Tournament ryan's ideal nu minotaur

Status
Not open for further replies.
inspired by koko's ideal uu tournament

this tournament is going to be oras nu but amazing

in this tournament, the following will be legal for use. some are BW and XY throwbacks, some are things RU needs to cough up, and some are just mons i want. a couple are only here because of the bans.

- Absol
- Ambipom
- Aromatisse
- Cinccino
- Dragalge without Adaptability
- Eelektross
- Feraligatr without Sheer Force
- Fletchinder
- Golbat
- Granbull
- Mega Banette
- Qwilfish
- Sawk
- Seismitoad
- Serperior without Contrary
- Togetic
- Uxie

in addition, the following will be banned

- Garbodor
- Knock Off
- Lovely Kiss
- Pursuit
- Sleep Powder
- Smeargle
- Xatu

i would ban scald too but it's not bad in nu. i was trying to figure out the best way to handle spikes and i decided to ban garbodor. dropped some defoggers but no xatu means garbodor is gay as fuck. natu is allowed tho and it's not getting knocked so go wild with your magic bounce. i was gonna bring back pangoro too but let's be real shit's still nasty without knock.

finally, Baton Pass clause is still intact, but you are now allowed to have as many Pokemon with the move Baton Pass on your team as your heart desires. because of this rule, games should be played in the ORAS Ubers format.
Identity

If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming. Any battler worth their marbles has more than one team. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any forceful scouting. There is a difference between "ipl is known for using stall" and "let me follow ipl around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

Timer Clause

Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment.

Disconnections

If a player disconnects and either player contends that they could still win, the optimal solution is to recreate the exact situation the disconnection occurred at during the battle. If it is agreed between players that this is not feasible due to unreasonable battle length, highly improbable circumstances, or some other reason, the player who did not disconnect may choose to rematch with either the same teams or (the option to use) new teams. Timing out is still classified as a loss, unless the reason for timing out is a disconnection. If there is any suspicion that a disconnect was carried out deliberately to take advantage of this rule in any way, we reserve the right to exercise a harsh punishment. Do not do it.

REPLAYS ARE REQUIRED. There are many changes in this format, and I want to have no reason to doubt the legalities of each team. If somebody is found to be using anything illegal, they will be disqualified and possibly infracted. Plus, it's a fun forum minitour, and people are going to want to watch replays.

Signups will close no earlier than 12:00 AM CST on Monday, 8/15. They will likely close later than that because I'll probably be asleep then and I might want more signups anyways, but if you do not make it by the time signups are closed, the best I can offer is a sub.

Round 1 will last seven days. Subsequent rounds might be shorter depending on number of participants. Extensions will not be given beyond Round 1. There is nothing at stake here; don't hold up your opponents.

signups:
ryan
Sanjay.
Arifeen
Tangelo
BasedLord Kirito
~Eternally
astroboy
Ov3r Ac3
Paradise~
PursuitOfHappiny
cryalot
Shadestep
Villa
Kushalos
Holiano
TTFTW
0Nl
r0ady
Aubisio
Adaire
Yogibears
cyanize
Aramonia
quziel
wishes
Drangonn.
Kenny
Solgaleo
KinderPingui
Quite Quiet
Sacri'
Aurora
MaroGod

Round One:

Sacri' vs. ~Eternally
0Nl vs. Arifeen
cyanize vs. Sanjay.
Kushalos vs. Shadestep
TTFTW vs. quziel
astroboy vs. Aramonia
MaroGod vs. Aurora
Paradise~ vs. Holiano
Quite Quiet vs. TonyFlygon
Aubisio vs. pancake
Drangonn. vs. Ov3r Ac3
Adaire vs. ryan
Villa vs. Yogibears
r0ady vs. cryalot
Kenny vs. Tangelo
BasedLord Kirito vs. wishes vs. KinderPingui

Round Two:

ryan vs cyanize
Kenny vs Arifeen
Villa vs Ov3r Ac3
TonyFlygon vs quziel
r0ady vs pancake
~Eternally vs Aramonia
KinderPingui vs Paradise~
Aurora vs Kushalos

Round Three:

Aramonia vs. KinderPingui
Arifeen vs Ov3r Ac3
TonyFlygon vs Kushalos
pancake vs ryan

Last edited:
just banned smeargle cuz i forgot it existed and fuck that

also cuz it's not super obvious in the op: bp clause is intact, but you can use multiple bp mons

cyanize

Mantra Good I Casted So Many Spells U Idiot
is a Community Contributor
in for sub cm uxie

e: why is sneasel not freed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)