RU RU Generations Tournament - Playoffs (WON BY KUSHALOS)

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
OP stolen from Hogg

RU Generations Tournament
Welcome to the Playoffs of the RU Generations Tournament, where the top 1 players from the three RU Cups will duke it out for glory, SC points, and bragging rights!

Before we get into the matchups, I want to extend a huge thanks to phantom and MrAldo for hosting the individual cups. I also want to congratulate everyone who has made it this far.

Each series will be Bo3 with the higher seed choosing which one of the three RU tiers is played first. The remaining games will use the standard "loser picks next" deciding order.

Without further ado, here are the people qualified to be in playoffs:

Round One

Byes: Kushalos, Level 56, -Tsunami-, Arifeen
We Three Kings
vs #12
SilentVerse

ZoroDark
vs #11
slurmz

Lax
vs #10
BOUFF

Rakan
vs #9
EviGaro

Deadline for the round is 3rd July

Round 2

Kushalos
vs #8
Rakan

Level 56
vs #10
BOUFF

-Tsunami-
vs #6
ZoroDark

Arifeen
vs #5
We Three Kings

Semifinals
Kushalos
vs #4
Arifeen

BOUFF
vs #6
ZoroDark

Deadline: 19th July 23:59 EST!!!

FINALS
Kushalos
vs #6
ZoroDark

Deadline: GET IT DONE PLZ

Last edited:

eren

je suis d'ailleurs
ggs bouff, upset with how i played that series

feli and i will play sometime after/on june 20th
sv and i will john
sam and i have yet to get in contact, will edit w time

#5 We Three Kings vs. #12 Silentverse - i am fairly confident neither player has had two consecutive games that did not require an extension, coin-flip, or mangled attempt at rescheduling, so it'd be more appropriate to say i'm predicting a dead game. however, in the event that they do play, i'd come to favor mox mox, who has shown to be in form for a minute. he should nab oras + 1, though that might get iffy depending on who's providing for him in each meta.

#6 Zorodark vs. #11 slurmz - underdog. i think bw goes to zoro here by merit of higher familiarity and tour consistency, but provided an a game performance that doesn't go overly aggro in doubles, slurmz could pull it out in oras + sm off greater depth of knowledge in the tier. most interesting set this round for me.

#7 Lax vs #10 BOUFF - i woulda rooted for lax lol, bouff's sm game is wack af

#8 Rakan vs #9 Evigaro - scientists are still are deciphering some of the doubles pulled by rakan in his run thus far, however i think he has shown enough for me to give him the slight edge here. the obvious assumption is rakan takes bw, evigaro oras, and sm becomes the decider, and while i've appreciated evi's creative building angles, some of them just totally rub me the wrong way (ex: oras clef bo w/maybe 3 sr-weaks). both seem mildly choke-prone as well, but if both take the time to consider long-term implications on their plays this should make for a pretty fun set.

as always, post (or just lmk haha) when ur playing, wanna be there :pirate:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Completely unbiased predictions

We Three Kings vs SilentVerse - Plays more metas and solid in BW so it wont be an easy win for SV there (especially if he keeps bringing the same stall team) so yeah.

Zorodark vs slurmz - if slurmz doesnt repeat the garbage way he played against sam i yam, he has the slight edge but you never know with him. Slurmz likes beating himself (still trying to get that series out of my head, no idea what happened)

Lax vs Bouff - Feels Lax has been playing much better in general (BW finalist and I know he can play really solidy in ORAS, SM can be a tossup but feels he is slightly on his favor after what I have seen from both).

Rakan vs EviGaro - This could go either way, lol. In theory Rakan easily takes the BW game, and EviGaro easily takes the ORAS game so the set will be decided on a wild SM game (unless these 2 bring stall on the last game, which would be Zzzzzz). The most even series in general imo, SM will be a nail bitter.

Good luck everyone!

Edit: I actually rooted for lax too, unfortunate

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)