Other Metagames [SM BH] Thermp's first RMT - Stall Destroyer

Introduction

Before I begin, I must formally let everyone know that I'm finished with Bh, it was fun but to be honest it's not fun anymore for me.
You may know me as Thermp

I made this team because I was tired of the magic bounce, imposter, shedinja, regen core that was running rampant in the meta for some time. I also wanted a team that could destroy most stall teams and be 100% improofed. I've succeeded and this is my best and only stall team in BH.
I have no replays unfortunately nor ladder peaks to brag about but those who've faced my team know its not easy to beat. I have peaked #3 on the ladder many times using various alts, its a drag to get to 1700s hence the lack of fun.​

Teambuilding Process

I started off with teravolt Xern to set spikes, kill shedinja and switch out with an unabated parting shot
1544491559508.png

Next was my go to wall that's 100% better than imposter I might add is Ms. fc chansey because it was the obvious choice against most variants of mmy, -ate and triage Quaza
1544491584129.png

Giratina is there for ghost immunities, bulk and an annoying hazer. Also keeps the team from falling apart to heavy hitting threats where chansey fails.

Aegislash was once registeel but he got changed to ensure yveltal was 100% improofed.

Yveltal switched roles with diagla obtaining the regen ability as it lacked the defensive power to withstand shell smash normie gengar and shift gear gigas.

Diagla serves the magic bounce role better as his physical bulk is enough for giratina

The Team

-ate? Eat this (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Whirlwind
- Metal Burst
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

My go to mon for mmy, -ate and gengar. I'ts meant to take punishment and dish it out ten fold(sike) with Metal Burst. Whirlwind is for tail glowers and quiver dancers as well as phasing out my opponents team once hazards are up. and soft boiled for healing. Stealth rock for hazard setting especially if xerneas/Giratina is impostered.

Chansey is improofed by diagla while also being a great switch in if imposter comes in on xerneas.​

Behave yourself (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Haze
- Destiny Bond
- Heal Order

Where sunsteel and physical photon geysers exist, Giratina is my mon for suicide plays with destiny bond or healing off the damage. Great wall for pdon, mmx, and shell smash dark types. Haze ensures boosts are done in vain with spectral thief to take them away if they persist to boost. Goggles for obvious reasdons.

Improofed by yveltal and chansey.

anti shedinja (Xerneas) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Moonblast
- Parting Shot
- Strength Sap

Shedinja who? Simple yet effective Xerneas, spikes to deter continuous switch-ins and drain health. Moonblast as a perfect STAB to hit dark, dragon types and mmx. Strength sap to take away physical attackers powers(+Def to live + Adamant Stab sunsteel from everything not named kartana, and it laughs at mmx and poops on pdon if it outspeeds). Parting shot to lower opponents offensive capabilities and switch in appropriate responses as well as Z crystal to heal a severely damaged member of the team to full health.

Improofed by itself, chansey and aegislash.​

Spin blocker (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink
- Toxic
- Entrainment
- Anchor Shot

Steel types were a pain to deal with especially regen steels so why not ruin their fun with a corrosion surprise toxic. Anchor shot was used to trap fairies and remove their abilities not named magic bounce with Entrainment. Milk Drink because who doesnt like seeing a sword soaked in its victims milk like blood (bad joke). As the name suggests it denies any spinner from trying to remove hazards and lets them pay.

Improofed by diagla.​

Spread your legs (Yveltal) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Poison Fang
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

An annoyance on the team, just when you thought you were safe with magic bounce non steel type, yveltal comes in with the poison fang to ensure at least half/ your entire team is poisoned. Rapid spin to remove hazards and infinite pp? Spectral thief to steal boosts and u-turn for utility and keeping momentum in my favor. Dark types are also great against pranks and choiced mewtwos.

Improofed by Aegislash.​

I don't like u (Dialga) @ Bright Powder
Ability: Magic Bounce
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Heal Order

Bright Powder because why not? Many game changing misses have been contributed to this little item. This is my sole defense against pheal boosters and sleep spammers. Semi-easily defeats regigigas with anchor shot and core enforcer while it steals the boosts from special pheal users and just beats them at their own game.

Improofed by chansey​

Possible Threats

1. Contrary puts some serious dents if the right mons aren't in or switched in. CHansey handles the specials and Giratina handles the physicals. Rayquaza says my team is bad
  2. Shell smash or boosts in general. Can get out of hand if I don't predict it and don't send in Giratina
  3. Replaying the opponent. Unless you're consistent with the formlua and know ways how to "switch it up" this may cause lil problems but you should win
  4. Misplays. Very easy with this team
  5. Bad RNG. Surprise crits can mean game over pretty quickly
Shoutouts
loser2017 , Bro thanks for always being there for me when I was down, keeping me afloat to make the best teams I could without relying on imposter. Make the meta great in my absence bro.
SomeIrish, Free Kyurem!!! Always good to face and a great friend
Greenheroes , the best rival a guy could ask for. Unique, strong and unpredictable.
@DuckyMomoJunior & CROW'S BANE , This is for DUcky so please tell him, he's my bestfriend and got me really into BH
Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) , You're awesome and make amazing teams but you don't respect me (which is fine)
Storm Eagle , I just "met" you but you have been a good voice of reasoning in the Discussions that take place in the forums so big up to you Sir
Semako , Semak Attack keep being cool
SuperSkylake , Great friend, keep battling past your mons capabilities
morogrim , E4 Flint , motherlove, Balanced Freakmons I respect what you have done for the meta, Mr. Flint please make/allow the meta to be fun and balanced again

Anyone I've missed I'm sorry, and the others who weren't included idgaf about you

Conclusion

The main playstyle of the team is to lead with xern and set spikes/just parting shot away. Wear down the team with poison damage and spikes and you should be fine. Thank you for taking the time out to read my first RMT, you are welcomed to critique, appraise or let me know how you feel about the team or my playstyle/teambuilding. It was fun making this team and using it was like therapy because I hate stall :)

As this is my formal departure from the meta(pokemon in general really) I must sincerely apologize to those players who have faced the wrath of my uncouth and cancerous comments made towards you because of your use of imposter or some other cancerous thing(spore spam, boosting, cuntrary). I hope I didn't seriously offend anyone (ignore button exists) and I'm actually a good guy who wants to see this meta grow. I've helped so many people with their teambuilding and team chemistry, gave persons strategies to improve their showdown experiences and provided encouragement on those ever so often "bad days"

Thank you for the battles, competition, fun times and life lessons.

Peace Out, Importable below.​

-ate? Eat this (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
Level: 99
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Whirlwind
- Metal Burst
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Behave yourself (Giratina) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Haze
- Destiny Bond
- Heal Order

anti shedinja (Xerneas) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Teravolt
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Moonblast
- Parting Shot
- Strength Sap

Spin blocker (Aegislash) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink
- Toxic
- Entrainment
- Anchor Shot

Spread your legs (Yveltal) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Poison Fang
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

I don't like u (Dialga) @ Bright Powder
Ability: Magic Bounce
Relaxed Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Core Enforcer
- Spectral Thief
- Heal Order

Last edited:
On the subject of your xern, because quite honestly, it's mediocre for the purpose you're trying to serve. If you truly want to slaughter that (piece of garbage) shedinja, you need to change out moonblast for photon geyser or moongest beam. Other than that, neat team, I love using it :)

On the subject of your xern, because quite honestly, it's mediocre for the purpose you're trying to serve. If you truly want to slaughter that (piece of garbage) shedinja, you need to change out moonblast for photon geyser or moongest beam. Other than that, neat team, I love using it :)
Teravolt ignores abilities, which means Moonblast is sufficient to KO shedinja

To prevent this from being a oneliner, how do you keep this team from getting smashed by Normalize Mega Gengar? It looks extremely threatening to me. Yveltal has no Revelation Dance and Giratina takes a ton from Judgment even without boosts.

To prevent this from being a oneliner, how do you keep this team from getting smashed by Normalize Mega Gengar? It looks extremely threatening to me. Yveltal has no Revelation Dance and Giratina takes a ton from Judgment even without boosts.
I see you have yveltal to cancel out stored power, or else I would suggest rev dance kyogre, but that'll make u real weak to psychic types, which Mewtwosheerforce LOVES to spam, so maybe make chansey an imposter-blissey with mind plate? it gives you a great switchin to gengar-mega and allows you to sweep their team with that. #DazzlingGengarIsBetter. You could also look into Sassy Pogre with spectral rapid rev dance and nuzzle or uturn, which could give you synergy at the loss of yveltal.

I see you have yveltal to cancel out stored power, or else I would suggest rev dance kyogre, but that'll make u real weak to psychic types, which Mewtwosheerforce LOVES to spam, so maybe make chansey an imposter-blissey with mind plate? it gives you a great switchin to gengar-mega and allows you to sweep their team with that. #DazzlingGengarIsBetter. You could also look into Sassy Pogre with spectral rapid rev dance and nuzzle or uturn, which could give you synergy at the loss of yveltal.
Mind Plate Blissey is a horrible idea, since the only reason I would ever run Blissey is with Choice Scarf or Spooky Plate. Sassy Pogre is quite a lot of sets, like RegenVest or Unaware. I think only targeting specific Pokemon for change while not looking at other teammates is a bad idea for team building or rating.

Reserving a rate as well

Chansey whirlwinds it out, and if hazards are up, it dies eventually and magic bounce diagla is a thing with spectral thief

I despise the imposter ability so that's a no

Imposter is a phenomenal ability, and it needs to have an answer on every team whether you like it or not. Thats just how bh is

morogrim

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Cool team, the only problems I see as of now is that NormGar can be an issue if Dialga is chipped, or if it's the last mon on your opponent's team (Whirlwind won't work). Also, I like the idea of using Poison Fang on Yveltal to force Rapid Spins, but keep in mind that this won't work on mons such as PH/Comatose Giratina or Aegislash. The obvious solution to both of these problems would be to replace either Spectral Thief or Poison Fang with Revelation Dance on Yveltal, but there's still a tradeoff for making that replacement. I'd also consider running min Speed on Yveltal so you can underspeed the variations of mons that run 209 Speed (such as some Giratina that run a little bit of Spe investment so they are faster than neutral base 90 mons after a V-create).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)