Resource Ultra SM OU Bazaar

Just because people currently use the same Pokemon in TR doesn't mean it's current skeleton is good. In fact I'd say most of the TR teams I see built with similar "formulas" are pretty bad as they have a lot of trouble with quite a few popular Pokemon such as M-Scizor, Heatran, Marowak, MVenusaur, Tapu Fini, Toxapex....etc.

Trick Room as a whole is actually a fairly flexible as a team archetype as long as you don't limit it to specific skeletons.
You could make the same argument for the many variations of the stall skeleton posted in this bazaar. For the most part these stalls all struggle with the same things (such as SD Marowak, SD Tapu Bulu, Z-move rocks Lando, Shed Shell Tapu Lele, Stallbreaker Heatran, Tapu fini, SubToxic Zygarde, etc); just as TR struggles with your aforementioned Pokemon. This team can be very effective vs some particular matchups just as this formulaic stall team has great matchups vs some other teams.

I also posted this team so people can refer back to it if they wanted to try using a Trick Room team, likewise if somebody wanted to snag a stall team off here they'd copy and paste one of the many options they have here on this bazaar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo
I think most if not all TR teams should be running TR Mimikyu, that way even if you have a particular weakness you can readily check a great deal of threats as you can definitely set TR at least one time in the match and then bring in your TR abuser which the opponent then can't handle (Curse on Mimikyu is a decent way to bring something in safely after TR).

While problems with very strong wallbreakers will always cause full TR teams issues, Mimikyu straight robs your opponent of momentum at least once a match allowing you to turn the tables on these wallbreakers. It really provides a much needed glue and viability to TR teams which is much harder to achieve without using Mimikyu.

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.

Stall Breaker Shed Shell Sub Heatran + Scarf Zygarde

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch
- Thunder Punch

Pheromosa @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Fly
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Infestation
- Recover
- Haze

Zygarde @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Rock Slide
- Extreme Speed

Heatran @ Shed Shell
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 168 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Substitute
- Rest
- Taunt

The Heatran set is for Stall :heart: Dugtrio can't trap Heatran due to Shed Shell. M-Sableye and Toxapex can't break Heatrans Substitute which is very nice. And if Heatrans health gets low you can just Rest.

Calcs - 0 Atk Sableye-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 76 Def Heatran: 81-96 (21 - 24.9%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 248 HP / 168+ SpD Heatran: 78-92 (20.2 - 23.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

Replay - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-544897760

Toxapex + Pheromosa & Double Ground

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Poison Jab

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Smack Down

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Infestation
- Recover
- Haze

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Garchomp @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

Clefable + Toxapex is great for Pheromosa :heart: Replay - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-544905957

Last edited:
I think most if not all TR teams should be running TR Mimikyu, that way even if you have a particular weakness you can readily check a great deal of threats as you can definitely set TR at least one time in the match and then bring in your TR abuser which the opponent then can't handle (Curse on Mimikyu is a decent way to bring something in safely after TR).

While problems with very strong wallbreakers will always cause full TR teams issues, Mimikyu straight robs your opponent of momentum at least once a match allowing you to turn the tables on these wallbreakers. It really provides a much needed glue and viability to TR teams which is much harder to achieve without using Mimikyu.
Sashed Reuniclus achieves a similar effect, as I've said before it can prevent you from being swept by, say, a +1 Salamence or a +2 Pheromosa or a Volcarona. Explosion allows you to get your setter in. I guess between this and Mimikyu its just a matter of preference, they both get up trick room almost guaranteed, granted the opponent doesn't taunt/flinch/full para/freeze.

Last gen you could get away with using Cress or even P2 to set up your late game Trick Room, but this gen, with Z moves and strong setup sweepers like Mence, Phero, Volcarona, or even banded Tapu Bulu, it is a little more safe to run some backup setter like mimikyu or sash reuniclus.

So I kind of just built this from the scratch because I wanted to have some fun with M-Mawile without going for trickroom shenanigans. I still don't think the team is crazy good and it's not really creative either but it ended up working really well so far, so I guess I'll just post it here for people too lazy to build something better.

The Idea was simply to build around mawile and use Magnezone to get rid of steels for it. I also slapped on Nihilego because it also profits from magnezone removing steels and also gets rid of a lot of fire and flying types that might give mawile trouble (Charizard). Next I wanted to get some hazard stacking going and a way to get in mawile safely. Lando is amazing for these kind of things and Greninja is just nice for spike stacking and applying some more offensive pressure. Gyarados closed some other holes the team had at that point and I wanted some other wincon. I didn't wanna use the standard nihilego set from the analysis because I don't like risking somebody switching in an immunity on Tbolt and Psychic is nice to lure Venusaur.

Most games I just start with stacking spikes while trying to go for either a gyarados or nihilego sweep. Magnezone, Mawile and Greninja actually work wonders in applying enough pressure from the beginning to make a sweep by either of these possible.

I hope someone has fun with the team. I definitely did.
U Could try DD Flyinium-Z Salamence instead of Gyarados! Or someother moxie sweeper / setuper

-------------
i rarely post in ou anymore but i thought i'd share this team since i built it for one specific game and i don't plan to use it again. i built this team this team for my round 2 ost opponent: snow. i only planned to use this team if i won game 1 since sableye + volcarona is a relatively matchup dependent style and i didn't want to rely on this team if the series was on the line.

mega sableye keeps stealth rock away for volcarona, beating setters such as ferrothorn, bronzong, and skarmory while also weakening heatran with knock off and metal burst. defensive volcarona is a somewhat underrated set in my opinion, checking a number of common offensive pokemon such as pheromosa, non-zen headbutt mega metagross, and tapu bulu yet still being a threatening offensive presence with potent fire + grass coverage. i decided to run a lot of speed to outpace choice scarf landorus and excadrill at +1, and sand rush excadrill at +2. The extra bulk didn't seem super important, i still avoided the 2hko from any mega metagross attack beside zen headbutt and the extra speed was really useful because it gave me another way to revenge kill swords dance landorus, which is always a threat to bulkier teams, as well as generally surprising offensive pokemon that thought they would be able to outspeed and revenge kill me. gastrodon gave me electric and water resist, making sure tapu koko didn't volt around on my team for free, while also punishing pokemon like choice scarf keldeo and toxapex which try to fish for scald burns on mega sableye. speaking of scald, i didn't really feel like it was particularly necessary on gastrodon since mega sableye walled most of the steels such as ferrothorn, skarmory, and celesteela that you'd try to fish for burns on, and ice beam allowed me to nail pokemon such as dragonite and gliscor. unaware clefable gave me a reliable counter to a number of threatening setup sweepers such as zygarde, garchomp, and pheromosa, while also providing cleric support which is a huge boon for the entire team. clefable also allows me to wishpass into bronzong which is useful since it's my main ground immunity. i needed a fairy resist, as well as a check to a variety of threatening physical pokemon. bronzong compresses a number of defensive roles into a single slot while also reliably setting stealth rock. psywave allows me to chip away at tapu fini, as well as generally every pokemon it's supposed to wall. protect allows me to scout potential choice items while also gaining an extra turn of leftovers recovery, which can be key when trying to check something like tapu lele. lastly, mantine was thrown on because i needed hazard removal, as well as a check to both mega charizard formes. i really wanted to forgo scald to run both toxic + haze, but i found myself being irritated by heatran a bit too much for me to be able to settle on dropping it.

-------------
the team is pretty flawed from a compositional perspective and is generally weak to a number of common things, as well as being somewhat matchup dependent. however, i still found it fun to use. feel free to try it out if you feel so inclined.
This team is actually really well put together, have had a lot of success with it. Psywave zong is actually very good, hits things like metagross/tapu fini for like 30 percent. This team looked weird at first but yea its pretty good. Little weak to CB Bulu if rox are up/volc is weakened also cb tar but thats not as common anymore i guess

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.

M-Blastoise + Coil Zygarde Balance

=== [gen7ou] M-Blastoise + Coil Zygarde ===

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic
- Coil

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Heatran @ Grassium Z
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Quick Attack

REPLAY - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-538459528

This team is meant to counter those slow Fini Balances :) enjoy

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Sup everyone I'm here again to drop some pretty solid teams I've built in the past couple of weeks toxapex offense is the future

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 124 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Trick
- Icy Wind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Wanted to build around Specs Lele bc it's really overlooked rn and deals ~40 to most of its counters lol this thing is crazy. Added Scizor as a safe Metagross switchin for Lele and U-Trun support+Defog is nice role compression. HP Fire Spikes Gren wears down stuff like Steela and Mag for Lele while also pressuring fat Steels with Spikes. Toxapex+Ferrthorn from a solid defensive backbone I've used in toher teams and cover a lot of stuff while not being 100% passive (Toxic+RH Toxa is actually decent). FInally Gengar cleans up after most fat mons have been dented by Lele while checking hp fire Koko and some stuff.
e: The Stall matchup is tough but my gameplan is usually trick Chansey Gengar's Scarf eatly game and then set up Spikes with Gren to break Dug's Sash, from there on just use Lele to switch into Chansry as it clicks rocks vs gren and hit what's in front of you no matter what to avoid any chip damage and eventually your opp will stay in fearing the prediction and will die. Dug will do a clean 60% but after you get rid of it clean hazards and get kills with Lele

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Ban Me (Dugtrio) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
IVs: 28 HP
- Earthquake
- Screech
- Reversal
- Pursuit

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Lonely Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Top Kek (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness

This is my final attempt at building something with Zard-Y and although it looks super weird it's been putting a lot of work in the 1700's. Zard-Y+Dug standard core and better than Ttar+Zard-Y from ORAS, basically trap stuff with Dug and break with Zard. I needed some VoltTurn support and hazard removal so I went with Mosa bc after using Fini on Zard-Y teams I've realized it doesn't provide much when you have a fat grass as your elec check. I made it Scarf later for better speedcontrol. Some more FerroToxa fat shit but I've been trying out different defensive backbones lately and this is just solid. Chople Ferro helps with Pinsir because Zard and Mosa are forced out by it. Finally Koko pressures bulky Waters provides VoltTurn and pivots out of fat grasses, aslo helps with Pinsir. Taunt+NM to help against Stall although I usually just win with Zard if I trap both Chansey and Toxa (hard but doable)
e: Used to have hp elec on Zard but SubCoil Zygarde can be really annoying if played correctly so I usually just bait it in and kill it with HP-Ice

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 16 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 28 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Ban Me 2 (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch

Ban Me (Dugtrio) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Memento
- Aerial Ace

My old Volcarona Offense with some changes made by FV :] Check out the old one for desc but basically Dug checks elecs and traps Heatran for Volc, HP Ground isn't needed anymore so HP ice is used instead to catch Chomp on the switch. Stallbreaker Koko+T-Punch Meta help vs Stall.

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang

Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 24 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magearna-Original @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

(STILL TESTING) This is a cool Mawile Offense I built when it was announced and changed a bit after some testing. Basically I wanted to use TR Magearna+Mawile to punish Offense late-game and form a powerful Fairy Spam core. Added Spikes Ninja to wear stuff down and break Dug's sash on Stall so Mawile can just blow Stall away and Extrasensory luls Venusaur. AV Tangrowth+Landorus from a solid defensive backbone and cover the ground weakness from Mawile+Mag. Scarf Gar gives me a Phero check and is a great Scarfer in general. Zard-Y and Tran are very annoying but most of the time you'll be able to play around them til you clean up. I'm still testing this one btw so any feedback would be appreciated.

Enjoy! :]

Last edited:

M-Blastoise + Coil Zygarde Balance

=== [gen7ou] M-Blastoise + Coil Zygarde ===

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Zygarde @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 56 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Toxic
- Coil

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Psywave
- Toxic
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam
- Stealth Rock

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Quick Attack

REPLAY - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-538459528

This team is meant to counter those slow Fini Balances :) enjoy
Dxxx stop asking for likes u scrub

Zygarde @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

This is a cool bulky offense team i have been using. its built around band zygarde+ scarf keldeo core. bloom doom tran was the rocker of choice as it pressured stall a lot, basically forcing it to sack msab turn 1 or let me setup rocks; rotom was the next choice as it provided a actual lando and gyara check and volt switch support for band zygarde. dark pulse protean gren was the next mon, as it serves as a good mmeta check. it was the preffered choice over ash gren because running 3 choiced mons would hinder my team severely, and lo ash gren is pure utter dogshit. mega venu was the last mon, as i realized rotom wash isnt very good of a water resist, and it counters the overwhelming threat that is mega mawile.

Edit:fixed trans nature.

Last edited:
Hey guys this is my first rmt I hope y'all like the team

Now for the team..

This is my lead Mon.. Not much explaining lol just set up rocks and boom

Nah Homie (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Explosion

Here it is. Baton Passes most important Mon. all u do is sub protect and pass into a sweeper, Megahorn is for those Hoopas who think they're slick

Cancer (Scolipede) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Ah Manaphy. She destroys everything lol modest +3 pretty much beats everything bar Mega Venu or Ferro which we will get into..

Lil Boat (Manaphy) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Here we go lol. I like thuddy over xurk on bp becuz it can lure the stuff manaphy hates for example, Hp flying for Venu and Alolan Marowak + incenirate for those pesky Ferrothorns
and I run max speed cuz +2 outspeeds pheromosa

Static Shock (Thundurus-Therian) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Incinerate

Love this mon. he stops dragon tail users, Fights against Stall and lures in Marowak for Manaphy with stone edge while also hitting mons like Zard Y supereffective

Tapu Boolin (Tapu Bulu) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

My last member. Espeon is a bit eh but it works. Espeon is my Scarf lele switch-in lmao and it reflects whirlwind/roar. Espeon can snowball really quickly and can be hard to stop if u let Stored Power snowball and Weakness Policy is for snowball effect

Trolleon (Espeon) (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind

Attachments

Last edited:

AbrarWasee

formerly Train All
Hey guys this is my first rmt I hope y'all like the team

Now for the team..

This is my lead Mon.. Not much explaining lol just set up rocks and boom

Nah Homie (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 128 HP / 128 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Explosion

Here it is. Baton Passes most important Mon. all u do is sub protect and pass into a sweeper, Megahorn is for those Hoopas who think they're slick

Cancer (Scolipede) (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Megahorn
- Substitute
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Ah Manaphy. She destroys everything lol modest +3 pretty much beats everything bar Mega Venu or Ferro which we will get into..

Lil Boat (Manaphy) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Here we go lol. I like thuddy over xurk on bp becuz it can lure the stuff manaphy hates for example, Hp flying for Venu and Alolan Marowak + incenirate for those pesky Ferrothorns
and I run max speed cuz +2 outspeeds pheromosa

Static Shock (Thundurus-Therian) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Incinerate

Love this mon. he stops dragon tail users, Fights against Stall and lures in Marowak for Manaphy with stone edge while also hitting mons like Zard Y supereffective

Tapu Boolin (Tapu Bulu) @ Fightinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

My last member. Espeon is a bit eh but it works. Espeon is my Scarf lele switch-in lmao and it reflects whirlwind/roar. Espeon can snowball really quickly and can be hard to stop if u let Stored Power snowball and Weakness Policy is for snowball effect

Trolleon (Espeon) (M) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
I am not sure if this is intentional, but your descriptions are kinda scattered.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion

Just some team built around zard y plus duggy with sash garchomp and and sash qd mosa as the win con

heres the team: http://pastebin.com/F2f8bWg1
Yo, nice team n_n Is Focus Blast really that useful with Dug tho? Idk whenever I use Zard+Dug I never find myself clicking it, maybe consider something like HP-Elec for Pelipper (Fini+Mag get overwhelmed pretty quickly) Mantine and Gyarados or even Ice since Zygarde gets a free switchin on Zard and your ground resist is Fini

Yo, nice team n_n Is Focus Blast really that useful with Dug tho? Idk whenever I use Zard+Dug I never find myself clicking it, maybe consider something like HP-Elec for Pelipper (Fini+Mag get overwhelmed pretty quickly) Mantine and Gyarados or even Ice since Zygarde gets a free switchin on Zard and your ground resist is Fini

Thanks ima try it once I get on ps tomorrow thanks for the suggestion

I built this team around Mega Pinsir + Z Celesteela and it ended up becoming a semi-birdspam HO. I haven't tested it much but I played with it on an alt today and got from 1000 to 1400 ELO in about an hour. Current W/L is 10:1, with that one loss due to some obscure low-ladder aids. Eventually I'll get this up to like 1600s+ on the ladder and get some decent replays.

If you want to try it out then the team is below, along with descriptions. Let me know if you have suggestions.

Team:
Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 84 HP / 252 SpA / 172 Spe
Rash Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Hasty Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot

Description:
Z Celesteela makes for a nice set-up sweeper since it has respectable bulk even when uninvested and outrusn a lot of the unboosted meta after an autotomize. Modest reaches 402 speed at +2, which outruns Koko and the like but falls short of the base 135s (which aren't released yet in the cases of Mega Lopunny and Mega Manectric). After getting a KO it can usually steamroll through a weakened team. The set is straight from analysis; I chose EQ over Giga Drain since it cucks electrics and my team handles bulky waters/grounds well already.

Mega Pinsir is here to punch holes so Steela can clean up later. Chansey and Toxapex can handle Steela, but +2 Mega Pinsir tears them apart. It also offers priority for certain threats that outrun +2 Steela, such as Mega Zam, Pheromosa, weakened scarfers, etc. Standard set yet again, with EQ over CC for Mega Metagross (if Pinsir lives a hit somehow), Toxapex, and AV Magearna.

Excadrill was added since the core is very weak to electrics. Although I love Scarf Drill, the bulkier option allows it to better check electrics and spin/set rocks over the course of the game. I went with max HP and max speed since the added special bulk is not too needed, whereas the speed is very nice. Eventually I might try a different spead that lets Drill outrun max speed Timid Heatran and stick the rest in Special Defense, but this is fine for now. Mold Breaker lets me get rocks up versus stall and get Toxic on Mega Sableye. The usual coverage options work nicely.

Thundy is the third of the birds, and offers a powerful Thunderbolt to smack bulky waters along with good coverage options. "But wait!", you ask, "Just use Tapu Koko instead!" That's where you're wrong, kiddo. While Koko's speed and pivoting ability is fantastic, Mixed LO Thundurus is amazing since it baits the hell out of AV Tangrowth, Chansey, Alolan Marowak, and other mons that traditionally soak up Thunderbolts and annoy the rest of my team. Abusing Defog is really handy for dismantling slower teams. It helps the team pressure stall immensely, and its speed tier lets it outrun Mega Metagross and other base 110s. Its uses LO better than Koko does, so HP Ice can reliably beat Lando-T, offensive Zygarde, and Garchomp. Another ground immunity is dank too.

Banded Zygarde comes in as another electric deterrent that can break holes with Banded Thousand Arrows, or Outrage if resists are KO'd. Banded Extremespeed is another powerful priority that gives me insurance against Ash/Protean Greninja, Volcarona, Scarf Nihilego, etc. Toxic is for Tangrowth, Lando-T, and Shedinja mostly. Iron Tail could be useful against Unaware Clef but idk. Max attack max speed Adamant as usual, not sure about where the last 4 EVs should go.

Where would any offense team be without Greninja. It offers plenty of speed and firepower to the team, with Hydro and Ice Beam to punch holes and generally keep the opponent's mons low. Gunk lures Fini and Clef since they're annoying, and it also pairs well with Spikes, as the team really appreciates the chip damage for KO's. HP Fire would be great if I can fit it in somewhere. Spread is standard.

Last edited:
I would really like to make a team with stallbreaker Mega Pidgeot, but my knowledge of OU is limited. Could someone help me please? This is the Pidgeot-Mega set I'm using:

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Refresh

I would really like to make a team with stallbreaker Mega Pidgeot, but my knowledge of OU is limited. Could someone help me please? This is the Pidgeot-Mega set I'm using:

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Refresh
I made something in like 7ish minutes on my lunch break. It's untested but it should honestly be fine.

Stallbreaker Pidgeot Offense:

Pidgeot-Mega (F) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Refresh
- Work Up

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 24 HP / 176 SpA / 168 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 192 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 140 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt
- Defog
You can drop U-turn on Gren for Hydro if you feel too Heatran weak.

I made something in like 7ish minutes on my lunch break. It's untested but it should honestly be fine.

Stallbreaker Pidgeot Offense:

Pidgeot-Mega (F) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Refresh
- Work Up

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 24 HP / 176 SpA / 168 SpD / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 192 Def / 28 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 140 SpD / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt
- Defog
You can drop U-turn on Gren for Hydro if you feel too Heatran weak.
Used this team and it's pretty weak to Metagross. Here's a replay that shows me winning, but honestly it required me to outplay the opponent. A better player could have torn this team to shreds. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7oususpecttest-554357779

I also used it and did find it v heatran weak. lost to a metagross cause ninja and koko are the only ones who outspeed and neither can come close to KOing. granted meteor mash critted on koko.

To be frank, it's obviously not going to be polished when I made it rushed on my lunch break. I'll make something more polished with M-Pidgeot and post it here later.

Also, there will be a teambuilding workshop that will process and meet the requests of those that post in it coming after SPL finals so keep that in mind. Builders will likely include those from the old ORAS one (a few SPL players + me + others depending on who wants to stay).

I promise my teams from there will be actually well thought out and not rushed! I originially had Protean D-Pulse Gren to help RK Metagross after Helm chip, but for some reason made Gren scarf. My bad!

Last edited:
Hey guys! I'd like to show some BO teams I made and found decent success with. Some of them are more like fun teams then serious ones, but still solid nonetheless. So, here they are!

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Volcarona @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Hydro Pump

EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 28 SpD / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 16 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

Zygarde @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 Atk / 24 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Toxic

This is a cool team I made around the offensive core of Shattered Psyche Volcarona + Scarf Keldeo. Shattered Psyche Volc lures in and beats Toxapex, which is one of Keldeo's best counters. Volcarona also beats most Tapu Fini, as long as they aren't Scald or CM. Keldeo also beats Heatran, which hard walls Volc. Mega Metagross gives me a solid check to Tapu Lele, as well as a nice wallbreaker too. Defensive Lando gives me a ground immunity as well as rocks. Tapu Fini provides me with Defog for Volcarona, since that is mandatory on all Volc teams. Lastly, I put Banded Zygarde to Check other Volcarona, and to overall just dent the opponent's team. The EVs allow Zygarde to outspeed max speed Hoopa, while also taking a LO HP Ice from Tapu Koko after rocks, since the team is pretty weak to it. I encourage you guys to try this one out; it's really fun.

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast

Dugtrio @ Groundium Z
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Dark Pulse

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

I had the urge to build around Zard Y, since it is a slept on threat imo. Zard-Y + Groundium Z Duggy is a fantastic offensive core, since duggy traps and kills most of what checks Zard Y (Chansey and Toxapex are the most prominent). This core beats most balance/stall teams that lack a Mantine. Duggy has 8 EVs in defense to guarantee live a Mega Metagross bullet punch after rocks. Tapu Fini is for mandatory hazard removal. The EVs allow me to outspeed standard coil zygarde. Ferrothorn gives me a needed check to Koko, since it is one of the best revenge killer for Zard. As much as I don't like spikes on a team with defog, Ferro just works too well on this team to not have it. Scarf Greninja gives a nice revenge killer for Volc and RP Lando. Defensive Lando gives me rocks, as well as a ground immunity and a Mawile Check. The team is weak to kinda weak to Lele and Metagross, but still a fun team nonetheless.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- Hammer Arm

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Toxic

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Nihilego @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave

Now we get into the more fun teams. I made a successful OU team last gen with Hydreigon (actually I made it to around 1800 on ladder), so I wanted to build around one this gen too (also Hydreigon is my favorite mon too). While Hydreigon has some things going for it, like the drop in Clef and the fact it outspeeds Lele and Mimikyu, the rise in other fairies hurt it. I do believe Hydreigon has a solid niche in OU, as LO Hydra is hard to swap into. It also has some bulk, allowing it to take some hits when it needs to. Mega Metagross is Hydreigon's best partner, as it checks most fairies that threaten Hydra, like Lele and Fini. Banded Zygarde can weaken things like Tapu Fini and Celesteela, which annoy Hydra. AV Tang gives me a check to Ash-gren and Tapu Koko. Defensive Lando (again) gives me rocks and a ground immunity. Scarf Nihilego is a great revenge killer for things like volcarona and zard y. It also doubles as a late game cleaner thanks to it's incredible snowballing potential with beast boost. This is probably my favorite SM team so far.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Shed Shell
Ability: Magician
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Dark Pulse
- Gunk Shot

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian @ Rockium Z
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Spikes

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power

Greninja @ Choice Scarf
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Hydro Pump

This Hoopa set is pure fire. It isn't entirely my idea, since I discussed this with dogknees and Hayburner in the OU chat. NP Shed Shell Hoopa destroys stall almost single-handedly. Gunk Shot allows Hoopa to hit Clefable and Tapu Fini really hard. Helmet Tang is a fantastic partner, since it checks Mega Meta for Hoopa. It also can potentially give Hoopa free turns with sleep powder. Dual Dance Lando (yay finally not defensive) gives me a fantastic late game cleaner AND an early game breaker in one mon. Rockium Z allows me to break Celesteela for Hoopa, as well as Skarmory and opposing Lando. Sp. Def Ferro gives me a check to Koko and Ash gren. The EVs let me take 2 specs dark pulses from Ash gren after rocks and lefties. Wisp Tran gives me rocks + a Mega Maw/Mega Sciz check. Scarf gren gives me a revenge killer for Volc and Lando, and a great momentum grabber with U-Turn, since Gren forces a lot of switches. This team is SO FUN. I highly recommend trying this one out.

Well, that's all! Hope you guys enjoy these teams. :]

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind making a team built around Tapu Bulu and Volcarona? In theory they have good synergy together, with Bulu able to take out stuff like Chansey, Pyukamukyu and Unaware Clefable and Volcarona able to take out stuff like Celesteela and Skarmory.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Horn Leech / Zen Headbutt

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ground
- Giga Drain

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Counter

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Greninja @ Wave Incense
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Taunt

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Spear
- Freeze-Dry

Since the cat's out of the bag about Sash + Counter Zam when Subject 18 mentioned it in the VR (though if you followed UU you might already know about it), might as well post this now.

So yeah the Counter Zam set works best with Spikes. It's simply ineffective if opponents continually switch out and you're hitting them with weak moves (or a Counter that does nothing at all). Spikes provide insurance against people who know that you have Counter, plus hazards + Magic Guard mons are always good. So yeah wanted to make it with Ferro for Spikes. Added Taunt Ash Gren because why not, seemed lit and works well with Knock Ferro. Rocks Tran completes the hazard core, old school Bloom Doom just so I can one shot Finis and keep hazards up. Lava Plume > Magma Storm always cuz screw missing and this punishes mons like Zygarde more for switching in. 30% to burn over 25% to miss here imo, though you do have to be more careful about scouting since they won't be trapped. Scarf Lati patches up some speed weaknesses, a Keldeo weakness, and revenge kills just about everything needed. Tbolt as general coverage to smack Ash Greninjas and whatnot. Last slot I wanted a ground type and a breaker, LO Mamo fit the bill and pressures stuff like Garchomp. Icicle Spear is kinda hot for Mimikyu, Smeargle, Scolipede, and Sub mons like Zygarde. Freeze-Dry isn't really necessary you could try Superpower, but I liked it for weakening Rotom, and easing predictions against cores like Keldeo + Lando. Also it ohkos Pelipper which is lit af. So yeah without Counter Zam this team gets totally blown away by stuff like DD Zygarde, Mega Pinsir, and so forth. Use it wisely

BTW play aggressive. Also f Medicham

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)