Other Rotom Posse | Rate My Meme Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would like to preface this post by saying a couple of things. First of all, this is my first team build so I'm still quite new to all of the components of it, especially EVs and somewhat held items and movesets. Second, this team is not meant to win competitive matches consistently; instead, I built this with more casual matches in mind. It is a meme team, after all. ;) Now, onto the team!

Sp00ky (Rotom Normal) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs:
252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hex
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
As you'll come to see throughout this set, much of it relies on giving the opponents' Pokémon some kind of status problem, be it paralysis, burn, confusion, etc.; and several of the Rotoms in this set are also equipped with Hex to provide a move that does a lot more damage under these already harmful status problems. However, Sp00ky is the main Hexer as it provides extra STAB damage. It also has Thunderbolt to deal some more STAB damage and give a possible paralysis and Shadow Ball for a miscellaneous STAB move. On top of all this, all the Rotoms in this set come equipped with Volt Switch. This is designed to allow them to quickly adapt to the situation by being able to switch out with a more advantageous Rotom without losing a turn and dealing a good amount of electric STAB damage.

Breezy (Rotom Fan) @ Magnet
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Air Slash
- Electroweb
- Electro Ball

- Volt Switch
Unlike the rest of the set, Breezy was not designed with status problems in mind. First, as you'll see with the rest of the set, it's got its special STAB move Air Slash, but on top of that is a speed mechanic. Electro Ball, on top of being a STAB and boosted by Magnet, deals more damage if the user is faster than the opponent, so Breezy uses Electroweb to slow down the enemy, dealing massive damage with Electro Ball afterwards.

Ice Box (Rotom Frost) @ Never-Melt Ice
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt

- Hex
- Volt Switch
This one is a more standard Rotom in this set. It can cause either paralysis through Thunderbolt or freeze through Blizzard, both also dealing STAB damage. On top of that, it's got Hex to deal extra damage once a status problem is set up, albeit not as strong as Sp00ky's STAB Hex, though.

Broiler (Rotom Heat) @ Charcoal
EVs: 212 SpA / 232 Spd / 64 HP
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Sunny Day
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
This Rotom's EVs have been changed slightly since it has so much set up: Will-O-Wisp, its status move, deals no damage right away and neither does Sunny Day, so I gave it a bit of extra HP to help keep it alive while setting up for Overheat.

Spin Cycle (Rotom Wash) @ Splash Plate
EVs: 212 SpA / 232 Spd / 64 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance
- Toxic
- Volt Switch
Spin Cycle is very similar to Broiler in terms of its EVs and move set. It's got a status move, Toxic, which (while not STAB like Will-O-Wisp) gives the team much-needed protection against Fairy-types, but deals no outright damage. It also has Rain Dance to set up for Hydro Pump in the same way Sunny Day sets up for Overheat.

Mowtown (Rotom Mow) @ Life Orb
EVs: 220 SpA / 220 Spd / 68 HP
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Signal Beam
- Hex
- Volt Switch
Mowtown is more about coverage than anything else in particular. There is, of course, the STAB Leaf Storm, but it also the Bug-type move Signal Beam which, aside from having the chance of causing confusion, is a good protection against Dark-types. Since Mowtown has such a variety of move types, I decided to give it Life Orb, which can boost all of them, but this is also what caused me to give it extra HP EVs since Life Orb will tap into HP.

Overall, I had a very fun time coming up with and building this team, but I do have to again stress that it's not meant to be overly competitive, but rather just a fun team to play with casually. Still, any suggestions you have that stick to the general formula above are very welcome, especially if they're about the EVs. Thanks for viewing the Rotom Posse Meme Team!

I don't see anything positive coming out of this; there's nothing for a rater to go off of when rating this team. Please avoid posting blatant meme teams in the future. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)