SM OU SharkTale (Hyper Offense)

Hi guys. Back in Gen 6 I loved playing Hyper Offence, it was so much fun to play fast and furious, if you lost, you lost. The games were quick, but thrilling. After learning the new metas in the new generation, I think have conjured up something that vaguely resembles a HO team:

Teambuilding Process:

First I created my wincon, Mega-Sharpedo. With a guaranteed +1 speed, and a sky-high attack stat, Sharpedo has all the tools he needs for cleaning. Arguably the best cleaner in the tier, he can easily tear through weakened lineups and frail teams.

Next I added some support in the form of entry-hazards, Garchomp. Fast, hard-hitting, Garchomp can set up rocks fast and immediately place strain on most teams which don't have strong checks. He can also provide early wallbreaking for the team, and Sharpedo

Now to focus on Sharpedo's checks, being priority, fighting, water, fairy, steel and bulky defensive mons. Enter Lele, Bulu and Magnezone. Lele gives added supprt with Psychic Terrain, blocking Mach Punch and Sucker Punch from Sharpedo and the team. Bulu is glue, while also hitting rain teams and water types hard. Magnezone is for bulky steels and fairies, who he can trap and check effectively.

Finally, a utility who could wallbreak, stallbreak, spinblock and support, enter Gengar. Gengar is a very potent threat, and with a versatile kit he can almost perform any role. On this team, his main function is to keep entry hazards in for Sharpedo's sweep.

Overview
Jaws (Sharpedo-Mega) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang

Living up to his namesake, Sharpedo is a fast, powerful threat which lurks around before pouncing at the right opportunity (ha). The team's cleaner, after speed boost he outspeeds the entire unboosted metagame, meaning if the team is weakened enough, he can decimate the entire lineup. After Mega-Evolving, he gains Strong Jaw, which means his STAB Crunch is a nuke which can KO most of the tier. for those he can't KO, such as Fighting types, Psychic Fangs gets a Strong Jaw boost to completely smash them. Ice Fang is pretty useful coverage, hitting Chomp and Lando-T.
EVs to make him the fastest, hardest hitting Jaws ever.

Land-Jaws (Garchomp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance

The team's lead, Garchomp provides both powerful early-game wallbreaking, as well as entry hazard support. After a Stealth Rock, Swords Dance quickly mounts pressure on the enemy team, making both his STAB moves look terrifying. EQ is a mandatory STAB which can hit a good majority of the tier for neutral/supereffective damage, while Outrage is preferred over Dragon Claw because of the suicide nature of the lead. After +2, it can quite possibly 6-0 teams. Outrage is usually preferred, unless the other team has any fairy except Fini, which is a common switch-in. Usually comes in, S-Rock, then just go out swinging. Yep.

Mermaid (Tapu Lele) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Taunt

Lele, lele, lele. Of the tapu's, she would probably be the cutest, however the one who scared you the most at the pokemon selection screen. Lele hits insanely hard with her Psychic Terrain boosted Psyshock, and STAB Moonblast. Her frightening Special Attack leaves all but the bulkiest special walls quivering in their boots, busting through teams incredibly well. This is one of my favourite sets because of Lele's notoriety for Choice, meaning it is very easy to bluff. Z-Focus Blast OHKOs or dents pretty much anything, especially steels which resist the STAB combo. One of the best wallbreakers in the tier, Lele has perfect synergy with Sharpedo, protecting him from priority, Fighting and Dark types, and punching out holes for him to clean up.

Surfer (Tapu Bulu) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

To add to the wallbreaking prowess of Lele, enter Bulu, who patches up the team nicely with nice resists to ground and electric, as well as providing some massive damage. Banded Bulu is a great mid-game breaker, able to remove mons with his STAB moves, which are boosted by Grassy Terrain. His coverage beats his switch-ins, making him very threatening and dangerous. Wood Hammer is great for ruining mons, Horn Leech for general breaking. Superpower hits steel switch-ins, and Stone Edge hits flying threats. He provides bulk to an otherwise skinny lineup, meaning he can switch-in and wrestle momentum back into the teams hands.

The Storm (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Admiral Ackbar warned Celesteela, yet she chose to go anyways. Specs Anti-Celesteela Magnezone can do so many things for the team, Volt Switch support, wallbreaking and trapping. His main function is eliminating the steels which can wall Sharpedo, Cele and Skarm being the main ones, with TBolt/HP Fire. His next priority is Fairies, who he can switch-in to and kill with Flash Cannon. His last priority is to function as a pivot, with slow Volt Switch bringing Gengar, Lele and Sharpedo.

Swimmer (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

Nerfed, yet still holding on. OU since gen 1, Gengar is still the monster it always has been. The teams utility-breaker, he possesses the power of a wallbreaker with the kit of a support. With taunt, he can block both forms of entry hazard removal, as well as break stall. His two STAB moves can just be spammed and you will probably end up wiping the team, lol. Seriously though, barely anything in the tier resists ghost, and those who do are dismantled by something else in the kit or the team. Will-O-Wisp provides more support and a way to shut down physical attackers.

And that's the team! It was only after the build I realised it looked like Jaws, with a buff dude, sharks, a dead guy and a chick. I'm currently climbing the ladder at 1450-ish.

thenks​

hi, so i really like this team since i really like hyper offense and mega sharpedo is a real sleeper threat atm. so my rate will remain true to how you structured your team in a primarily offensive form.

as for simple changes, first i want to optimize your mega sharpedo with one simple change: jolly > adamant. reason being is mega sharpedo is at a rather important speed tier and not making the most out of it when it really counts can be devastating. for example, mega sharpedo can be used as an emergency revenge killer when volcarona has gotten a boost and is ravaging your team. it's mainly for moments such as that when you really wish you did use jolly.

sd + rocks garchomp is a really great set, but i think you'd benefit more from dragonium z > life orb. life orb is definitely great, but a z move makes it much easier to break through tangrowth and landorus-t without locking yourself into outrage and conceding momentum to an incoming steel or fairy-type. in all, it's better for ensuring you can nab the KO on garchomp's switch-ins after a boost.

with the z-move shift onto garchomp, tapu lele should use shed shell > fightinium z as it then can annoy stall without getting trapped by dugtrio. i'd also consider hp fire > focus blast.

tapu bulu is a pretty necessary component to this team as it's your best switch-in to zygarde and i understand your decision to go with maximum bulk. i don't object to it at all but i'd go with a slightly speedier spread of 196 hp / 252 atk / 60 spe. the speed allows you to outspeed max speed, neutral base 50's like mega mawile, that is the absolute minimum i would aim for when trying to converse bulk.

now onto the bigger changes, magnezone is a pretty imperative teammate too, considering how dependent your team currently is on steel-types getting trapped to ensure maximum offensive pressure on the opposition. however, the choice specs set doesn't fulfill the entirety of your teams needs. i believe assault vest > choice specs would focus more on role compression, which is something you really need to make sure you don't straight up lose to most magearna variants and tapu lele for that matter. a bulky steel-type is a necessity and magnezone can fulfill that role while still trapping opposing steels. the choice between thunderbolt and discharge is up to your preference, but discharge would be very helpful to punish switch-ins and support your team a bit more.
Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 140 HP / 192 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt / Discharge
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon

>

gengar seems to be your weakest link as it doesn't add much defensively to your team and has no real purpose aside from hitting hard, which i'm pretty sure you have covered with the large amount of powerful teammates you have. you currently lack any real buffer against keldeo (tapu bulu hates scald and gets overwhelmed) and greninja is incredibly annoying considering how easy av magnezone can get worn down trying to check too much at once. scarf latios > gengar seemed like a good change as it gave you a respectable buffer against keldeo, (ash)greninja, zygarde, garchomp, volcarona, a lot of pretty annoying threats for you to face. it also makes the weavile matchup a bit more bearable since a healthy latios can take an ice shard and retaliate. the last slot is pretty much up to you, roost gives you more longevity if you trick away the scarf, thunderbolt hits waters and celesteela, hp fire limits whether or not ferrothorn and mega scizor can switch-in.
Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Roost / Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire

i hope these changes work out for you and good luck !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)