative, however I can already see that other people in this thread have paired marshadow with magearna, and I have also seen a few room tours won with teams with marshadow and magearna in it, so perhaps I'm not the first to come up with the concept, however I'll elaborate on why I think they're a good pair.
1. Some of the main offensive threats that beat marshadow are arceus fairy, xerneas,and yveltal. Magearna is able to wall all of these
2. Magearna is able to take better advantage of special setup sweepers (ie calm mind arceus formes and geo-xern)

THE TEAM

Marshadow @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak

The set I chose for marshadow is the life orb + technician set, as it allows the mon to hit like a truck all the time, rather than just nuke with a z move. Bulk up allows it to boost its attack and defense. Close combat is marshadows main fighting stab. Spectral thief is marshadows most spammable move, steeling boosts from mons and hitting everything close combat doesn't, and shadow sneak is great for picking off faster, weaker foes, and is also easy to spam due to it being boosted by technician.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

Magearnas set is pretty standard stuff in ubers. Pain split healthy mons, steal stats from boosting mons, and you're also able to punish mons by giving them a -2 special attack if fleur cannon has been used. Flash cannon hits xern really hard and fleur cannon is likely to 2hko most things that don't resist it .

The next step reqired step was a way to deal with toxapex, salamence (who although it didn't wish to take a fleurr cannon was quite able to deal with magearna with earthquake) and primal groudon. All of these mons were able to take hits from both marshadow and magearna and then either wear it down or ohko it with a single attack. The next mon that was added to the team to deal with these is arceus ground, as this mon is able to keep all of the aforementioned mons in check.

Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 236 Atk / 44 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Rock Tomb

The next mon is practically a necessity to any ubers team - primal groudon. It's been said by many people, myself included that you're almost putting yourself at a disadvantage by not running this mon, so naturally I had to find a place for it on my team. I decided to go for the standard offensive stealth rock set, with rock tomb to punish ho-oh (who until now could have a field day with my team) and dragon tail to deal with mence and zygarde as well as just act as a good phaser, further preventing setup but gaining momentum myself.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Xerneas and Yveltal are easily one of the most splashable mons in the ubers metagame, so it's no surprise that they managed to find their way onto this team. Xerneas is still one of the best (arguably the best) setup sweepers in the ubers metagame. While new additions such as magearna may hinder it a little, having xerneas on my team still allows me to have another easy wincon, that I can easily just bring in once my opponents mons have been weakened and click geomancy and win. Hidden Power Ground hits primal groudon extra hard, as well as other common checks such as solgaleo, metagross, gengar and arceus steel, and thunder is used to be able to deal with ho-oh and also to deal with kyogre to an extent, since this team is lacking in answers to kyogre and arceus water

Yveltal @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
Yveltal was essentially placed there as a wallbreaker, but I also needed a mon to help deal with stall. When marshadow was first introduced, it quickly became apparent that scarfed yveltal could easily deal with marshadow simply by outspeeding and clicking oblivion wing, and I admit that itd make my team even more successful against offense, however I felt like the life orb set with taunt was more of a necessity for this team, since stall could essentially have a field day being able to wear my team down with status and recover hp etc.

However, I dislike talking about any sort of team without talking about its flaws. No team is perfect, this is no exception. Firstly, it does not have a defogger so it can be worn down with hazards since the only mons with any sort of recovery are arceus and yveltal and there is no defog. Bulky arceus water is a nuisance for this team and it is lacking a kyogre switchin. Despite these flaws, overall I believe this to be a very solid team that is easily able to pressure all sorts of playstyles.
Oml another Transcendent God Champion...But ya I appreciate all the efforts you took to write all that stoward. n_n

Sorry for being late btw. The building phase is now over. The voting phase commences now and will end on Sunday at 10 pm gmt -4.

The teams are as follows:
You can click on the pics to see the description of the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)