SM OU Sector Z

Welcome raters to this Pokebank OU RMT!
Now, lemme be honest with you, despite the fact I've been playing OU for years now, I'm not the greatest. This is especially apparent in this new generation, with a new meta. I was pretty much lost whenever I built a team. So, that's why I need your help, Star Fox... I mean, raters.

Here we have a balance VoltTurn team kinda sorta built around Genesect and Mega Alakazam

(Alolan)

Step 1:
(
)
I really hate Celesteela, so I wanted to build a team around Magnezone, which traps and kills non-Shed Shell variants. I added Mega Alakazam as another super strong Special Attacker after hearing that it really thrives in the current meta. Not sure if that's really true anymore, but what evs. Down the line after a few battles, I made a second version of the team that replaced Magnezone with Genesect. This 2nd version has worked out better for me and is the version in this RMT

Step 2:
(pretend that it's Alolan)
I knew that Tapu Lele was running around destroying everything and after watching pokeaimmd's Alolan Muk showcase, showing how Alolan Muk can Pursuit trap and deal massive damage to Tapu Lele while also standing up to most of it's hits, I was inspired and added Alolan Muk to the squad with an appropriate nickname.

Step 3:

Seeing that I was missing a hazard setter and Electric immunity, I added Hippowdon to the team. In ORAS, I had a team that featured Hippowdon and that Hippowdon was great, so I was excited add it to this team, too. Plus, Rocks are Rocks and Hippowdon does a good job of setting them up multiple times if needed.

Step 4:

Next, I wanted something that could deal with Bulky Steel-types, so I added Infernape to the team. Infernape adds priority, a Ferrothorn check, and completes a VoltTurn core with Genesect..... That's pretty much it.

Step 5:

Lastly, I saw that I needed a check to Water-types, hazard control, and a Ground immunity for good measure, so I added the new and improved Mantine as a wall. I have personally always liked Mantine competitively, but due to it's previous lack of recovery, it was never great. Then Gen 7 blessed it with Roost and gave it more HP on top that, so I was eager to try it out.

The Squad:

Ubers (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
Starting it off is Ubers the Genesect, who is my Revenge Killer and acts as a check to threats such as Ferrothorn, Celesteela, Clefable, and Tapu Lele/Bulu. With a nice 120 Special Attack, high speed with a Scarf, and a vast movepool, Genesect is able to lure and take out many threats before switching out, or doing a lot of chip damage with a possibly +1 STAB U-Turn. It also has a great typing, leaving it only weak to Fire and giving it a ton of resistances, most notably Fairy, allowing it to come in on certain things and not feel too threatened. Flash Cannon is my main STAB move and hits Fairy-types like Clefable, Tapu Lele, and the rare Togekiss very hard while also hitting some other key threats like Tyranitar, Kyurem-Black, and Weavile. U-Turn gives me a way to gain momentum and allows Genesect to deal chip damage while switching out if I'm in a bad spot. Next, there are 3 moves that can go on Genesect, being the trio of Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, and Ice Beam. Currently, I have Flamethrower for other Steel-types like Ferrothorn and Thunderbolt for bulky Water-types like Toxapex and Tapu Fini. Ice Beam is also an option to hit Landorus-T and opposing Hippowdon. The Choice Scarf allows Genesect to outspeed much of the tier and hit hard and fast.

->

Spork (Alakazam-Mega) (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
Next, we have my Mega and super strong Special Attacker, Spork the Mega Alakazam. With a great 175 Special Attack and blazing 150 Speed, Spork is able to outspeed and deal massive damage to pretty much everything. Alakazam's Psychic-typing gives me a good way of dealing with Poison and Fighting-types like Toxapex and Keldeo, who are both very threatening. Psychic is Spork's main STAB move and hits a lot of the tier very hard, specifically hitting Pokemon such as Toxapex, Venusaur, Bewear, Buzzwole, and Gengar. Dazzling Gleam gives Spork a way to deal with Dark-type immune to Psychic while also providing coverage for Dragons. I use Gleam over Focus Blast due to Dazzling Gleam's reliability and ability to hit Mega Sableye. Shadow Ball give coverage for Ghosts like Decidueye as well as Psychic-types like Tapu Lele or opposing Alakazams. Finally, Taunt gives my team a way of dealing with bulky mons that need status moves. Alakazam, being the fastest Pokemon on my team, is great at this, especially against Pokemon it can't just nuke, like Chansey.

i hate lele (Muk-Alola) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Poison Jab
- Flamethrower (actually useless)
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
i hate lele the Alolan Muk acts as a bulky Physical Attacker, offensive pivot, and check to all Psychic-types. With it's amazing Poison/Dark-typing, Muk can reliably beat Grass-types like Tsareena, Psychic-types like Alakazam or Necrozma, offensive Ghosts like Gengar, and Fairies like Clefable. It's great bulk at 105/75/100 makes it pretty much untouchable on the special side, making Muk even more useful in checking the mostly Speical Attacking types of Fairy, Ghost, and Psychic. For moves, Poison Jab hits Grass and Fairy-types hard and has a high chance to Poison with Poison Touch. Poison Jab over Gunk Shot for reliability and a higher chance to Poison, since Gunk Shot doesn't make contact so Poison Touch doesn't activate. Flamethrower is supposed to hit Ferrothorn and Celesteela, but due to a combination of a lack of SpAtk investment, the bulk of those Steel-types, and Flamethrower power, it's actually useless. Pursuit can deal massive damage to any Ghost or Psychic-type that dares to switch out, and they usually have to. Knock Off can remove items and acts as powerful Dark STAB. Poison Touch is i hate lele's ability, enabling it to cripple anything is touches wit Poison 30% of the time (or 60% if using Poison Jab).

Big Bertha (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge
Big Bertha the Hippowdon acts as a mixed wall and hazard setter. With her nice Ground-typing, Big Bertha provides a nice Electric immunity, which is good for Magnezone and Xurkitree, as well as messing up Scarf Tapu Leles and Genesects that lock themselves into Thunderbolt. Hippowdon great 108/112/72 bulk allows it to be a great wall, taking many hits like they were nothing. To capitalize on this, Big Bertha has 252 SpD EVs and a Careful Nature, maximizing her Special bulk while also keeping her great natural Physical bulk. Earthquake provides coverage for Electric-types and other threats weak to Ground, like Alolan Marowak and Tyranitar. Stealth Rock is a great hazard, weakening anything that switches in and breaking Sashes. Slack Off gives Hippowdon reliable recovery, allowing it to wall stuff across the whole match and stall out anything that can't 2HKO her. Stone Edge hits anything that's floating for decent damage like the Lati twins. One move I'm considering is Whirlwind to phaze out setup sweepers.

Fervent (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Mach Punch
- U-turn
- Thunder Punch
Fervent the Infernape acts as a fast and strong physical attacker as well as a check to Steel-types. Infernape's Fire/Fighting-typing gives me a way of dealing with Steel-types like Ferrothorn, which can wall a lot of my team, as well a giving me a way to beat Normal-types like Bewear and Dark-types like Tyranitar. For moves, Fervent has Fire Punch as a main STAB move that hits Steel-types like Celesteela, Grass-types like Tapu Bulu, and Bug-types like Mega Scizor. Mach Punch gives my team priority, which I otherwise lack, as well as a Fighting-type move to hit Normal, Dark, and Rock-types for good damage. U-Turn gives me momentum and forms a VoltTurn core with Genesect. Thunder Punch gives Infernape a way to hit pesky Water-types, specifically Pelipper. Iron Fist boosts the power of 3 of Infernape's moves, which can come in handy. Life Orb also increases Fervent's damage output while still allowing it to switch moves.

Flap Flap (Mantine) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic
Rounding out the team, we have Flap Flap the Mantine, another mixed wall and my form of hazard control. Mantine's Water/Flying-typing and great 85/70/140 bulk provides a way to deal with a multitude of types like Water-types, Fighting-types, and Fire-types. Without this, Pokemon with such types could definitely dent or even sweep my team if given the opportunity. To capitalize on Mantine's great bulk, Flap Flap has max Defense EVs to maximize his Physcial bulk while also maintaining his high Special bulk. For moves, Scald give Mantine a way to hit Fire-types like Alolan Marowak while also letting it cripple physical attackers with burns. Defog removes pesky hazards that wear down my team. Roost, blessed upon Mantine in this generation, gives Mantine reliable recovery, increasing it's longevity and allowing it to wall things for the whole game. Toxic can wear down Special Attackers or walls who otherwise wouldn't care about getting burned.

Threatlist:
Stall - I don't any Stallbreakers or real wallbreakers, so Stall simply wins
I'll probably add more stuff here later.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Well, thanks for reading/rating!

Ubers (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt

Spork (Alakazam-Mega) (M) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

i hate lele (Muk-Alola) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- Poison Jab
- Flamethrower
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Big Bertha (Hippowdon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Fervent (Infernape) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fire Punch
- Mach Punch
- U-turn
- Thunder Punch

Flap Flap (Mantine) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)