Resource USM OU Role Compendium

I guess you can add ditto to scarf users, and I think you should add under both <100 and >100, since its speed tier is based in the mon he transforms into
Ps: crawdaunt and mega maw for TR abusers
Edit2: espeon to CM and stallbreakers

Last edited:
Reactions: vso
1) Can Kartana be removed from the Choice Scarf users list?
None of its moves are desirable to be locked into; Leaf Blade and Smart Strike has poor coverage while Sacred Sword and Night Slash are both really weak if you're not hitting Super Effectively. It also struggles to revenge some troublesome Pokemon that you'd expect a Scarf user to such as Ash-Greninja, Volcarona, Magearna and Zygarde.

2) Can Manaphy be added to the Icium Z list?
+3 Subzero Slammer has enough power behind it to blow back some of its checks such as Mega Venusaur and Ferrothorn

Last edited:
Mega Metagross is still in SR users, Zygarde should be added to Dragonium Z (Outrage), as mentioned above Heatran and Volcanion to Groundium Z (earth power) and magearna to fightnium(sphere) and electrium(tbolt) . Also Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile should be listed in their respecitve roles as they are out.

According to the OP, mega Sableye is listed as a viable calm mind user, so I think it's also a viable setup-based stallbreaker. Its magic bounce prevents it from being crippled by toxic or taunt, and it can learn dark pulse, which is a good STAB attack that hits every type. I'm pretty sure that mega Sableye is a viable setup-based stallbreaker, and my experience with using calm mind mega Sableye definitely confirms this.

Can you guys also add a section for stuff like haze and whirlwind?

Last edited:
Mega Swampert, mega sceptile and mega pidgeot are now ranked in the sm viability rankings so they should be listed in their respective roles (also manectric and tyranitar could also be added rn as it is very probaly for them get ranked in the next tier update)

Trick Room is heavly incomplete.
In trick room setters, it dont have Audino; in TR abusers it dont have Vikavolt, rampardos and magearna.

Audino: With acess to TR, Wish, Knock Off and Healing Wish. While she may look like a weakened Cresselia, it dont stack weakness with Bronzong or Exxecute, making the team less vulnerable to Bug, dark and expecialy ghost. And also has regenerator, so she will live a lot. (Isnt in the mega form because it looses the Regenerator ability.)

Vikavolt: Sp.Atack of 145, 43 Speed, good offensive typing and have Volt Switch: In the last turn dealing a lot of damage and bringing the TR setter. Could be better?

Rampardos: 252+ Atk Choice Band Rampardos Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 637-751 (90.6 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
165 attack and head smash. And the fact it can use a Choise Band because you dont want speed, so choise scarf would be idiot, this dude can destroy A LOT.

Magearna: Lets say, Vikavolt dosnt killd when using the Volt Switch, and you used Magearna. Magearna gets 1 free turn, of the dude switching - I wouldnt stay there to increase its SpAttack. Being able to set TR and use it well its amazing. And 65 speed is a little hard to under-speed in Ou.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Trick Room is heavly incomplete.
In trick room setters, it dont have Audino; in TR abusers it dont have Vikavolt, rampardos and magearna.

Audino: With acess to TR, Wish, Knock Off and Healing Wish. While she may look like a weakened Cresselia, it dont stack weakness with Bronzong or Exxecute, making the team less vulnerable to Bug, dark and expecialy ghost. And also has regenerator, so she will live a lot. (Isnt in the mega form because it looses the Regenerator ability.)

Vikavolt: Sp.Atack of 145, 43 Speed, good offensive typing and have Volt Switch: In the last turn dealing a lot of damage and bringing the TR setter. Could be better?

Rampardos: 252+ Atk Choice Band Rampardos Head Smash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 637-751 (90.6 - 106.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
165 attack and head smash. And the fact it can use a Choise Band because you dont want speed, so choise scarf would be idiot, this dude can destroy A LOT.

Magearna: Lets say, Vikavolt dosnt killd when using the Volt Switch, and you used Magearna. Magearna gets 1 free turn, of the dude switching - I wouldnt stay there to increase its SpAttack. Being able to set TR and use it well its amazing. And 65 speed is a little hard to under-speed in Ou.
Except that Audino, Vikavolt and Rampardos aren't in the Viability Rankings.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Except that Audino, Vikavolt and Rampardos aren't in the Viability Rankings.
Neither are Mega Houndoom, Mega Sceptile, Diggersby, Xurkitree, Slowking, Jellicent, non-Mega Aerodactyl, Klefki, Tentacruel, Zygarde-10%, Feraligatr, Alolan Exeggutor (this one should be removed imo), Ludicolo, or Torkoal, but they're still on the compendium. I wouldn't say the compendium is as strictly tied to the VR as analyses are.

In my opinion, Audino should be added since Chople Audino is an insanely consistent setter that provides assistance versus really dangerous threats like Alolan Marowak and Mimikyu thanks its bulk, typing, and access to Knock Off, and its access to Regenerator Wish simultaneously helps Trick Room's consistency versus stall. I've used Vikavolt on TR before to some success so I could see it added, personally indifferent, but Rampardos is trash in testing and almost always outclassed by something like Tyrantrum or just Crawdaunt / Alolawak / Bulu

I think you should add Infernape to the thread. Even though it's not used very much in the meta, it's able to do quite a few thinks in the meta.

It has access to many useful moves. Also has Fire / Fighting STAB, which is pretty good. Though Infernape isn't as strong as he once was back in DPP.

Infernape can be used as a Choice Scarfer. With a base speed stat of 108, it's able to out speed the whole meta unboosted. And it's able to outspeed a +2 max speed timid Magearna and revenge kill it with a Flare Blitz.
252 Atk Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 300-354 (99.6 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Infernape can also be used as a suicide lead to get up rocks.

It also has three formers of priority
1.) Fake Out- which would be used on a suicide Lead set.
2.) Mach punch- For a physical set or a physical based set.
3.) Vacuum Wave- For a special set or a special based set.

Also Infernape can be used as a set-up sweeper in both physical and special conditions. It has access to Swords Dance and Calm Mind. Being able to boost it's 104 based stats.

Infernape is able to use U-Turn, which allows it to be an offensive pivot.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think you should add Infernape to the thread. Even though it's not used very much in the meta, it's able to do quite a few thinks in the meta.

It has access to many useful moves. Also has Fire / Fighting STAB, which is pretty good. Though Infernape isn't as strong as he once was back in DPP.

Infernape can be used as a Choice Scarfer. With a base speed stat of 108, it's able to out speed the whole meta unboosted. And it's able to outspeed a +2 max speed timid Magearna and revenge kill it with a Flare Blitz.
252 Atk Infernape Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 300-354 (99.6 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Infernape can also be used as a suicide lead to get up rocks.

It also has three formers of priority
1.) Fake Out- which would be used on a suicide Lead set.
2.) Mach punch- For a physical set or a physical based set.
3.) Vacuum Wave- For a special set or a special based set.

Also Infernape can be used as a set-up sweeper in both physical and special conditions. It has access to Swords Dance and Calm Mind. Being able to boost it's 104 based stats.

Infernape is able to use U-Turn, which allows it to be an offensive pivot.
Infernape is already under the Choice Scarf section, which is its only viable niche in the current metagame.

S. Court

[Takes hits in Spanish]
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor
I think Araquanid should be added to Choice Band users

I mean, I know it is a Trick Room abuser, but it needs Choice Band for that so technically it falls in both categories imo

Maybe add Mega Camerupt to Stealth Rock, its quite a decent user tbh because of the number of swithces it forces. Also I'd add Hoopa Confinded to Nasty Plot users, its kind of a metagame trend but it is very good against stall because it is a Ghost-type and therefore can't get trapped by Duggy.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Maybe add Mega Camerupt to Stealth Rock, its quite a decent user tbh because of the number of swithces it forces. Also I'd add Hoopa Confinded to Nasty Plot users, its kind of a metagame trend but it is very good against stall because it is a Ghost-type and therefore can't get trapped by Duggy.
1. Dugtrio usually runs Pursuit on SPL Stall afaik
2. Being nommed in the VR and getting good feedback=/=metagame trend, check usage stats and/or play on the mid-high ladder and you'll see how low Hoopa-C's usage is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)