Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread (read the op before posting a thread)

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Yes it is unbanned, check the teambuilder. According to the battle mechanics thread confusion is nerfed to 33%. Also swagger's accuracy was nerfed.
According to the battle mechanics change, confusion nerf has yet to be confirmed so it's still possible that it isn't nerfed unless I missed something
e: that's fai mb

Last edited:
According to the battle mechanics change, confusion nerf has yet to be confirmed so it's still possible that it isn't nerfed unless I missed something
The OP in that thread has not been kept up to date for quite some time but a few weeks ago there were many people who tested it and everything seemed to point at 33%.

This question might have already been asked but when will some of the newly released megas drop tier? Like mega steelix or audino

I strongly doubt Lunala will ever come to OU, but it is possible for OU to suspect test unbanning an uber. The last time I remember that happening was the second Aegis suspect in ORAS though.

If for some reason the ou council thought that one of the current Ubers was worth testing whether it was actually broken in the current metagame, then they proceed with the normal suspect process, except the suspect ladder contains the pokemon in question rather than banning it.

As far as I know though, at the moment there aren't any intentions to try to test unbanning anything from ou.

Last Gen, Volcarona was seen as largely overshadowed by Charizard-Y.
What happened to make it A+ this Gen?
That something that could effortlessly switch in and destroy it with a priority Flying-type move was nerfed beyond redemption, meaning it can actually set up now.

Also, Z-Moves allowing it to break what it couldn't break before.

Last edited:
Volcarona has a large number of viable options for Z-moves, Tyranitar until recently was low in usage, which let Volcarona run Giga Drain for bulky waters more safely, and Z-moves favor Volcarona's needs since it typically is a sweeper that needs one or two major roadblocks removed rather than a little damage spread about, and Z-moves help Volcarona break through several of those on its own. Talonflame being fucking dead is also ideal for it, and there's been a decent decline in some hard Fire resists like Zard-X, and Volcarona exploits a lot of common blanket check mons like Magearna, SpD Celesteela, and AV Tangrowth.

I don't know if this had been asked about for GEN7 but is it possible to re-suspect Shadow Tag ? I've been doing calcs on Gothittelle against common Knock off users such as Weavile , Muk-A, Offensive Lando-T as well as common megas Like Beedrill-Mega and Hera-Mega and with common Z users such as Volc, Buzzwole and Kartana as well as many other Z-users. And to me it seems being that Gothitelle cant out power many of these mons

The Loog Noog

Banned deucer.
I don't know if this had been asked about for GEN7 but is it possible to re-suspect Shadow Tag ? I've been doing calcs on Gothittelle against common Knock off users such as Weavile , Muk-A, Offensive Lando-T as well as common megas Like Beedrill-Mega and Hera-Mega and with common Z users such as Volc, Buzzwole and Kartana as well as many other Z-users. And to me it seems being that Gothitelle cant out power many of these mons
A shadow tag suspect is likely never happening due to the inherently uncompetitive nature of the ability and the fact that the only thing that can escape it is because of Ghost-types. Also, Gothitelle's niche was never overpowering offensive threats, it was crippling things like Clef, RD Mana, etc. that all threatened stall at the time and while there's more mega and z move stallbreakers now, Gothitelle is still not worth looking at re suspecting. Not to mention the fact that the council has to deal with fixing banning the unbalanced aspects of the tier before thinking about unbanning things from ubers.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
The transition from gen6 to gen7 doesnt rly justify a re suspect tbh. Power Creep kinda hurts but in reality it still traps what it needs to and it obvious isnt going to try to trap Alolan Muk or Weavile lol. Its still an uncompetitive af ability and I dont see it coming back

Goth wasn't banned for its ability to trap and beat offensive mons. It was its ability to take out key defensive mons on stall and balance with a choice scarf + trick set, as well as some of the main stall breakers in Heatran + Manaphy. This allowed Goth to, for instance, switch into Chansey, and trick it its scarf, before Calm Minding up to +6, and using Rest to ultimately force the opponent to struggle to death, then taking its scarf back to do it again later.

ABR's infamous stall team of Sableye/Gothitelle/Chansey/Skarmory/Amoonguss/Quagsire (I believe, which then changed to Band Weavile after) was pretty horrible to face thanks to the combination of Goth + M-Sableye. this invalidated all other forms of stall alone and shifted the meta hugely; especially after OLT.

Whether or not it was broken is still debatable, but it prevented truly skillfull play by being able to stall out so many mons. The metagame is so much better without it, trust me

Last edited:
Mega Swampert will be released with the other Hoenn Megas which should be released soon because they came out in Pokemon Sun and Moon almost a month ago

What is Tangrowth's best ability and nature? I just received a 5 iv regenerator tangela off the GTS but unfortunately it has serious nature. I am trying to use it on a trick room team with a 5 iv modest regenerator slowbro and a 6 iv modest regenerator slowking.

What is Tangrowth's best ability and nature? I just received a 5 iv regenerator tangela off the GTS but unfortunately it has serious nature. I am trying to use it on a trick room team with a 5 iv modest regenerator slowbro and a 6 iv modest regenerator slowking.
regen is definitely the best ability. as for nature it is normally ran with -speed because it likes to run mixed offensive sets. and then either +def for full physically defensive sets or +spdef on AV sets

On an av set its best nature is sassy(+spd, -speed), on a psysically def set relaxed(+def, -speed). If your using it on a trick room team I would imagine Quiet(+spatk, - Speed would be a good nature, although I've never really used it on a trick room team, so I wouldn't know. Tangrowths best ability is definitely Regenerator.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)