Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 48 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: More pressing question. When a pokemon can inherit more than four egg moves, which ones get learned "first" and which ones get to "replace" them and show up at hatching? Basically, I'm asking if 1 egg move from the father and 4 egg moves from the mother will result in 1 + 3 rather than all of the mother's.

Sorry if this isn't the right thread, but is anyone aware of a glitch that makes Pokebank ask to be updated, fail to update, but when you go to the store it acts as if it is updated? (My Bank is Version is 1.3, which means it is updated) Is it possible it's because earlier versions were (or the DS itself is) in Spanish, but the current one is in English? Should I be concerned?

Last edited:
Edit: More pressing question. When a pokemon can inherit more than four egg moves, which ones get learned "first" and which ones get to "replace" them and show up at hatching? Basically, I'm asking if 1 egg move from the father and 4 egg moves from the mother will result in 1 + 3 rather than all of the mother's.

Sorry if this isn't the right thread, but is anyone aware of a glitch that makes Pokebank ask to be updated, fail to update, but when you go to the store it acts as if it is updated? (My Bank is Version is 1.3, which means it is updated) Is it possible it's because earlier versions were (or the DS itself is) in Spanish, but the current one is in English? Should I be concerned?
To answer the first part, the Male's moves are inherited first, and then the Female's egg moves are inherited. So, if you want 3 moves from the female, and 1 move from the Male, I would suggest just deleting all the moves on both pokemon you don't want to move over, so between the two parents there are only 4 moves.

If those are the only egg moves available it would be all the mothers, if there's any overlap in egg moves between the parents it gets more complicated, here's a c+p of some stuff I wrote elsewhere:

Egg moves are not a flat "inherit mother's egg moves" priority. As an example: If you had a Male with Egg moves 1, 2, 3, and 4 in that order from top to bottom on the screen, and bred it with a Female with Egg moves 1, 5, 6, and 7 (also in that order), you would get a baby with Egg moves 4, 5, 6, and 7.
I'm not a dataminer but I suspect the game is generating the baby and effectively "teaching" each egg move it comes across in order of lowest priority to highest priority and top of screen to bottom of screen, and then getting rid of the oldest move it knows since even an unborn fetus having more than 4 moves is a sin, but failing if it tries to teach a move the baby already "knows" at the time.
The way around this issue is to either delete unwanted egg moves from the parents so you're left with 4 different ones between them, or rearrange them. Using the above parents you could either move the father's egg moves around to something like 2, 3, 4, 1 so it doesn't get rid of Egg move 1 in the first place, or move the mother's to something like 5, 6, 7, 1 so it reteaches Egg move 1 at the last step.

LF: a clone of a special edition bounce Magikarp
FT: Unfortunately I don't have a trade thread up, but I can offer some 5 IV mons for this, some in apricorn balls; I'm also willing to take on breeding projects for this, please pm me with interests

Looking for a shiny Froakie in a Luxury Ball. Maybe a Dive Ball. Timid and 31/0/31/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/31/31/31. If in Gen 6 I can deal with imperfect IVs. If Gen 7 need one of those spreads please. :)
New page bump. Gotta be some shiny Froakies out there. :) Would take a HP spread too.

Looking for

Gen 6 :
Timid/Modest, 5 IV, Female Vivillon/Scatterbug with Sun pattern
Heavy ball female Mawile
5IV Shiny HA Swirlix/Slurpuff (modest or adamant in a cool ball) - I can trade TSV shinies for it

I have an extensive ball collection and I can do breeding projects for those. PM me.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I need some help. I just reset my Alpha Sapphire game and I need to complete my Hoenn Dex for Oval Charm for my future projects. I need some pokemon for dex entries, so any help is much appreciated.

Things I need:
Mudkip
Golem
Alakazam
Machamp
Dusknoir
Chingling
Anorith
Lileep
Pichu
Bellosom
Regi Trio
Groudon
Igglybuff

I will return all pokemon to its original trainer, especially the legends, unless they dont need it anymore. I also need a 6IV ditto also in gen 6 so I can start doing stuff.

Bumping

Hey everyone, I need some help. I just reset my Alpha Sapphire game and I need to complete my Hoenn Dex for Oval Charm for my future projects. I need some pokemon for dex entries, so any help is much appreciated.

Things I need:
Mudkip
Golem
Alakazam
Machamp
Dusknoir
Chingling
Anorith
Lileep
Pichu
Bellosom
Regi Trio
Groudon
Igglybuff

I will return all pokemon to its original trainer, especially the legends, unless they dont need it anymore. I also need a 6IV ditto also in gen 6 so I can start doing stuff.

Bumping
For some reason I can't seem to VM you any more but I'm ready to tradeback whenever you want. Using FC 2337 4440 4499 and IGN Konowa3.

Sorry to bother everyone, but if anyone has time to help me with a trade evolution, that would be splendid. Thanks! I've had my Kadabra sitting in my boxes for months now, and I should probably get him done XD.

Lf: Pikachu caps (except Sinnoh kanto and hoenn)
Celebi from the gold/silver event
IVs don't matter on these

I also need touch trades of a few mons:
Shelgon, palossand,comfey, rampardos, shieldon, bastiodon, archen, archeops, tirtouga, carracosta, porygon Z, vanillite line, clefairy, castform
Any help is appreciated!

Ft: NA Marshadow Codes
NA Charizard Code
CMT
Bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)