Resource Ubers Teambuilding Compendium

i get that ttar doesnt always run shuca or foul play but considering the purpose of this thread, if someone is looking for some extra insurance against ekiller that also happens to be a dark resist they should be able to look at the dark resist section as well as ekiller checks and find ttar

e: basically a mon might look more appealing to my team if i can see all the roles it truly can play. i get that it isnt ttars main set but to leave it out of the picture while yveltal is listed as an ekiller check seems a bit ridiculous. i figured the point of this thread was to show the different roles viable ubers pokemon can fit under

Last edited:
Flygon,
the primal groudon check, anti-hazard support and Ground Immunity.

e: Did you forget about adding Forretress in stealth rock , spikes setters and Anti-Hazard Support or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
0 SpA Dread Plate Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Giratina-Origin: 302-356 (68.4 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0 SpA Arceus-Dark Judgment vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pheromosa: 161-190 (56.8 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Only a 12% difference in damage which makes no difference as both are 2HKO'd. If Pheromosa is listed as Dark-type Resist only because it can take a hit and 2HKO with its Fighting-type move, then shouldn't Mewtwo be listed as a Dark-type Resist since it can do the same with Focus Blast?

because focus blast can miss and isn't stab

i think the section's wording is misleading, 'dark-type resist' implies these mons can switch into dark-type attacks which Pheromosa obviously can't.

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Why does it matter if it's STAB or not? It 2HKOs regardless.

I agree that Pheromosa can be considered a Dark-type check, but definitely not a resist.

guess i'll need to expand

252+ Atk Life Orb Pheromosa Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Arceus-Dark: 463-549 (104.2 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Mewtwo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Arceus-Dark: 330-390 (74.3 - 87.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

and if arceus-dark accumulates a boost or two lo mewtwo can no longer stop it

Six Trails

formerly Analytic_
Oops, I just realized I forgot to put a boosting item on Pheromosa when doing calcs. Disregard me then.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
It switches into one Judgment and OHKOes back, an offensive check if I've ever seen the definition of one. It's also faster than Yveltal and lives one Sucker Punch from any set but CB meaning that in a pinch, it can act as the Dark resist that stops Yveltal splitting you in half if need be. The definition doesn't say Dark counter, it says resist and in some manner or another, Pheromosa can check the usable Dark types of the tier if need be (Yveltal, Arc Dark, Darkrai, revenges +1 Mgyara) which means it gets a spot on the list.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Did you consider a section for Deo-S antileads(limit to one hazard at best). It's something I see a lot of newer users forgo in their building leading to builds that struggle to cope with heavy offenses once a couple layers go up.

Last edited:

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Suggesting Tapu Koko to be re-added under Primal Kyogre Check, here are some damage calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunder vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 377-447 (93.5 - 110.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 488-576 (121 - 142.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Reasons for why I also recommend adding Tapu Koko under Ho-Oh check as well:
252 SpA Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 482-570 (116.1 - 137.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunder vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 374-445 (90.1 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

Suggesting Tapu Koko to be re-added under Primal Kyogre Check, here are some damage calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunder vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 377-447 (93.5 - 110.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Kyogre-Primal: 488-576 (121 - 142.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Reasons for why I also recommend adding Tapu Koko under Ho-Oh check as well:
252 SpA Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 482-570 (116.1 - 137.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunder vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 374-445 (90.1 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
I think that if you want Tapu Koko to be re-added, you should've also mentioned Xurkitree, but that's my opinion.
Also are those Gigavolt Havoc calcs even worth mentioning?
I honestly have no clue since I have yet to came across a somewhat viable Tapu Koko team, having only seen 2 of them on those OU teams roaming the low ubers ladder.

Dark-Type Resists

Priority
id ditch whimsicott in both of these categories since you lose to literally every dark type after the prankster nerf even if you run moonblast?(lol) but seriously this mon is not viable at all in sm and isnt ranked in vr so yeah. i wounldnt put genesect in the priority section either considering gene isnt really used for its priority like almost all of the pokes in this section ex) darkrai sucker for gengars/deo, luc/sciz bp for xern, greninja s sneak for blocking spin, and espeed coming off of massive atk stats like ray/deo that can actually pick off weakened mons etc but genesect with espeed is practically useless and makes a borderline unviable mon even worse. inclusion of a setup section with like sd/dd/cm/np/z-move etc sub categories would be a nice addition to this thread considering how important and common these pokes are.

Last edited:

ckw

Tired
I think that if you want Tapu Koko to be re-added, you should've also mentioned Xurkitree, but that's my opinion.
Also are those Gigavolt Havoc calcs even worth mentioning?
I honestly have no clue since I have yet to came across a somewhat viable Tapu Koko team, having only seen 2 of them on those OU teams roaming the low ubers ladder.
Initially, Tapu Koko was removed from being a pOgre check probably since it didn't get an analysis at that time. But things have changed, QC found it viable to receive one and it's also in the Viability Rankings(B-).
Now, I understand that VR is at its preliminary stage and it's a bit unreliable at the moment, so I'll just provide a brief description of what this mon can do in Ubers.
-Offensive checks to Yveltal, Primal Kyogre, and Ho-Oh.
- Access to Nature's Madness means that even it's switch-in would lose at least 50% of its HP as it's being brought in.
- Electric Terrain stops RestTalk users (Zygarde).
- It's also a fast taunt user.
- It's Speed aids its momentum and also function as revenge killer, being able to outspeed everything up to Shaymin-S, while also being able to Speed Tie with Mega Gengar that makes it risky to trap it.
Therefore, this Pokemon works really well with offensive teams that also have a volt-turn side. Also, the Electrium Z with Thunder is the set from the analysis.

Xurkitree is outsped about Max Speed Pogre and Max Speed Ho-Oh. But since the former is rare, it could be placed under Pogre check?? Wouldn't agree for Ho-Oh though.

Last edited:
Reactions: hyw

ckw

Tired
Checks don't necessarily have to switch in against the Pokemon they are checking. Tapu Koko cannot switch into Pogre but it can definitely KO it after switching in safely and it can also pivot out or use nature's madness when predicting switches. It's an OK mon but more offense-oriented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)