ORAS OU Slowbro 'nd Accessories [1400+]

Slowbro 'nd Accessories
[look at that intense stare]

This team is centered around a volt-turn combo and the new biggest, baddest, bulkiest, slowest threat in the ORAS release. Although he was overshadowed by some of the more popular mega-realeses in 7th gen (i know its a rework but thats what im considering it lol), it is not to be taken lightly. The focus of the team is to pick off Mega-Slowbro's threats, and then set up calm on a neutral poke. The volt-turn combo allows great momentum as well as picking off and widdling the threats that oppose him. It has proven to be mildy successful but, with some flaws i could use advice on. Without further adeu, let's get into it!

--------------------------------------------
The Team

-------------------------------------------​

Landorus-Therian @

Intimidate

Jolly Nature
Evs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spd

- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian is the first of the pack. He forms the Volt-Turn combo previously mentioned alongside Rotom-Wash and Raikou. He runs scarf with jolly to outspeed as much as possible, the standard scarf set of course with a little dumped into Def for bulk + intimidate. Earthquake and Stone Edge are the normal STABS and Superpower over Knock Off because i dont have many answeres to Ferrothorn except for this but it typically doesnt serve a huge problem to this team. Not much to explain on this set we all know its sucessful! He is paired with Raikou because he cover raikous only weakness, Ground, and has u-turn in his movepool.

Raikou @

Pressure

Timid Nature
Evs: 32 HP / 252 SpAtk / 224 Spd

- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Shadow Ball

For the second slot, I decided to pair up Landorus with Raikou! He serves as the second part of the Volt-Turn combo. Timid Nature because with a base 115 Speed lets raikou outspeed base 110's which alot of megas including Gallade, Lopunny, and Metagross, and also outspeeds Timid Specs Keldeo. 252 SpAtk for max power and 224 speed timid allows it to outspeed those threats with the rest dumped into HP for added Bulk. Thunderbolt for STAB thats a little more powerful than Volt Switch, HP Ice handles Ground Types and dragons. Shadowball over Extrasensory and Aura Sphere because I run Slowbro for poison and fighting types and Superpower on Landorus-T for Steel Types. This turn combo lets me keep up my momentum and pivot switch easily once all ground types have been removed. Thanks to the suggestions by Puzzle King I decided to switch from SPECS to AV. The added bulk lets me take on and work around greninja more often and because i can switch around moves if someone predicts my electric move i can switch it up and HP ice rather than being trapped by dugtrio or having to switch into a fodder poke!

Slowbro @

Regenerator - Shell Armour

Bold Nature
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef

- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock
- Scald

Ah the threat... Mega Slowbro! This thing is a physical wall with a whopping 504 Def after mega evolving positive nature of course. Obvious item Slowbronite, however that image isnt possible yet so thats a mewtwonite-y but ignore that! Regenerator as a pre-evo ability is actually very important. Slowbro is very weak to special attacks, infact its special defense is horrific. Just incase slowbro switches in and i get predicted or someones running an unexpected move, it allows me to pivot and get back some HP. Bold Nature to give him as much Def as possible. His EVs are standard of a physical wall. Now into the movepool! He is born to be a bulky sweeper! Slowbro Patches up his weak special defense with calm mind and at the same time gets that sweep ready. Slack off Lets him get his HP back since leftovers and regenerator arent possible. Psyshock and Scald Standard STABs. Slowbro can set up in the face of alot but he generally needs steel, and powerful electric and grass types gone.

Ferrothorn @

Iron Barbs

Relaxed Nature
Evs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpDef / 0 Spd IV

- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed

Ferrothorn is the stealth rocker/mixed wall of the team. Ferrothorn patches up some of the weaknesses on the team like the obvious water/rain team weakness. Even though Slowbro does resist he doesnt want to take a life orb greninja hydro pump, it hurts belive me. Relaxed Nature and 0 Speed IV's because i run gyro ball on this set. His Evs allow him to to take on both special and physical attacks amazingly well. I didnt want this thing to be a taunt fodder so he runs power whips for the huge annoyance known as Mega-Swampert which OHKOs after rocks. Leech seed for pseudo-recovery and allows me to switch into something and maybe get recovery as well.

Latios @

Levitate

Timid Nature
Evs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd

-Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick

This team so far lacked a way of getting rid of rocks and i didnt want to run excadrill for another ground/water/fighting/fire weakness to this team. Convieniently Latios covers all these weaknesses and fills in the Defog/Dragon role of the team. Timid Nature to tie/outspeed other base 110's. Defog for hazard control, Draco and Psyshock for STAB pretty standard. Thanks to the suggestion from Genesis9507! I play tested and found Scarf latios trick lets me work around stall teams alot better by scarfing a staller. I no longer need roost simply because i dont have a life orb anymore so i wont be widdling down my own hp and theres usually a high chance i trick a leftovers.

Rotom-Wash @

Levitate

Bold Nature
Evs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd

- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

I didn't want bird spam to end this life of this team and although slowbro covers the def, u-turns over time will wear him down and choice band STAB Brave Birds will hurt him eventually, also he has the volt switch I love so much. Bold Nature and leftovers lets him sap up brave birds like its nothing. Standard Defensive set not much to explain other than Pain Split. I dont like rest as a personal option because its a one time use without chesto berry. After all a sleeping rotom is a useless one. He also keeps up momentum and will-O lets him widdle down bulkier pokes and cripple physical ones but thats not usually an issue.

Threats

Greninja

This thing is fast. A little too fast for me, even though my team runs scarf lando which can easily take this frail thing down, ESPECIALLY since gunk shot versions are running around, but other than him, i dont really thing i have any answers. Rotom is 2HKO with dark pulse along side SLOWBRO because he cant take special attacks and LATIOS.

Gothitelle

This thing generally runs thunderbolt or energy ball. In either case, before calm mine i need to play extra careful with this thing because if the opponent predicts me right they can either calm mind setup on me, or take out potentially both of my walls Slowbro, and Rotom. In the off chance it runs shadowball, it could give latios and issue if he KOs something. So i need to be generally careful with him.

Sceptile

Mega-Sceptile. This thing is a threat to almost everything on any team just because of that speed. Outspeeds and Kos Latios, Outspeeds and KOs Slowbro, Outspeed and KO's Rotom, cant volt switch properly because of Raikou and lightning rod. With Landorus gone this thing serves an issue my only really wall to it is ferrothorn.

Clefable

Clefable. *Tsk Tsk* a Stealth Rock set i can handle thats not an issue most of the time, Calm Mind sets on the other hand, um thats a whole different case. If this thing sets up a calm mind on latios or ferrothorn it could pose to be a bigger problem than i want it to. Will-O cant widdle her down and life orb + softboiled aw man. Ferrothorn is covered by flamethrower too.

Probably a whole lot more i cant think of at the moment feel free to add any you see...

Importable

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Slack Off

Landorus (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Conclusion

This team focuses on a balanced bulky-offense type playstyle, my favorite style to play thus far. Feel free to use this team to test or to just play with but if you do give me credit haha i love teambuilding and playing as well. Also criticize to the max its why im here. The team has laddered to about 1490 at its peak but since then, tilt, my skill, and just stuck around that peak so im wondering what i can do to make this team a little better. aim :]

Last edited:
Hey bro, nice team! Here are my suggestions:

Specs Raikou does tons of damage, but I think AV Raikou would be better with this team. It helps you with your Greninja problem as it has enough bulk to survive anything that Greninja wants to throw at it. It also allows Raikou to switch moves, which comes in handy everytime the monster that is Mega Sceptile comes in as it does not force a switch. Try this set:

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice
- Extrasensory/Shadow Ball

Hope it helps!
-PK

Yo the team is amazing and it deals with most of the threats on your list if played properly. For example sceptile-mega can't do much to ferrothorn and a single gyro ball pretty much wrecks it. AV Raikou is a better choice as it allows you to switch between attacks and tank hits from special sweepers like greninja. Most grenjnjas don't run HP ground and so can't stop damage from thunder bolt or volt switch. HP fire on latios over defog makes sense so that its not walled by scizor or ferrothorn. Most scizors would setup on the turn after they switch into latios expecting you to switch out so u can hit them with a surprise hp fire. Gothitelle can be taken care of by lando-ts u-turn. There is no common threat to your team which can sweep through unopposed.

Hope i helped Glhf battling :D

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yaaay, more CroBro Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn really doesn't hit anything other than Mega Sceptile for you, so I'd consider thunder wave over gyro ball for more utility overall. Also, while I normally wouldn't edit the opening paragraph, ORAS isn't 7th gen :/

Hey Nyron777, Good job making this team as it definitely a solid one.
I just want to agree with Puzzle King that assault vest on Raikou would help your team with Greninja and Mega Sceptile which you can not switch in freely into any pokemon unless you pivot around. Also i just wanted to mention your team is weak to Mew and stall in general so i would change Latios into a trick variant and Rotom-W into a rest variant as this helps with stall by tricking and by making Rotom-W a rest variant, it helps with other Rotoms and it can sponge up any kind of status thanks to rest.

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Hoped i helped you with this rate and good luck in the future.
:]

Puzzle King Genesis9507 Thank you guys so much! and as for the Raikou set i tried out AV and it helps so much more i lost a little power but the bulk from av lets me handle greninja and okay around it alot better than i usually do so ill change that there and i tried out the latios trick set and i love that too definitely getting added thank you guys so much!

Bippy yea true gyro ball doesnt do much but it can break a sub and if not that move i have nothing to hit mega sceptile which can then set up a sub and a swords dance and just win the game no trouble

Disciple_1 hah thx i tried to be as balanced as possible and update i managed to peak a little over 1500 on an alt :D thx to the assault vest switch and latios i can better oppose stall teams which gave me a run for my money before and the move swithcing on raikou helps a ton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)