Special Season 1: Alola, Solgaleo and Lunala!

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I would reset for a quite nature if you run it in TR. Furthermore try to reset for 0 Spe IV's to make it as slow as possible.
Since we play sat level 50, Magearna can have a bit higher of a speed iv and still be just as slow. You just need a speed stat of 63 and a Quiet nature when you pick up Magearna, and then you are golden ( for bottle cap grinding lol)

Hey Theorymon, I have a few questions. I wanna use a Trick Room team with Lunala, but I have a Timid one. Is it still useable or is only a Modest/Quiet one viable with this kind of team? What nature is yours? Thanks!

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So now that final exams and Battle of Alola are out of the way, I've updated the viability list! Here are the updates:

-Alolan Muk and Alolan Ninetales added to A rank. They've proven themselves to be fairly common threats that you gotta watch out for!

-Tapu Koko moved up to A, mostly because of Celesteela usage increasing lol

-Hydreigon and Weavile moved down to B. They're still viable, but Alolan Muk has sorta taken over as one of the defacto Lunala checks.

-Blissey added to B. Believe it or not, stall can be effective in this metagame, and Blissey is a major reason why!

-Alomomola and Skarmory added to C, as you sometimes see them on stall (Alomomola mainly due to it checking Solgaleo so well, Skarmory because of the recovery it gets over Celesteela)

-Snorlax added to B, because its one of the few viable bulky Pursuit users in the metagame.

-Gyarados added to B, its a surprisingly effective set up sweeper that sets up on major threats such as Solgaleo.

-Golisopod added to C, some people are using a silly priority based set that can catch Lunala by surprise with Sucker Punch lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)