• Oddish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snype

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hitmonleet

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have you ever wondered to yourself, "Wow, my taste in music is subjectively better than anybody else's, as long as the subject is shubaka17?" then this is the thread for you!

A walrus is where I give you categories, you give me songs that fit the category, and i give you imaginary points to see who can accumulate the most, for bragging rights of winning the 11th walrus. for those of you like me who have been a part of every one, yes, we're on #11.

now enough bullshit, time for the categories, almost entirely vultured from other walruseseseses because dammit, I was supposed to be 10th and i wanted it to be a Big Deal.

1) Daddy Walrein
The Father of walruses in the same way that Christoph Colombo was the Father of America, dude likes his dad rock. So in honor of him, give me the shit you think a dad would listen to. Here's some shit my dad listens to that I think is p good
Guns and Roses - Welcome To The Jungle
Idina Menzel - Let It Go
Alternatively you can shitpost this category and just send a meme in. A song meme, a picture meme, hell, send me a post of a shit. Scoring is 100% subjective, and if i think ur doin a bamboozle, then i'll take away ur fake internet points.
Good shitpost
Bad shitpost

2) Sloppy Seconds
Knights of Cydonia won the rights to host the second walrus here on smogon, and his second category was Cover songs. y'all, i don't know how to make this any more fitting for a category.
Neon Trees - Don't You Want Me (originally by Human League)
Glass Animals - Crazy (originally by Gnarls Barkley)

3) Fuck da police
Rodan had a walrus. I did poorly in it. Stopped paying attention. Instead, let's focus on him being a mod. Gimme a song about breaking the rules, or not giving a shit about authority.
AC/DC - Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Alessia Cara - Wild Things

4) Mishaps and Strange Circumstances
ngl i missed most of myzo's walrus too, but i was in canada so it's cool. all i really remember from it is i ended up running the bot for the first reveal, and i subbed a joke to the classical music cat and got a 7.5,, so because of that, submit me a song that was a joke the first time you listened to it, but actually is a good song.
The Front Bottoms - West Virginia
The Front Bottoms - West Virginia
Men Without Hats - Safety Dance
Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

5) Livin in Synth
its funny bc i'm gay, and also the synthe- you get the joke,,,,,,,, anyways, gimme a song with a synth or technology, because yeti likes those and so do i. i also don't entirely know what a synth is,, so i'll probably allow a few things that aren't synth, just by oops.
I Fight Dragons - Move
New Order - Blue Monday

6) Time is an illusion
this one kinda made me upset at the time but now i realize its a golden opportunity to do a category that i wanted to do, while still basing it off of other people's walruseseses. gimme a song that's about time. shit man, any kind of time. a year, once upon a time, anything.
Hozier - In A Week
Green Day - Fuck Time

7) What kind of name is Gaius?
ok i've known this kid by the name of gligarbro since i met him, and i still almost call him that. in honor of lil trash panda's name change, gimme a song with those lil parenthesis in its name. Alternatively, give me a version of a song that was remastered by the SAME band that originally released it. i don't have any examples of the latter, but i don't want y'all to limit yourselves to just parenthetical songs
Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
New Politics - Everywhere We Go (Kings and Queens)

8) Just Starting
Oddish's walrus only has two reveals, and who tf knows how its gonna go. But both of her first two cats were about beginnings, so fuck if that ain't a good way to make a category. Give me a song from an artist's first album. Simple as that. Singles and EPs don't count towards being the First Album, I want the first studio album.
The 1975 - Chocolate
Young The Giant - Apartment

9) Kunclord Supreme
Snype plays a LOT of kunc, where u gotta know the pokemon that uses the moveset the bot churns out. he's kinda rly fast, so give me a fast song. if u send me one of those "x but every time y it gets faster" then it'll be judged like a normal song, so beware.
Panic! at the Disco - The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage
My Chemical Romance - Dead!

10) Hitmonleet
Hasn't started his walrus yet and so doesn't get a category. Instead send me a gay song. Or a song by a gay artist. Or a song that has gay people in the video. just,,,, gay
Cold War Kids - Love Is Mystical
Troye Sivan - Youth

Bonus points will be given to anyone who does their own writeups on why they like the song they submit. Beyond that, there will be no bonus points. Just a flat 0-10 scale, based on how much I like a song. Catfails will still be eligible for bonus points, but will score a 0 for how much I like a song. A song that fits into one category will receive the same score if it were submitted across multiple categories. I'll close this when I get back from Quantico in about two weeks, on 2017-08-19. If you submit early, I can listen to your songs more, and give a more accurate scoring.

Submitters:
Trash Panda
KnightsofCydonia
DLE
atomicllamas
Snype
RODAN

Marth
Myzozoa
Yeti
vonFiedler
Blazade
LightWolf
Lil Bean
Daddy Walrein

Einto
SketchUp
Snaquaza

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just for a little perspective Shubaka, I don't think you're English, so are you American or are you from CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)