Metagame Shared Power [Under Re-Construction!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
How does Magic Guard interact with Poison Heal?
How does Magic Guard interact with Solar Power?
How do weather abilities interact with each other? Same for surge abilities.
magic guard doesnt remove positive effects, just removes (most) detrimental ones.

magic guard will still let the user heal via leech seed/black sludge (as an example for PH).
solar power's effect should(grasping at "logic" straws for both, could be horridly wrong) be nullified, similarly to how life orb's/black sludge's negative recoil is stopped.

just to give better examples.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Lol with prankster you could even get +1 sleep talks for Roaring. Komala should definitely be forbidden ASAP as was the case with STABmons. Although, with Magic Guard being not uncommon, there are blanket answers to the problem. Dark types can also stay in should the Roar choose to be prank-boosted. Shouldn't have to even be a problem in the first place, though.
But with Prankster, Dark-Types counter you easly.

Something I think can also be fun to use is Simple + Stored Power / Power Trip with Speed Boost (Maybe Beast too). I remember Swoobat out of all things was able to do some nice things in Enchanted Items / Multibility with this set, so here other things can use it (Mega Latias comes to mind). I'll try to make a team around this later on.

Speed boost is banned from sharing, while none of the mons that receive it naturally are capable of learning Stored Power/Power Trip so unfortunately that strategy isn't possible.

Also, if anyone is curious, offensive moves triggered by prankster + sleep talk are still ineffective against dark types. So prankster/comatose circle throw or dragon tail aren't much more useful than prankster roar would be. You're better off just using a naturally fast mon with sleep talk/CT/DT. Honestly the combination of regenerator + magic guard makes comaphazing pretty ineffective regardless of whether or not you're running prankster, but it's still an annoying and uncompetitive strategy that you're pretty much forced to account for in some way shape or form if Comatose is legal. Given that it's effectiveness ranges from gamebreaking to utterly useless, it's a weird case, but because of the restrictive nature it places on teambuilding I don't think it should be unbanned. (I'd say the same about Water Bubble but we'll see how that plays out)

The potential for anti-meta strategies in this metagame is amazing. For instance a few people have mentioned how terrifying weather teams are, and rightfully so. But I haven't seen anyone mention how easy it is to slap Cloud Nine on your team and completely neutralize two, if not three of the opponent's abilities. Sure, the possible Cloud Nine donors are lackluster, the best is probably Altaria, who loses it upon going Mega. But being able to improve your matchup against weather teams so drastically is absolutely worth it. Some posts have stated that lack of viable supporters really bring some strategies down, but I disagree. I think the opportunity cost of using a subpar mon simply for its ability is much lower than the potential benefits of using it. Basically, having 5 strong mons with one super strong ability is worth using one weak link on your team, most of the time, I think.

Trace will only copy the active opponent's primary ability. This also goes for moves like Skill Swap, or ones like Core Enforcer that would deactivate the opponents ability.

The potential for anti-meta strategies in this metagame is amazing. For instance a few people have mentioned how terrifying weather teams are, and rightfully so. But I haven't seen anyone mention how easy it is to slap Cloud Nine on your team and completely neutralize two, if not three of the opponent's abilities. Sure, the possible Cloud Nine donors are lackluster, the best is probably Altaria, who loses it upon going Mega. But being able to improve your matchup against weather teams so drastically is absolutely worth it. Some posts have stated that lack of viable supporters really bring some strategies down, but I disagree. I think the opportunity cost of using a subpar mon simply for its ability is much lower than the potential benefits of using it. Basically, having 5 strong mons with one super strong ability is worth using one weak link on your team, most of the time, I think.
I brought up Cloud Nine in OM Workshop thread and yeah, Altaria isn't the best but weather teams are so dependant on weather that shutting it down can leave them null and void off the bat. Drampa also works, since it's viability is increased pretty significantly thanks to other mons boosting it's already sizeable offensive presence. Too bad it's still slow as ever.

Drampa sounds good actually, with prankster and adaptability it has the strongest special priority in the game (stab priority nature power). It also gets priority roost and sub which is pretty nice, berserk isnt too shabby either. As a bonus it resists water shuriken and aqua jet from rain teams and ko most water mons back

252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Drampa Nature Power vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kingdra: 268-317 (91.7 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Drampa Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gyarados-Mega: 205-242 (61.9 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Drampa Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Crawdaunt: 411-486 (153.9 - 182%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Drampa Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pinsir-Mega: 281-333 (103.6 - 122.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Drampa Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sand Rush Hoopa-Unbound: 205-242 (68.1 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Drampa Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 129-152 (39.9 - 47%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Adaptability Drampa Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Greninja-Ash: 338-400 (118.5 - 140.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Drampa Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Koko in Electric Terrain: 135-160 (48 - 56.9%) -- 91.4% chance to 2HKO

It does nothing against teams with ttar or dazzling tho, otherwise sounds pretty nice as a revenge killer

Last edited:
Just found the most cancer thing in the world.

Pikachu / Smthing with Magic Guard/Smthing with Sturdy/Komala/Sand Rush/Smthing with Scrappy

Pikachu @ Shell Bell
Ability: Static
Level: 1
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed

Look at this dude.
Yall already know how this works.
Enemy hits, Endure, Endeavor. Gets all HP back, Extreme Speed it.

Oponents cant try to Leech Seed it or indirect damage it, Magic Guard.
Oponents cant try to sleep it, Comatose.
Oponents cant try to set sandstorm (chip damage of sandstorm), Sand Rush.
Oponents cant bring a ghost type, Scrappy.
Oponents cant attack normaly, Endeavor.

The only thing they could do to defeat it is to set Hail, use Extreme Speed on it, use Atract on it, use a Multi-Hit move.
Yep, only 4 ways. One of those is *extremely* unviable, Atract. Hail and Multi-Hit arent common, and Extreme Speed... Dragonite gets it, so +1 of the million reasons to use Dragonite. He will be the only viable check to this monster.

This is the most broken thing in the whole meta, no doubt.
Something must be done, otherwise every team will be forced to use Dragonite.

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist

Pikachu / Smthing with Magic Guard/Smthing with Sturdy/Komala/Sand Rush/Smthing with Scrappy

Pikachu @ Shell Bell
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed

Look at this dude.

The only thing they could do to defeat it is to set Hail, use Extreme Speed on it, use Atract on it, use a Multi-Hit move.
Yep, only 4 ways. One of those is *extremely* unviable, Atract. Hail and Multi-Hit arent common, and Extreme Speed... Dragonite gets it, so +1 of the million reasons to use Dragonite. He will be the only viable check to this monster.

Problem for that: Comatose isnt passable, so you can in fact put it to sleep.

Does mold breaker ignore the opposing mold breaker? (Ex: I have haxorus and I use aqua tail vs a kyub which has dry skin thanks to someone... can I hit him or does mold breaker neutralise my mold breaker?) That's kinda hard to explain ,_,

Naturally when you're able to pretty much customize your team with multiple great abilities you're going to get a bunch of really broken stuff. Comatose especially is really good since you can protect your Sleep Talk Crobat or w/e with anti-priority abilities making it essentially untouchable. You can also bypass Magic Bounce using Scarf Dragon Tail Salazzle, the fastest OU dragon tail user, or Zygarde 10% which is a little slower but a lot stronger. To hit fairies, your best bet is Scarf regular Lopunny, the fastest Circle Throw user. If they get rocks up or some other hazard wearing your team down with this strat is an inevitability. The only way you can protect urself vs this is using Magic Guard or using multiple flyingtype regenerators or whatever so that u get a net increase in HP upon switching. As BH, AAA, etc. have taught us allowing Comatose on anything is very rarely a good idea.

please forgive me for this disgusting image

AquaticPanic

Community Leader

Pikachu @ Shell Bell
- Endeavor
- Extreme Speed

Look at this dude.

>Dazzling
>Queenly Majestry
>Psychic Surge

Could really hurt unprepared teams tho.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Does this look like this face of mercy?

Victini @ Expert Belt / Life Orb
Abilities: Victory Star + Contrary + Simple + Tinted Lens + (Slush Rush)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Overheat
- Stored Power
- Bolt Strike

rest of team:
Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Encore

Sandslash-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Taunt

Bibarel @ Leftovers
Ability: Simple
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Liquidation
- Quick Attack
- Taunt

Sigilyph @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Trick

Yeh what deals with this thing besides insert Volt Absorb + Flash Fire + Unaware Dark-type lol. Although it relies on rather useless team members, it's worth the tradeoff since you have access to a hell of a threat. I think we might need to lock at stuff like Contrary and Simple since they can easily become to hard to manage when paired with other stuff like Dazzling and Multiscale to help vs offense.

Also lol Comaphaze:

http://pokepast.es/9410c9a265088945

I've tried to implement this on ROM, but I think I see at least one bug already without anyone even playtesting it...

Has anyone mentioned Dry Skin + Flash Fire yet? Add Drizzle + Swift Swim + Rain Dish + Hydration? Alternatively, Water types might prefer Sap Sipper + Volt Absorb.

Compound Eyes looks useful as there are are a ton of inaccurate moves out there, and you don't get the negative effects of No Guard.

Competitive + Defiant + Weak Armor + Stored Power might be broken.

Talonflame will get more competitive with Magic Guard + Regnerator to keep Gale Wings active.

Drought + Harvest + Gluttony + Berry?

Cursed Body would be gimmicky, but very annoying. Iron Barbs + Rough Skin, anyone?

If phasing gets popular, Suction Cups might get a niche.
Overcoat is probably better; it protects against Hail and Powder-based moves as well.

Grats Haaku, so glad this got put in to exsistence. This looks to be a great meta!

Reserving Guide to Stall in the future because screw Adrian Marin

Council Bans: Week 1

aGroove and I have conducted the first week of the tiering rounds! Every week until the metagame is stable, we will look at potential banworthy and unbanworthy elements in Shared Power and vote. Without further ado, here are the results:

Comatose: Ban
Water Bubble: Ban
Tinted Lens: Ban
Tapu Lele: Wait
Fur Coat: Wait
Fluffy: Wait
Contrary: Wait
Sand Stream: Wait
Drought: Wait
Drizzle: Wait
Snow Warning: Wait
Dragonite: Wait

As a result, Comatose, Water Bubble, and Tinted Lens have been banned from Shared Power!

Comatose was questioned by many and is now banned from Shared Power. Unlike in AAA, you can actually phaze with priority thanks to the use of Prankster in tandem with it. It may or may not be inherently broken, but it was quickly decided that comaphazing is an unwanted and uncompetitive element in Shared Power.

Water Bubble was also banned because of its general splashability on Rain teams. Water Bubble alongside Swift Swim, Drizzle, and Adaptability basically forces teams to run a Water immune mon like Mantine or Toxicroak. While these are not bad options regardless, needing to run such a mon just to combat this specific ability limits teambuilding too much to warrant it staying in Shared Power. If Drizzle is ever banned in the future, then this ability might be looked at again, but it’s banned as things stand.

Tinted Lens is an incredibly powerful ability that limits defensive counterplay to just about anything. It was evident when people started talking about Dragonite in tandem with this and Aerilate, simply obliterating offensive and defensive teams alike. It limited viable playstyles far too much for it to stay in Shared Power.

I won’t explain Weather-Inducing Abilities because Groove already did so.

Voting to wait on Dragonite might be offputting to some people, but it does not seem to pose such a threat since Tinted Lens is banned. Defensive counterplay to it now exists, and while Multiscale is still a very very good ability, Dragonite is unable to simply spam Extreme Speed every time it comes in and nag a kill. We will see in the coming week if Dragonite still proves to be a broken Pokemon in Shared Power.

I’m confused. Does only one Pokémon share its ability, or does everything share their abilities? Also, why is Deoxys-Defense unbanned?

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
I’m confused. Does only one Pokémon share its ability, or does everything share their abilities?
everything shares eachothers abilities. adaptability will be usable on ALL six mons, however, abilities that are banned like comatose and mold breaker will only be usable on the one mon (alongside the other 5 abilities)

so MB haxorus, drizzle pelipper, SS kingdra, adapt crawdaunt, iron barbs ferro, and flash fire heatran would have:
haxorus: mold breaker, drizzle, swift swim, adapt, iron barbs, flash fire
pelipper: drizzle, swift swim, adapt, iron barbs, flash fire
kingdra: drizzle, swift swim, adapt, iron barbs, flash fire
craw: drizzle, swift swim, adapt, iron barbs, flash fire
ferro: drizzle, swift swim, adapt, iron barbs, flash fire
heatran: drizzle, swift swim, adapt, iron barbs, flash fire

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
[QUOTE="Reviloja753, post: 7617575, member: 390935"Also, why is Deoxys-Defense unbanned?[/QUOTE]
Iirc from the Workshop thread, it's because of how much power creep there's around, making Deo-D way easier to knock out.

[QUOTE="Reviloja753, post: 7617575, member: 390935"Also, why is Deoxys-Defense unbanned?
Iirc from the Workshop thread, it's because of how much power creep there's around, making Deo-D way easier to knock out.
Considering the reason why Deo-D was banned in the first place (http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...enation-of-the-wretched.3509824/#post-5540411) idk if this is really a good reason. It's ability to stack hazards would, in theory, be done even better thanks to it having 5 additional abilities to work with and Magic Bounce is unable to be shared meaning it cant be stopped really easily. also since this meta likely will be warped around stacking tons of abilities on offensive mons and bulldozing the enemy, Deo-D will probably enable this uncontrollable playstyle to be incredible, potentially even overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)