Project SM RU Replays Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to the SM RU replays thread where you can show off you're competitively-relevant replays!

In order for the thread to maintain good quality, a few guidelines must be met:

- When posting your replay, you must provide at least a one paragraph description of the match, which can involve your thought-process throughout the game or anything else that gives the reader insight on how you decided to play out the match, something interesting that allowed you to win, and/or how executed your strategy in response to your opponents'.

- Avoid replays with joke teams. Keep in mind that posting a good replay with a proper description is a good learning tool for new users and people less acquainted with the tier, so don't take that away from them! The thread in general will be more enjoyable for everyone to read when there are good replays to watch with engaging commentary as opposed to minimally commented replays on Ambipom Vs Ambipom matches.

- Avoid contentless posts and one-liners. It's perfectly fine to comment on another person's post if you want to add something, but be sure your post has substance when doing so (a paragraph minimum will suffice)!

- Don't insult your opponent when describing the match or display any other unsportsmanlike like behavior.

Lets give this thread some love!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7rubeta-569261634
This is a replay between me and Mikaav (someone who was trying to qualify for the BLT-tournament aswell). I went in to the match with the idea of winning with either Doublade or Salazzle using FO Heracross to pave the way for them. I also wanted to prevent Feraligatr from setting up or make sure it would be revenge-killable.
Me losing Mantine early game put me in a tough spot when the opposing Salazzle came in on Umbreon. I tried to bait out the Z-Sludge Wave with Protect and switching in Doublade. I got a bit lucky when Mikaav missed a Fire Blast and I eventually won the speed tie with my own Salazzle getting rid of the opposing Salazzle but at the cost of Doublade and Umbreon. At this point I was left with Queen, Heracross and my own Salazzle. I was aware of the fact that my Heracross would outspeed everything bar the Scarf Heracross and would KO everything after rocks (Mantine would need a little chip). Thats why I sacrificed my Nidoqueen for Stealth Rocks on the field and wanted to try and chip the Mantine with Salazzle and enforce the sweep with Flame Orb Heracross.

The lesson I learned: never trust a lizard when its plotting some nasty shit... smh

Cheers! :toast:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-590049443

Grand finals to a room tour against dundies.
During the first part of the match, my main thought was to get Heracross in as much as possible since he lacked any true switch in for it so i was mainly trying to use Rotom-H Volt Switch or Will-o-Wisp to soften the blow onto Heracross. Fortunately I get into a favorable position against the Mantine and snag myself the free burn. Afterwards we both double out and I'm able to remove the Gardevoir which is good because I can sacrifice Doublade, if need be. For a few turns we kind of just feel each other out till I get his Mantine with a Toxic (which confirms my victory at the end) and then flex a little by switching into Doublade to absorb the Toxic back. By the time my Heracross is in on the Umbreon I realized that i had full control of the match as it was impossible for him to switch into anything without severe consequences. But he sends out the Durant and from looking at the team comp I new it had to be scarf or else his Heracross match-up would have been unbelievably difficult so I switch out. At this point things were looking really grim for him and I even go as far to stay in on the Durant predicting a double. And with that I can pick off the Durant with a Volt Switch and all I had to do left was hit a Stone Edge and kill the Sallazle. Not ngl I kind of popped off at how well I played that match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)