Metagame Sketchmons

Idk who should manage the meta but if The Immortal is okay with me, I am considering to ban Transform JUST for AAA Sketchmons because it's obviously a problem right now, especially with Prankster. Or just banning the combination Transform + Prankster.

Normally, in Sketchmons, Transform Chansey is managable because you can Sub or Taunt on it, or even damage it because almost everyone's faster than Chansey. But in AAA Sketchmons, Prankster gives you priority, which makes outspeeding much harder and makes the meta completely centralized on either Imposter proofing or Prankster Sub/Taunt.

And before you say Imposter proofing is easy, no it's not. This meta isn't BH where you can run any moves and any mon with ease. This meta is limited to OU banlist PLUS both Sketchmons and AAA banlist combined. And, you can only sketch one move, not in BH where you can use any move you like. These reasons are why Imposter proofing is significantly harder and basically makes Transform an unhealthy move.

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
I have a request : Could Landorus-Incarnate and Genesect be unbanned in AAA + Sketchmons, as they are in AAA ?

Landorus-Incarnate is pretty much outclassed by Landorus-Therian as an -atespeeder, but could have a niche in being faster than Landorus-Therian.
Also, it could run special or mixed sets using stuff like Triage Oblivion wing, for more diversity.
And the reason why it was banned, Sheer Force abusing, is no longer a problem here.

Genesect learns Extremespeed and Techno Blast... but it's not really useful since it doesn't get the right typing.
Also every mon in this meta can have Extremespeed or Boomburst in addition to an -ate ability, making things even harder for Genesect.

I don't ask for Metagross-Mega since i'm not sure - Tough Claws is a great ability, especially with the likes of Sunsteel Strike. If it's not terrifying enough, it can run Download, Grassy Surge or Psychic Surge pre-mega, making it really good on paper... maybe too good.

This is my first time with AAAS, and I need some pointers on what's viable and what's not. Here's something of my own imagination.

Overdrive (Banette-Mega) @ Banettite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Copycat
- Phantom Force
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond

Just wanted to post a Couple of sets always welcome to suggestions.

Powerness (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone/Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak/Filler
- Fire Punch/Sacred Fire

This in itself is a power house, with basically huge power on a stick and adaptability

Cancerness (Weavile) @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Sacred Fire/anything else with a secondary effect
- Icicle Crash
- Filler

The ability is mainly for sacred fire/Icicle crash I use sacred as a mag counter.

Just wanted to post a set I think is fun.
Drampa @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Nature Power
- Core Enforcer
- Glare/filler
- Roost
Basically MAmpharos in BH copied here, Drampa has good SpA, nice typing for STABs, and slow speed. Core Enforcer is a really powerful STAB that removes abilities too. Nature Power is a priority Tri-Attack for revenge killing. Glare is like a filler that can be useful. Roost heals Drampa up.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Just wanted to post a set I think is fun.
Drampa @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Nature Power
- Core Enforcer
- Glare/filler
- Roost
Basically MAmpharos in BH copied here, Drampa has good SpA, nice typing for STABs, and slow speed. Core Enforcer is a really powerful STAB that removes abilities too. Nature Power is a priority Tri-Attack for revenge killing. Glare is like a filler that can be useful. Roost heals Drampa up.
I prefer running Tail Glow + coverage over Core Enforcer and Roost personally. Go Drampa!

Idk who should manage the meta but if The Immortal is okay with me, I am considering to ban Transform JUST for AAA Sketchmons because it's obviously a problem right now, especially with Prankster. Or just banning the combination Transform + Prankster.

Normally, in Sketchmons, Transform Chansey is managable because you can Sub or Taunt on it, or even damage it because almost everyone's faster than Chansey. But in AAA Sketchmons, Prankster gives you priority, which makes outspeeding much harder and makes the meta completely centralized on either Imposter proofing or Prankster Sub/Taunt.

And before you say Imposter proofing is easy, no it's not. This meta isn't BH where you can run any moves and any mon with ease. This meta is limited to OU banlist PLUS both Sketchmons and AAA banlist combined. And, you can only sketch one move, not in BH where you can use any move you like. These reasons are why Imposter proofing is significantly harder and basically makes Transform an unhealthy move.
I've found Transform to not be an overwhelming part of the meta. There are a lot of ways to deal with it, even ignoring move-based 'imposter' proofing.

• Poison Heal (I like Quiver Dance Tapu Fini personally)
  • Double switching (eg, switch into something that you don't care about Chansey Transforming into and then into something that beats that... you only need one pair of these. The first mon will preferably beat base Chansey too. If you add Anchor Shot or something to your imposterproof mon then you can eliminate Chansey completely. )
  • Abusing low pp (eg switching to something that can both set hazards and spin and run through Chansey's PP)
  • OHKOing it on the tform (difficult, but I'm sure there are things that can do it. Band Adaptability Terrakion can do it after SR or if it's at -1 from CC. Tough Claws has an 87.5% chance. Choice Band Adapt Exca can do it without SR. Look for things with high attack stats but low defense stats except hp.)
Im sure there are a number I missed. ButI fail to see how Tform Chansey is much more threatening in aaas than in regular Sketch. The one thing it prevents you doing is spamming set-up mindlessly but I feel like this is, while certainly a good mon that has to be prepared for, not enough to call broken on it.

Sorry for any formatting/typing issues I wrote this up on mobile.

This is my first time with AAAS, and I need some pointers on what's viable and what's not. Here's something of my own imagination.

Overdrive (Banette-Mega) @ Banettite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Copycat
- Phantom Force
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond
I don't know how viable the Copycat + Phantom Force combo is, but if you decide to run it, there are a couple things you'll want to change:
Minimize your speed. You already have a -Spe nature, but you also want 0 IVs in speed. The slower you are, the less likely your opponent will go even slower and hit you after you hit with Phantom Force.
Replace Sucker Punch with something else, perhaps Knock Off or Toxic. With the set you currently have, you can't do anything against a normal type that chooses not to attack.
Change your ability. Once you mega-evolve, you'll have Prankster, no matter what ability you start with, so choose an ability that does something useful when you first come in. Options include weather/terrain (not very useful for Banette), Intimidate (also not very useful given this particular set), scouting abilities (trace/frisk), or Download. I would probably go with Download.

Okay, so something needs to be talked about, for better or worse: The Ates.

(Look man, if you've got a better title for all of them, lemme have it)

I'll get straight to the point: I think being able to just hand out Galvanize Boombursts and Aerilate Extreme Speeds is way too good.

AAA required a Pokemon had the move before, and Sketchmons required they had the right Ability, so it was much easier to check Ates prior to this month. But now Xurkitree 3HKOs Chansey without set-up or even a boosting item, and Landorus-Therian 6-0s most forms of offense unless they themselves carry a boosted priority move.

I've already had more games than I want to boil down to "Can I keep Refrigerate FakeSpeed Weavile alive long enough to win?" which is itself kind of a fucked-up sentence to type.

Yes, I'm the guy who keeps building double- and triple-Ate teams, but I suck hard at Sketchmons (less so at AAA) and this is handing me easy wins that I shouldn't be getting.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Some "fun" calcs for the above:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Landorus-Therian Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 348-411 (86.1 - 101.7%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (ie offense gets obliterated)
+3 252+ SpA Life Orb Galvanize Xurkitree Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 617-729 (96.1 - 113.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
One mon should not have this much power.

Even though atespeed and ateburst are very solid, there are counters to them.

Just like atespeed is so solid because of its unpredictability, abilities like Dazzling, QM, and Psychic Terrain are as well. Ateburst is usually used by frail attackers (xurk), so priority, defensive resists, and immunities destroy it. Just like in BH, you have to play around strong tactics with good counter tactics, like imposterproofing.

Alright, dumb set dump.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Galvanize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Volt Switch

Could be Scarf, could run HP Ice, could run Hyper Voice with Secret Sword (as you'll see), Ateburst is dumb, even accounting for immunities. Try it with Electric Surge support.

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Shadow Bone
- Bonemerang
- Stealth Rock

Speaking of Electric Terrain support... I didn't want speed drops, and this lets me always hit from a distance. I didn't really have anything else for the 4th slot, but I didn't have a Rocker by that point in my team. You could run SD or a different Sketched move and run Flare Blitz. I could probably try Bolt Strike for the coverage, but Shadow Bone defense drops are cool already.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Gear Grind
- Bite

Briefly debated between Technician and Steelworker before I decided on Technician, which gave me a decent coverage option in Bite. But the real reason to use this set is Technician Gear Grind.

252 Atk Life Orb Technician Lucario Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Buzzwole: 164-194 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Yeah, have fun walling this set.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Secret Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Look, if Sylveon can make it work with base 110 SpA, surely Jolteon can make it work with that AND Secret Sword. 2HKOs Chansey after Rocks, but Lax can live because Poison Heal is really cool. Also I've been running into people using Leech Seed as their Sketch. I mean, I guess it makes sense? But I'd rather have Spiky Shield or King's Shield on Lax. As far as Galvanize is concerned, yeah you can do Xurkitree and shit, but I've been enjoying not using the most popular stuff and it working out well still.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

This is the set that convinced me Ates were a problem in AAAS. You'd think Triage would be a decent answer, but since 99% of them are Flying-type using O Wing (Buzzwole stands as the exception and Weavile counter) you gib them with Fake Out because Weavile is impossibly fast.

I thought at first an Ate clause might help but even one Atespeeder is enough to completely topple Offense that doesn't specifically prepare for it (like your own, faster Atespeeder).

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Literally any high BP coverage move

Gyarados is a monster. Run a defensive Ability pre-Mega and then steamroll all the opposing defensive Abilities with Mold Breaker and whatever coverage move you want. I get stuck between Bolt Strike/Fusion Bolt, Fire coverage, and Thousand Arrows.

Yeah, half of these are Ates, but that's because Ates are insanely good.

For Gyara, you can also sketch something like Knoff/Crabhammer for better STAB, Dragon Ascent for pre-mega STAB or a recovery move, which is nice especially with a more bulky EV spread.

Alright, dumb set dump.

Jolteon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Secret Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Look, if Sylveon can make it work with base 110 SpA, surely Jolteon can make it work with that AND Secret Sword. 2HKOs Chansey after Rocks, but Lax can live because Poison Heal is really cool. Also I've been running into people using Leech Seed as their Sketch. I mean, I guess it makes sense? But I'd rather have Spiky Shield or King's Shield on Lax. As far as Galvanize is concerned, yeah you can do Xurkitree and shit, but I've been enjoying not using the most popular stuff and it working out well still.
isn't that jolteon actually better with Adaptability? i rather run it with adaptability thunderbolt because it also boost your voltswitch, or even refrigerate for pseudo ice beam. except you actually concerned about sub, the yes use galvanize.

so, isn't that my snorlax actually? i'm using this set and make the top ladder for inheritance (Breloom Snorlax). i'm using 2 alts for aaa sketch.

Snorlax @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 108 HP / 168 Def / 232 SPd
Careful Nature
- Facade
- Protect / Crunch
- Leech Seed
- Curse

why leech seed? why not knock off / king shield / or whatever? the answer is, you got recovery 2/16 hp every turn with poison heal, and with leech seed you can get 3-4/16 hp per turn. you can seed.ed the counter and leech stall your counter using leech seed protect, making you regen hp fast without taking damage, coupled with snorlax bulk, you will be hard to be killed. curse is there so you can make snorlax bulkier on the physical side. you don't alway need to use curse, because Facade can hit hard anyways. crunch is slashed there so you can hit ghost, but lose the chance to recover hp smoothly. 1 turn protect = almost like half roost without taking damage.

and, what do you think of Normalize Entrainment Gengar? its so uncompetitive in my opinion, it's like Electrify Lightningrod, but it's more stupid. you actually forced to switch if you are slower than gengar, it can spam the entrainment unlike skill swap (which 1 time only, because you lose normalize after use), and even you have pokemon that have more than 110 speed, you can't suddently switch to it. don't forget that it learns Mean Look and Spite too, to drain your PP until you run out of PP Perish Song. the answer is ofc magic bounce, prankster taunt and u-turn above 110 speed, but it still uncompetitive. i think this need to be looked.

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Entrainment
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Taunt / Shadow Ball

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7aaasketchmons-628286892
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7aaasketchmons-628423861 maybe the both team is bad, but it shows triage is not really a solution
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7aaasketchmons-628426453 i taunt first, literally win the game.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7aaasketchmons-628444191 not the best replay, but actually it forces mew to a 50/50 without even knowing it, and clicking the wrong move cost mew the game.

just look how this dumb, yeah maybe the team is bad, but i just use random mons as filler for gengar

edit : add replays, set and add reasoning

Last edited:
Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Doom Desire
- Dazzling Gleam

It's really fucking strong. Calm Mind lets you boost its damage output so you get OHKOs with it, while Protect lets you scout + stall for recovery + stall for Doom Desire. DD only has 8PP so you need to supplement it with DG (or Aura Sphere if Heatran is an issue). And that's pretty much the whole set.
252+ SpA Tinted Lens Magearna Doom Desire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Marowak-Alola: 300-354 (114.9 - 135.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Tinted Lens Magearna Doom Desire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 230-272 (67.4 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Tinted Lens Magearna Doom Desire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 252-296 (73.9 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Magearna Doom Desire vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 264-312 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Magearna Doom Desire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gyarados-Mega: 300-354 (90.3 - 106.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Magearna Doom Desire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 288-338 (81.8 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Tinted Lens Magearna Doom Desire vs. 252 HP / 124 SpD Celesteela: 330-390 (82.9 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Tapu-Finish (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Roost
- Scald
- Taunt

With Nature's Madness, Scald and Taunt it already has all the tools it needs to be a good unaware user - except reliable recovery, This problem is solved in AAA Sketchmons where it can sketch a recovery move like Roost. It not only stops setup sweepers, it also performs a stallbreaking role, as it does huge damage with Nature's Madness while preventing recovery or toxic via Taunt.

As broken as this meta is, it's the most fun I've had playing an OM in a while -- and I don't normally have fun with broken OMs.

What I'm really here for is to post this dank Manaphy set. People have been complimenting it and asking about it so, what the hell, might as well make it A Thing.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Strength Sap
- Heart Swap
- Skill Swap
- Scald

So as you can tell, this is a blanket physical and setup check and generally disruptive support mon. The function of each move should be fairly self-evident, but I'll go in-depth for the people who haven't caught on. Prankster Strength Sap is an absolutely bonkers and gives Manaphy tons of staying power, even if it's somewhat less reliable than other forms of recovery. Manaphy gets Heart Swap natively (everybody forgets this), and its application should be obvious: check setup (Swords Dance is especially fun to consume), live more hits, heal back up, click Scald. Skill Swap is pretty solid tech: most of the time, it's just something that's nice to toss out just for the sake of scouting opposing sets when you and your opponent can't really do anything to each other. It's a great way of circumventing anything that needs its ability to deal damage or retain staying power (think: that Tinted Lens user you can't wall, that Chlorophyl user you can't revenge kill, that PH Fini that you can't break), and depending on the situation, it can be the best way on hand for you to de-escalate an opposing sweeper. Scald is Scald, and -most- of the tier's Dazzling/Dark-type mons don't want to get burnt.

While I haven't tried any variations on this set, I can see Toxic, Heal Bell, or even Flash being viable over Skill Swap, depending on your team's needs. A Calm set should also work well, though I prefer Bold to do as well as possible vs. physical attackers.

Anyone else have dank sets or fun strats they wanna share?

Probably my favorite aaas set so far

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Thundy was the closest I could think of in terms of speed/power to Triage Mray in BH, with thundy i being a personal preference over therian, but both work well. He's pretty straight forward, set up plot and wreak as much havoc as possible before anti-priority tries to take him out.

I've loved playing AAAS this month too. What a wild meta!

Hoopa @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast

This set, obviously in Psychic Terrain, has done wonders for me. I chose Moongeist Beam for its Unaware-punishing quality, as well it being a nice Mimikyu destroyer. It is quite vulnerable to priority once the terrain is gone, but until then, it can really have a ball. It is not naturally outsped by much, but it does have to be wary of both weather speeders and Surge Surfers, which is why I paired this with Alakazam-Mega. Also, it naturally transform-proofs itself, which is nice, and its Sp. Def is pretty impressive with the seed.

Hey so since arena trap got banned from ou, i think it might make sense if dugtrio got unbanned. I honestly don't know how it would be useful in the meta but I also don't see how it would be broken anymore without arena trap, so it doesnt really make too much sense for it to stay banned.

Well, now that AAAS is out, I'll dump my teams. On the off chance it gets picked again before US/UM, they might be useful; if it happens -after- US/UM, well, you can pick and choose individual sets.

Kinda janky, matchup-dependent. Not terrible though. MVP: Aerilate Boomburst Landorus-Therian

Snorlax @ Normalium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Seed Bomb

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Parting Shot

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Knock Off
- Shadow Ball
- Recover

Heatran @ Chople Berry
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Tail Glow

Landorus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 52 Atk / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Rash Nature
- Boomburst
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Explosion

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Pain Split
- Moongeist Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
The most consistent team I've made, and I love every set on it. It's good. MVP: Prankster Strength Sap Manaphy; Tinted Lens Sunsteel Strike Cobalion.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Trick

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Heart Swap
- Strength Sap
- Scald
- Skill Swap

Magnezone @ Chople Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpA / 56 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Frost Breath
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Sunsteel Strike

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dazzling
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Wood Hammer
Unpleasantly matchup-dependent, but it's not terribly difficult to pilot. MVP: Technician Bonemerang Mamoswine.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Bonemerang
- Stealth Rock

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Gravity
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Band
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Return
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Gravity
- Spikes
- U-turn

Mimikyu @ Fairium Z
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Play Rough

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Tail Glow
A gimmick team that relies a lot on hax and surprise value. Don't use it against the same opponent twice and you'll have a shot. Didn't get much testing on this one. MVP: ???

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
Jolly Nature
- Sing
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Dynamic Punch

Sneasel @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Sacred Fire

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Delta Stream
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Thousand Arrows
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Strength Sap
- Flash
- Scald
- Heart Swap

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Magearna @ Iron Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Doom Desire
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
Another reasonably consistent team, this time with an emphasis on beating offense over breaking fat teams. MVP: Krookodile

Pinball Wizard (Alakazam) @ Alakazite
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Crocodile Rock (Krookodile) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Foul Play
- Thousand Arrows

Rocket Man (Celesteela) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Heavy Slam
- Parting Shot

Candle in the Wind (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Flare Blitz
- Shadow Sneak
- Stealth Rock

Island Girl (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Motor Drive
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Freeze-Dry
- Knock Off

Blue Eyes (Greninja) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Primordial Sea
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Thunder
- Spikes
Closing thought: It hasn't ended up on any of these teams but here's the best set in this meta

Dodrio @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick
- Volt Tackle

Hey everyone! As some of you may know, Chopin has stepped down as leader, so as of now I will be the leader of Sketchmons. Furthermore, fardin has unfortunately decided to resign as a council member, so Jrdn has filled his space to complete our council of: Me, Official Fissure, Megazard, Jrdn and Chopin Alkaninoff. Grats Jrdn!

So now for a couple of announcements about Sketchmons itself:
Firstly, the council have unanimously voted that dugtrio should be unbanned, as arena trap has been banned from ou, and sketchmons operates under an ou banlist. This was a fairly simple decision, because as jasprose mentioned, without arena trap duggy can do none of the things that made it banworthy in the first place. Tagging The Immortal

Secondly, The council are currently discussing potentially banning/suspecting the following mons/moves, and we would be interested in hearing your thoughts on them too. Following the quite substantial addition of spectral thief to the meta, as well as the event OMPL, not much action was taken, as we wanted to see how the meta reacted post webs ban + spectral thief addition. However, now that OMPL is over and the meta has had enough time, we feel like its worth looking at what we view are the 5 most complained about mons/moves, and if any of you all have any strong opinions one way or another, please comment with reasoning.
1. Porygon-z
2. Ash-Greninja
3. Quiver Dance
4. Tapu Lele
5. Kartana

Finally, a few people have been asking about the sketch VR and when it was being updated, and I can now confirm that it is in the process of being updated, so hold tight! If you have any new sets feel free to post them here of course, but for the moment please refrain from nomming mons on the VR, as we will probably be changing them anyways. If however, even after we update it, you still thing a certain mon needs to be raised or drop, of course feel free to nom away, and try and convince Official Fissure otherwise!

Anyways, thats the end of my update message, hopefully you will enjoy my term as sketch TL, and more importantly hopefully you begin to/continue to enjoy playing the meta!

Last edited:
Sorry back again. Following some deliberation, the council have come to a decision on 2 of the things I previously brought up in my above post^.

Firstly: Quiver Dance
The Council have unanimously decided to ban Quiver dance. The move is just too good and unbalances the meta. Gives sweeping potential to literally any special attacker, making it practically impossible to be prepared for all of them. The ability to boost both speed, attack and bulk is quite frankly terrifying. This combined with the fact that common perpetrators included stuff like tapu lele, which with psysurge made prio revenge killing impossible made this decision fairly easy to make.

Secondly: Porygon-z:
This mon has been talked about a lot both in the thread and in places like the om room, as many people have complained that it was too broken. Well the council agree and have decided to ban porygon-z. Adaptability combined with either boomburst and specs/scarf, or a moongeist beam z-conversion set make porygon practically impossible to prep for. The damage output is just outright absurd, 2kho'ing practically the entire meta with rocks up with like boomburst. The moongeist set alone isnt banworthy, but when you pair it with the boomburst set, pz becomes incredibly ban worthy, as it can viably run either set, and if you guess wrong, you either let it set up for free, in which case its too bulky for any of your prio moves to kill anymore and you lose..... or you sack a pivotal mon in the hope that its the conversion set. I think further points have already been brought up extensively, so I wont elaborate any further. Tagging The Immortal

The council is still deliberating on:
1. Ash-Greninja
2. Kartana

We have decided against banning lele, as with the qd ban we dont think lele will be as banworthy or unhealthy for the meta. However, we have not yet made a decision on the above 2 mons, so if any of you all have any opinions please do share them (with reasoning!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)