Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers: OM Edition

Would this also theoretically be the case for Zygarde-C, i.e. would a Zygarde-C with a mega stone (if that were allowed) revert back to regular Zygarde before adding the mega stone stat changes? If that is the case, would it be an option to allow Zygarde-C to use mega stones, since in some sense it is just a regular Zygarde with a mega stone?
Zygarde-C an alternate form, so it most likely will revert back to its original form upon mega evolution. Whether or not Zygarde-C will be able to hold a megastone at some point is something the council for Mix & Mega have to discuss. It'd be pretty cool if it were allowed, but I'm not sure if it'd be broken or not.

Question concerning Pokemon who change forms based on HP in MnM (Using Minior as an example): If you were to ME Minior while it's in its shielded form the boosts would affect its Shielded stats but what if Minior was in its Core form when it ME? Would it affect it's Core stats and if it recovered it's HP above 50% does it still keep the Core base stats? Does Showdown recognize this?

Edit: Also would Wishiwashi stay in it's School Form after ME?

Last edited:
What's a good kyu-b check in 1v1? One that can beat scarf and band. I've been trying to find one, but it is hard
Wall of weird checks incoming (in no particular order of viability; in fact some of these are pretty obscure):

Mega Metagross, Magearna, Aegislash, and Genesect can all live any hit and knock out Kyu-B with their super-effective STAB moves. Air Balloon Heatran is less common this generation, but easily defeats any Choiced Kyu-B set, and can even live the combination of some other attack + Earth Power from non-Choiced ones with sufficient Special Defense. Haban Berry Kyu-B takes a hit from other variants of Kyu-B and knocks them out with Outrage. Choice Scarf slightly faster Pokemon, such as Terrakion, Haxorus, Garchomp, and Latios, can OHKO. Random Counter users like Swampert and Deoxys-D live any hit and OHKO in return (or switch to Mirror Coat if they use Ice Beam). Buzzwole can take any hit and OHKO with a Fighting-type Z-move.

There are obviously many, many more, but these are some of the ones I've used in recent times.

What determines when a metagame gets its viability rankings? Do you wait till the leader has suspected all of the broken parts of the meta before setting up vr? I'm asking this specifically in the context of bh but also generally for any metagame. Do metagames that don't get a permanent ladder such as lockdown or Omotm's get viability rankings?

My OM submission disappeared. Does that mean it was rejected? It had already received 2 QC checks.
It was denied by The Immortal. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to view it.

What determines when a metagame gets its viability rankings? Do you wait till the leader has suspected all of the broken parts of the meta before setting up vr? I'm asking this specifically in the context of bh but also generally for any metagame. Do metagames that don't get a permanent ladder such as lockdown or Omotm's get viability rankings?
Generally, OMOTMs can have unofficial VRs within their threads, but not separate threads. BH's VR is mostly done and should be out soon.

Reactions: nv

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Why does Nodmalize not give the 1.2x boost? It doesn't show the power increase (like Aerilate) on the simulator when you drag the cursor over the move during battle, it should show the improved base power by 1.2, so an earthquake should be 120 not 100

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Should Normalize Thousand Arrows be able to hit Ghost-types?
Can someone test in game with a Normalize Delcatty using Assist?
Same goes for Gen 6.
If it works in game, can we implement it here?
Remember Thousand Arrows also hits Levitate, Air Baloon, and Telekinesis Pokémon, so it considered all type immunities, not just coded for the specific Flying type.
If that's the case, then based on the games Code, it needs to be updated.

Should Normalize Thousand Arrows be able to hit Ghost-types?
Can someone test in game with a Normalize Delcatty using Assist?
Same goes for Gen 6.
If it works in game, can we implement it here?
Remember Thousand Arrows also hits Levitate, Air Baloon, and Telekinesis Pokémon, so it considered all type immunities, not just coded for the specific Flying type.
If that's the case, then based on the games Code, it needs to be updated.

It only works on flying types

If you have an electrify pokemon up against a slower mon with a judgment + plate, and they use electrify against the Pokemon with the plate, is judgment electric type or the plate's type?

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
Can somebody clarify wtf is wrong with this ladder system

I win against the ones within 100 ladder of mine and I gain like 7
and every loss cuts down for at least 25.

I don't get this BS, is this ladder meant to be a living hell?

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Can somebody clarify wtf is wrong with this ladder system

I win against the ones within 100 ladder of mine and I gain like 7
and every loss cuts down for at least 25.

I don't get this BS, is this ladder meant to be a living hell?
Taken from this thread all about the rating system:

"Elo does have a number of downsides, though, the most prominent being that players with high ratings often have little incentive to continue playing and GREAT incentive NOT to play: if you have an rating of 1800 on PO and you end up facing a player with a rating of 1000, a loss will knock 50 points off your rating, whereas a win will net you zero. Consequently, it is not uncommon for top players on Elo-based ladders to "park" themselves at the top and refuse to continue battling altogether."

That's why decay is really a thing: to fight against this sort of "parking." The thread has more information about the other ratings, like Glicko (which is also a good way to compare players besides Elo), and has links at the bottom for more information about rating systems in general.

Praise Antar

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
I'm not really sure how this mechanic is supposed to work, but I figured it's worth asking.
Should you be able to combine a z-crystal with an -Ate ability?
For example, Fardin and I were theorymonning and came up with Galvanize Lando-T in AAA, but Fardin says he was unable to use Gigavolt Havoc through Galvanize Return. Is this how is should work?

I'm not really sure how this mechanic is supposed to work, but I figured it's worth asking.
Should you be able to combine a z-crystal with an -Ate ability?
For example, Fardin and I were theorymonning and came up with Galvanize Lando-T in AAA, but Fardin says he was unable to use Gigavolt Havoc through Galvanize Return. Is this how is should work?
I'm pretty sure ih8 or one of the other researchers confirmed early on that Z-moves don't work with -ates. Normalium Z will create a Normal-type Breakneck Blitz, and Electrium Z just won't do anything. They really don't change their type all that much, hence why they bypass Normalize. (Weather Ball is an exception.)

Laxpras

One small yeet for man, one giant yeet for mankind
Will UU OMs be returning soon? Or should individual OMs be tasked with tracking their own UU variants?
I can't speak for all metas but I know personally I'd like to be able to make a UU banlist for AAA with the rest of the council, this would be fun both just challenges as well as smaller tours.
I've brought this up before about having set banlists like this for OM room tours also. I know it's possible bc the mono room does it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)