Project Ultra SM Break This Team - WK 48 SKEs tail glow manaphy Rain (Voting)

I like Core 3 and Core 6.

Core 3 because I've used LO Dual Chop Chomp and it's great vs. webs. Rotom is a nice check to unboosted Celesteela/Pinsir. Core 6 because Thundurus threatens the whole team and can potentially keep off webs if they can win the 50/50. OTR Magearna is great vs. webs (I know from experience, I use this mon a lot), so those two together can beat webs pretty solidly.

Im going to vote for Core 3 and Core 4

Core 3
Dual Chop chomp is a legit set and a great answer to sash leads like smergle in the current meta and it definatly causes trouble to the current team. It can both run rocks or SD so is customisable and pairs decently with Rotom wash who can pivot Chomp back in safely as well as beat the flyspam core
Core 4 Double Kick Terrakion is unusual but it does put in work vs webs and can work similarly to dual chop chomp but does have issues vs ghosts. That said it beats smergle and gets rocks up making Ash Grens life easier who does well vs this team when not slowed by webs. The 2 work well togethor and I'd like to see more of this core in action

Core 6
Thundurus threatens a heavy hit on every member and can Taunt Smeargle to prevent Webs ( if you win the 50/ 50). Trick Room works great because if the Webs go up, you are almost guaranteed to be slower

Thanks to everyone who has contributed this week. I appreaciate all your contributions. Voting is now over and We have a winner....I pleased to announce that none other then Myself Creator of Chaos am the winner. I mean I know Im great but to win? I must be in some sort of weird fairyless dream. Ah well I'll wake up soon lest we all live a nightmare. Thanks again

Vote Tally
Core 1 - 2
Core 2 - :(
Core 3 - 2
Core 4 - 1
Core 5 - 0
Core 6 - 3

Now in keeping with the whole gimmick mons Theme That has plagued OUs the last few months this weeks Team will Double Fairy Trick room stolen once more from the OU sample thread (Page 3), The team has had reasonable success on the ladder and in recent suspects. While not as meta defining as webs and Stall its still something that good teambuilders must account for in SUMO.

Sets:
Uxie @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Trick Room

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang
- Sucker Punch

Magearna @ Electrium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Swords Dance

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Explanation:
Thanks to great new tools like Magearna and a legal mega mawile Trick room finally has the tools it needs to shine in Sumo. The 2 Steel Fairies provide both the teams Offenseive and defensive backbone using there typing to blancket check much of the meta while there fantastic stabs and coverage attack on both sides of the spectrum. From there its a matter of handling the Fire/Ground weakness while laying down trick room for both to sweep. Uxie is the prefered lead with good bulk as well as levitate letting it led against ground types while giving early momentum and easy trick room, Cresselia gives a healing wish to any other member for a 2nd chance to sweep while detering bulky grounds from setting up with Ice beam and just being a general nuisance. Crawduant and Marowak round out the team absorbing fire attacks directed at the core while offering there own form of wallbreaking which under Trick room crush anything the core cant themselves. Crawduant is a pain to switch into outside of Fat Grass's and Fairies 2 types Marowak eliminates with ease.

Anyway I wish you all the best of luck, Please follow the rules of the thread and if you have any questions please message me or my co-host. You may all now post

+literally anything

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Heatran @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Taunt

Mega Heracross crushes this team pretty much single handedly. Nothing lives at +2 and Hera outspeeds everything on the team outside of Trick Room. If you lead with Hera it even prevents Uxie from setting anything up with Pin Missile. The only 2 mons on Trick Room that live an unboosted hit are Mawile and Megearna (Maw needs to be mega evolved though). Since Hera does such a great job verses this team his teammate isn't crazy important (1 mon nomination? lol) but I'm going to include Heatran here. Heatran switches into the fairies that can survive an unboosted hit from Hera and prevent Trick Room with Taunt. Heatran also hits most of the team super effectively. Like I said though, Hera is the main mon here.

Last edited:

Scribble

formerly Dartrix - Joker
is a Contributor to Smogon
+

Tbh Raikou is the main mon here and does the actual job of breaking the team. Lando-T is just pivot + rocks support.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

This team can't really do anything to SubCM Raikou once it starts boosting. Alowak isn't Lightning Rod so Tbolt just blasts through it and everything else after enough boosts. Raikou's Leftovers and bulk lets it come in multiple times in the game if it's threatened out and can just start boosting again. Lando-T is a ncie pivot to Alowak and Mega Mawile if TR is up and Raikou isn't behind a Sub, and it also provides U-Turn into Raikou and Stealth Rock to let it break the team easier. Pretty self explanatory, just boost with Raikou whenever possible and win the game.

Here's a replay of the core breaking the team (excuse the Metagross, old replay, but works just as well):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-561869992

And one vs basically the same team but with Azumarill over Crawdaunt
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-561871129

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Everything in this team is at least 2HKOed by Hydreigon, who also outspeeds the entire team if Trick Room isn't up. Ferrothorn provides Spikes support to soften the opponent's team, walling Magearna and burning Trick Room turns with Protect.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-587376707 - With a little prediction, Hydreigon takes out Mawile under Trick Room and sweeps the entire team with Spikes support.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-587402614 - Ferrothorn gives Spikes support to weaken the opposing team. Although the ending shows Mawile beating Magearna and Cresselia, by then, the team is already too weakened to prevent a Hydreigon sweep.

EDIT: I would also like to add that this team relies on Grounded Pokemon, which makes it very susceptible to Spikes, especially since it needs to give up turns setting up Trick Room. Trick Room teams are also reliant on manual switching so things with coverage like Hydreigon or breakers like Mawile makes it cry.

Last edited:
Wasn't able to submit a Core this time because of some IRL stuff, but I'm gonna have to vote for Core 1. Mega Hera is hard for this team to deal with in general, and Heatran can deal with the two mons that can potentially annoy Hera outside of room. Honestly though, all submissions were great this week.

Thank you to everyone who participated this week. Congrats to Expert_Occultist for winning this week with his Hera + Heatran core

Vote Tally
Core 1 - 3
Core 3 - 2

Anyway welcome to week 5 of break this Team featuring a team stolen from Player of the week. This week we have Double ground Drag Mag made by OU Council member Finchinator which featured in the recent SPL. Solid team in the current meta which while having some minor issue's with Fairy spam deals with most of what is available fairly well thanks to good offensive pressure

Sets
Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 84 SpD / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Smack Down

Zygarde @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Stone Edge
- Scald

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 224 HP / 60 SpA / 216 SpD / 8 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Explanation:
This is a team that I used in OUPL vs JayStaice for my third win in my 4-1 campaign. I wanted to try to use something like DragMag in generation five and I figure that with Mega-Metagross gone, Latios was as good a place to start as possible. I also wanted to use Dragon Dance Zygarde because a lot of people do not prepare or plan to encounter this as they only expect band, but this set is underrated and does so well given how common Landorus-Therian and Tangrowth are in the current metagame. Thankfully, my opponent also seemed vulnerable to Zygarde and it was displayed in this battle in the fashion I hoped it to be. As for the other members, AV Magnezone fit well as it synergizes offensive with the Dragon types while it also works defensively as it checks Tapu Lele and other things. Smack Down Earth Plate Landorus-Therian was added to apply pressure, get Stealth Rock up, and abuse an underrated move, in Smack Down, all while helping with the stall match-up (which is not an auto-win, but is winnable). Finally, AV Tangrowth and Scarf Keldeo were added on to help with Greninja, speed control, Tapu Koko, and general defensive utility that I can elaborate on if needed, but it's seemingly straightforward. The "win condition" of the team is DD Zygarde, but if you put Specs Latios into a position where you are taking something down every time you come in safely, then odds are you're going to be in the driver's seat, too. Overall, this is a fun, offensive team that works relatively well in the current metagame!

Anyway I wish you all the best of luck, Please follow the rules of the thread and if you have any questions please message me or my co-host. You may all now post

Reserving Mega Pinsir + Weavile

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake

Weavile @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Mega Pinsir is able to absolutely shred this team almost single handedly. The only flying resist is Magnezone, which gets blown away by an Earthquake. Pinsir can easily set up vs. Tangrowth, but even a neutral Pinsir does a number to this team. If it is able to get an SD up, it is able to outspeed 4/6 of the members and kill them with a Return/EQ. Keldeo outspeeds but dies to a +2 Quick Attack. Latios is the only Pokemon that can take a hit once its at +2 (doesnt die to +2 quick attack). Thats where weavile comes in. Weavile is able to Pursuit trap Latios, which leaves the door wide open for Pinsir to sweep once it SD's up. Weavile itself is able to do a lot to this team too, as the only Dark resist still takes a lot from a CB/LO Knock Off. It can outspeed every member bar Keldeo and kill them with Knock Off/Icicle Crash (besides magnezone, which still takes a ton from knock). Both Life Orb and Choice Band Weavile work here, it basically comes down to personal preference.

252 Atk Pinsir-Mega Earthquake vs. 68 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 444-524 (148.9 - 175.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 385-454 (107.8 - 127.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tangrowth: 746-882 (184.6 - 218.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 214-253 (71 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (only mon that takes a hit at +2. will die with just a bit of chip though)

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 390-458 (120.7 - 141.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 370-436 (115.9 - 136.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 122-144 (37.7 - 44.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (solid damage for a resisted hit)

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 672-792 (188.2 - 221.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 222-264 (73.7 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (this is if lati stays in btw)

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tangrowth: 324-384 (80.1 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 576-676 (180.5 - 211.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 68 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 199-235 (66.7 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Reserving greninga + tangrowth. Will post tonight

+

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Giga Drain

Explanation: The Team pretty much has no switch in to the above greninja set Save for a well predicted Keldeo who dies to Extrasenory and Zygarde who has to come in cleanly when Gren is low enough for E-speed to kill. Pretty much once gren gets in something is going to have to die for either to Get a chance which is never a good thing. Tangrowth Rounds out the core by giving a secondary answer to Zygarde which if by some chance gets a DD off becomes problematic. Tangrowth Beats most zygarde sets as well handle keldeo if its choice locked. Overall Solid answer to the above team

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-591497854

Last edited:

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 116 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- U-turn
- Scald
- Hurricane

So this team kinda just autoloses to rain even with Tangrowth's status as a Water resist since Mega Swampert's Ice Punch straight up 2HKOes it after Rocks and Pelipper's Hurricane does the same. Nothing else on the team is able to come in on Mega Swampert without being mauled by its STABs and coverage. The only thing that could have been troublesome is Keldeo since rain boosted Hydro Pump hits Swampert really hard, but Pelipper is able to tank hits, Roost up, and throw out strong Hurricanes. Zygarde could also be an issue if it happens to accrue a boost or two.

Magearna @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Volcarona @ Charti Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice

Volcarona on its own can sweep pretty easily through the team as if it gets up a quiver dance, the only things that can revenge kill it is latios's draco meteor into zygarde's extreme speed. Magearna can also sweep with All Out Pummeling knocking out Magnezone and boltbeam having perfect coverage. Magearna also can take advantage of Latios clicking draco meteor against Volcarona because it can set up vs it.

Last edited:
`Reserving 4 Attacks mixed Mamoswine + Flyinium Z Moxie Gyarados

Sets

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Taunt

Explanation: Upon seeing Mamoswine, the opponent has one viable lead in Keldeo if he doesn't want something to die or be heavily crippled immediately. That's where Gyarados comes in, as it can proceed to set up on Keldeo, and then nuke a switch in, or just get off chip on a switch in like Latios/Magnezone for a later sweep.

Freeze-Dry can help ease predictions if your Mamoswine is in on Zygarde, and get off clean damage on Keldeo.

Calculations

Freeze Dry on Keldeo

16 SpA Life Orb Mamoswine Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 166-198 (51.3 - 61.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Stone Edge doesn't even 2HKO Gyarados if you lead Gyarados and you decide to DD

4 Atk Keldeo Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Gyarados: 134-158 (40.4 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

If Gyarados gets to +1

252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 278-330 (87.1 - 103.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Bounce vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 244-288 (81.6 - 96.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 322-381 (90.1 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

or you can wait till you get it to 50% over the course of the match so a regular waterfall kills

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 162-192 (45.3 - 53.7%) -- 40.2% chance to 2HKO

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 169-201 (56.9 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

These also don't account for the fact that if Mamoswine can nuke something with a Supersonic Skystrike+Waterfall, then it's going to snowball into either a sweep or a punch a big hole in the team.

Mamoswine can almost singlehandedly 6-0 this team, but Gyarados is there to abuse the Keldeo switch in to get off chip damage, or just sweep/punch some holes to make Mamoswine predictions easier.

This core also works wonderfully outside this match-up, as Mamoswine can help facilitate a Gyarados sweep by luring Rotom-W, softening Ferrothorn and bulky grasses, being a soft check to fast electrics and Zapdos, while Gyarados helps Mamoswine by also softening Ferrothorn, handling Skarmory and stall with taunt.

Last edited:
OTR Magearna + Mega Mawile.

Magearna @ Fairium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang

This team is a HO team, which relies on Offensively checking threats. This means that it relies a lot on Tangrowth and Offensive Lando to soft check attacks but they all fall in 2 hits to Mega Mawile. Once the Tangrowth and Magnezone have been weakened a bit, Magearna can set up a Trick Room and clean up the opponent's team, only being undersped by Tangrowth, which it can muscle past anyway.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-591502058 - Leading with Mega Mawile generates a lot of pressure on the opponent because as stated, nothing can take its hits. Once AV Tangrowth and Magnezone are weakened, Magearna sweeps.

Last edited:

Weavile @ Life orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Volcarona @ Charti Berry / Firium Z, they play differently but both dominate
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ice

TL;DR Weavile removes Keldeo's Choice Scarf and traps/damages Latios so Volcarona can set up on Magnezone or Tangrowth and sweep, using HP Ice for Latios and Zygarde. Weavile is, itself, a huge threat to the team that is only sort of kept in check by Keldeo and Espeed.

-----

The team has precious little counterplay to Weavile. Latios, Zygarde, Landorus-T, and Tangrowth basically drop to Icicle Crash; The first three can be hit with 100%-accurate alternatives as well. Magnezone drops to two Knock Offs.

The team's only viable Weavile switch-in is Keldeo. Keldeo takes a good amount of chip from Knock Off, and also loses its Choice Scarf.

So, after Weavile's had its fun, Volcarona can come in. The team is packing two things that can outspeed it to get damage off (Zygarde and Keldeo), as well as two things that can tank a hit off its standard set (Latios and Zygarde) as its counterplay.

HP Ice, in addition to easing the Lando-T matchup, will OHKO Zygarde at +1 and do serious damage otherwise.

If Volcarona hasn't taken any prior damage and it has Charti Berry, it can QD up versus SEdge Keldeo and Giga Drain itself back to good health (depending on what damage Keldeo's taken beforehand); otherwise, you have to wait to sweep until Weavile has pressured Keldeo into giving up its Choice Scarf.

Latios is trickier. If it KOs a teammate with a draco, Volcarona can set up on it, but it needs two +1 HP Ices, or a +2 Inferno Overdrive, to OHKO from full; if Latios lands a -2 and -4 Draco Meteor, it will have done enough damage for Zygarde to revenge kill Volcarona. You'll need to either get chip damage or outright KO it with Weavile's Pursuit beforehand.

Volcarona is best at setting up if it gets in clean versus Magnezone or Tangrowth, or if Keldeo locks itself into Secret Sword -- all of which do about 30-40%. Get a QD in (two if you haven't fucked up Keldeo and Latios yet) and just start clicking buttons. Tbolt/EQ/SS from one of these + Espeed won't KO, Tbolt/EQ/SS + Charti'd Stone Edge won't KO, Draco + Espeed can KO. All of these calcs are eased if you can get Giga Drain in vs. something it's neutral towards.

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 468-554 (156.5 - 185.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 499-593 (156.4 - 185.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 142-168 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- 16.8% chance to 2HKO
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 234-281 (73.3 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Koff + Ice Shard always KOs)

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 582-691 (162.5 - 193%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 270-328 (75.4 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 110-133 (30.7 - 37.1%) -- 67.9% chance to 3HKO
(Koff + Ice Shard always KOs)

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Tangrowth: 161-191 (40.5 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Tangrowth: 283-335 (71.2 - 84.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Tangrowth: 133-159 (33.5 - 40%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Pursuit vs. 224 HP / 0 Def Tangrowth: 66-79 (16.6 - 19.8%) -- possible 6HKO
(Icicle Crash + Koff/Ice Shard/80BP Pursuit always KOs)

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 173-204 (58.2 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 117-138 (39.3 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(Two Knock Offs have a 15/16 chance to KO Magnezone)

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 105-125 (32.5 - 38.6%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 324-384 (101.5 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 284-336 (79.3 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 424-500 (118.4 - 139.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(+0 HP Ice will KO after Weavile's Knock Off)

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 224 HP / 216+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 420-494 (105.7 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(+0 vs Vestless is the same)

252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. 64 HP / 84 SpD Assault Vest Magnezone: 248-294 (83.5 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(+0 Fire Blast will KO after Weavile's Knock Off or Icicle Crash)

+1 252 SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 186-220 (61.7 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 113-134 (36.3 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

-2 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 153-180 (49.1 - 57.8%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
(+0 Draco vs. +2 Volcarona is the same)
-4 252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Draco Meteor vs. +2 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 51-61 (16.3 - 19.6%) -- possible 6HKO
(-2 Draco + -4 Draco + Espeed will KO Volcarona)

252+ SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 103-123 (33.1 - 39.5%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO

0 Atk Tangrowth Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 102-121 (32.7 - 38.9%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO

0 Atk Keldeo Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charti Berry Volcarona: 158-186 (50.8 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 230-272 (73.9 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 98-116 (31.5 - 37.2%) -- 84% chance to 3HKO

Last edited:
Im gonna vote for Core 1 and Core 6

Weavile Just monters this team and while it doesn't quite 6-0 it comes pretty close to it. With the Exception of keldeo who still doesn't enjoy the scarf being knocked off nothing wants to swtich in. In the first core Keldeo is beaten by Pinser who also does decently against the rest of the team.

In Core 6 Keldeo is overwelmed by forcing it to switch repeadtly into weavle and Charti volcarona which once keldeo falls has a fairly easy time of sweeping the team.

Overall all the cores are solid but those 2 stand out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)