Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
As it says in the title, please make sure to read this before posting a thread in the subforum. If you have a question that can be answered in one post, please ask it here. Threads are intended for discussion and those kinds of questions rarely lead to meaningful conversation.

When posting in the thread, please follow these guidelines:
  1. Make sure that your post is relevant to Gen 7 Ubers.
  2. Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.
  3. When answering questions, please quote the question you're referring to. It gets confusing otherwise.
  4. At least do a simple Google search before asking the question here.
  5. Do not ask for Action Replay codes, ROMs, or anything hacking related.
  6. Remember that in-game questions should be asked in Orange Islands. This subforum is for competitive discussion only.
Questions about "when will [insert Pokemon here] / [insert Move here] / [insert Item here] be banned" are prohibited.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Dead mentorship forum link is dead.

Does OU's unbanning of the move swagger effect us in any way, given it will no longer be a Smogon-Wide Clause? If so, can we please opt out of that one and keep the Swag Clause?

Dead mentorship forum link is dead.

Does OU's unbanning of the move swagger effect us in any way, given it will no longer be a Smogon-Wide Clause? If so, can we please opt out of that one and keep the Swag Clause?
Removed the link.

Good question, personally I'm a bit behind in the events. We will naturally proceed to have an internal discussion about this.

Can the Red and Blue Orb, as well as other Mega Stones for Pokémon non in Alola's Regional Pokédex, be found in the game?

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Yes to the Red and Blue Orb, there are a bunch of Mega Stones currently missing from the game. I dont have the full list on hand, but at the bare minimum there's Diancie, Lopunny and Medicham that are currently missing. I believe the Hoenn starters are currently missing too, but I'm not sure on that one.

Not sure if this is the exact place to question this, but

Why is Ash-Greninja not avaliable in showdown yet? I guess programming his ability may be a bit problematic

Why is the Ubers tier not usage based? Would gen7 not be a good chance to start make the Uber tier usage based and then build OU and lower from that? I am asking because it seems weird that we now have a banlist for a banlist.

Duck Chris

replay watcher
is a Pre-Contributor
Why is the Ubers tier not usage based? Would gen7 not be a good chance to start make the Uber tier usage based and then build OU and lower from that? I am asking because it seems weird that we now have a banlist for a banlist.
It's based on a difference in philosophy. Basically OU is supposed to be the "main metagame" and as such strives to be balanced, competitive and non-centralized. Ubers seeks more to be competitive, but not necessarily balanced or uncentralized. Primal groudon getting 90% usage, for example, is something that's ok in ubers but not in ou

A clearer description can be found in the policy review subforum I think

What reason is there to use Solgaleo instead of M-Metagross ? Metagross is faster, stronger and has a better movepool

Solgaleo has better defenses, recovery, and you keep your Mega slot. 100% accuracy on the Steel STAB is pretty nice for something that's supposed to check Xerneas as well.

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 266-314 (88.3 - 104.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Solgaleo 318-375 (76.6 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Is Ray with Dragon Ascent supposed not to be able to use a Z move? Because I tried to use one but it would only allow me to mega evolve first and then use the Z move

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Is Ray with Dragon Ascent supposed not to be able to use a Z move? Because I tried to use one but it would only allow me to mega evolve first and then use the Z move
Yes it's been confirmed that Rayquaza can't use a Z-move and mega evolve, it's either one option or the other.

Yes it's been confirmed that Rayquaza can't use a Z-move and mega evolve, it's either one option or the other.
True, but doesn't the Z-move take priority? By which I mean that having a Z-Crystal disables the Mega Evolution button, rather than Dragon Ascent disabling the Z-move button. Even if you've used your Z-move.

Will there be a thread for sample teams coming soon? I would like to see what people have come up with aside from Lele spam.

How useful is Solgaleo looking as an answer to Xerneas?

Also, has anyone had much luck using Zygarde?
It's a good Xern check, but it's weak to P-Don in a game when P-Don is on 90+% of teams.

I guess it could work on a hyperoffense team that wants to overload P-Don and then sweep.

Or you could use it as a P-Don lure.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is the meta looking like it will be again with Pdon in almost every team? Like, is there any new answer to him in S/M in comparison to ORAS?

How relevant is it to run Sleep Talk on Choiced Ho-Oh and Xern now? With Darkrai's demise in the generation change, is it as necessary to have sleep fodder on every team? I know that Hypnosis Gengar is a Thing, but would Gengar realistically be going for Hypnosis on a Scarf/Specs Xern? Ho-Oh, maybe, but there's still a large chance to miss and then get blown back by CB BB/SF/EQ.

Primal Groudon still checks/counter many pokemon in the metagame. One among them being Xerneas which is greater than it was ever before with the Z-Geomancy-Geomancy Combo. Primal Kyogre might also have more usage which in turn, makes having Primal Groudon seem more crucial. For the above reasons, i still believe Primal Groudon will be almost a staple in every SM Ubers team.
Is there any new gen 7 monso that look like they can give Primal Groudon a hard time? From what I've been seeing it mainly looks like Solgaleo out of all mons and maybe Zygarde 100%.

Reactions: ckw
What's everyone's opinion on Jolly vs Adamant on Solgaleo? I know the speed tier of the meta is generally slow and Adamant gives it a pretty sizable power boost, but I still like the idea of Jolly outpacing any form of the Primals as well as max speed Rayquaza before it can V-Create you.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok, another thing: I've saw some talking about Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam not being able to break Shadow Shield, and Full Metal Body not being affected by Mold Breaker. Is that true? I still do not have the games, so I can't test myself. I know that this is not true on Showdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)