Simipour

water/fighting/normal is a really nice combo that only bunkuru resists. you can go for a claw sharpen set that uses aqua tail instead of waterfall, giving you slightly more power with brick break and return filling out the coverage.

water/fighting/normal is a really nice combo that only bunkuru resists. you can go for a claw sharpen set that uses aqua tail instead of waterfall, giving you slightly more power with brick break and return filling out the coverage.
Don't forget Shedinja.

what about a choice spec set like this
Monkey with Floaties
Hiyakki @Choice Specs
Modest Nature (+S.Attack -Attack)
4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
-focus Blast/Surf/Boiling Water
-Grass Knot
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam

Focus blast has good coverage with water but i HATE the accuracy so Boiling Water or Surf replace it for a nice backup for Hydro Pump, but only use them if you are actually using Hydro Pump. Grass Knot has lovely coverage on annoying Bulky Waters (esspecially Milotic). Ice Beam can hit Crimagan and pretty much every Dragon for Super Effective Damage. This set is completely walled by Tentacruel so be sure to have something for that. Actually, Hidden Power Electric can come in instead of Focus Blast but you still only threaten at most a 3HKO.

-

I don't know about the pure special sets (except Nasty Plot) because then it is a faster but a heck of a lot more frailer Empoleon or Daikenki then. If you're using it, you might as well go for Nasty Plot since 101 spd is really trolly over 100s and slower but not fast enough to outspeed Garchomp (unless you Salac vrs Haban/Yache Chomp which with Nasty Plot, they can't survive with Yache against Icebeam). Salac and Life Orb are both such great items and Nasty Plot really differentiates it from Empoleon/Daikenki/some other better water poke.

Outside of Nasty Plot, I don't see this being really useful (because then it's just a fast bad Daikenki/Empoleon/Blastoise/etc) although I guess it could do the (okay-ish) Claw Sharpen Hydro Pump thing. Nasty Plot is the real selling point though over other waters since as far as I remember, it is the only water (besides Slowking/Manaphy) to get a massive SAtk 2+ (or more) boost at once except it's really fast and Manaphy would rather have bulk for surviveability and this thing doesn't have much of that anyways.

The thing about these SUb/Berry sets is that Priority eats you alive if someone manages to take down your substitute.
Empoleon still pulls off a better one, unless you go mixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)