Walrus RODAN's epic walrus (for gamers) - Won by asek

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 9th with 6.5 points: vonFiedler

Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power of Love

This is a pretty cool sounding song, nice and slow. The thing about this one is I just don’t really like his voice at all. And I like the other upcoming songs more than this one. Also I wouldn’t ever relisten to this.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 8th with 6.6 points: Texas Cloverleaf

Lights - Oil & Water

I LOVE Lights! Except this album, which I think is only OK. I think the Listening is the best she’s been and Siberia has a couple of pretty awesome tracks on it. This album though? Its like a solid 5/10 throughout. This is one of my favourite songs on the album though.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 7th with 6.7 points: Asek

Slowdive - Alison

Could never really get into shoegaze, but Slowdive was the only band I really liked out of what I listened to. This song is Good. But I still don’t really like the genre very much, can someone explain to me why people like “Loveless” BTW

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 6th with 6.8 points: Steven Snype

Lostprophets - Outro

I really really like this. But I couldn’t in good faith rate it higher because the Lead singer of this band literally raped a baby and is now in jail. And I can’t wash that stink off the song. Sorry.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 5th with 7 points: sam-testings

Kid Cudi - Pursuit of Happiness

This is a pretty solid song, and about as dreamlike rap can get. I really could see myself floating through space listening to this. Is that weird? Probably.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 4th with 7.1 points: shubaka17

Message to Bears - Mountains

I feel like i’m repeating myself a lot. But this song is super dreamlike and I could zone out to this super easily. It isnt boring either though, it keeps my attention with the instrumentals. You didnt come bottom 5 shubaka how does it feel

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 3rd with 7.2 points: Yeti

Marnie - Submariner

I don’t really think this is dreamlike. But I just really really really like this. It is extremely good synthpop. The last 2 minutes is absolutely killer.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 2nd with 7.3 points: Lord Gaius

Happy Rhodes - Ra is a Busy God

This song makes me zone out. I love her voice a lot, I love the backing track a lot. I like almost everything about this. This round in general isn’t as highly rated as others due to the inherent lack of replayability in some of these. I still really do like the song though.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 1st with 7.7 points: Da Letter El

Washed Out - Feel it All Around

Leading this off to say i’m disappointed no one submitted vaporwave. This is the closest we’ve got to that in this category. And guess what? I really like it! This is the type of music that will have me typing the bad meme A E S T H E T I C. But yea, I really like this, I would actually relisten to this while doing other things. Good song. Love you bae.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 15th with 4.4 points: Da Letter El

Major Lazer ft a bunch of people - Cold Water

One of the least inspiring drops. I usually like Major Lazers particular brand of EDM. but this is just uninspiring in every way. Biebs is ok on this but nothing special.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 14th with 4.5 points: Steven Snype

Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal

This is so droning. It sounds like what I imagine going insane sounds like.

In 13th with 4.7: LightWolf

Demjén Ferenc - Jégszív

Hungarian hair metal ballad holy moly. This would be wayyy higher if I liked this guys voice, but I hate it.

In 12th with 5.3 points: KnightsOfCydonia

System of a Down - Snowblind

I like SOAD but I do not like this at all. It’s about all the worst things SOAD does but all put into 1 song. Ranked this high because of the pretty good guitarwork.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 11th with 5.5 points: Martin

Vivaldi - Winter

I don’t really like classical, but even I can appreciate this. Theres a reason they are called classics after all.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 10th with 5.6 points: Lord Gaius

Stars - The North

This is a style of music that I just do not enjoy at all. The sappy sentimental indie acoustic guitar tripe. This is better than I expected it to be, but I still do not like it enough to warrant it any higher than this

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 9th with 5.7 points: Yeti

Jane Wiedlen - Icicle

I went into this expecting to absolutely love this. But I am a lot warmer on this than I expected. It SOUNDS like it should be a late 90s summer jam, but something about it just falls flat for me. Maybe its her voice, idk.

In 8th with 6 points: zorbees

Demi Lovato - Stone Cold

What this song reminds me of is an Adele song. Technically good, a little boring, and about the same old generic topic.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 7th with 6.8 points: myzozoa

Blondie - Picture This

I <3 Debbie Harry. This is a good track, but nothing truly inspiring or interesting. Has the makings to be a good song but never quite makes it there.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 6th with 7 points: sam-testings

Porter Robinson - Fresh Static Snow

Did not expect to like this as much as I did to be completely honest with you. But I REALLY do, this is really cool. Has a bit of a vocaloid feel to it

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 5th with 7.1 points: Asek

Modest Mouse - Third Planet

I love me some modest mouse, not much really to say about this one. Not one of my all time favourites but servicable enough to score this.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 4th with 8.1 points: Walrein

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom

<3 No Doubt. This album is a fucking jam from front to back. This is one of the lesser known songs from it but it is such a fucking hard hitting jam. Really awesome track. Everything in the top 4 I really, really, really like.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 3rd with 8.2 points: vonFiedler

The Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

This song reminds me of my mom, she loves this song. I listened to this song a lot growing up. Absolutely adore it.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
In 2nd with 8.4 points: Texas Cloverleaf

Tori Amos - Winter

This is the type of music that I really fucking love honestly. Its an under represented genre in my repertoire. Love the slow baroque pop stylings of Norah Jones, Fiona Apple, Regina Spektor etc. I’m glad I finally get to rate a song in this genre. This is great.

In 1st with 8.6 points: Blazade

Serenity - Coldness Kills

Now on the complete other end of the spectrum. Some epically corny and cheesy power metal. Another genre that I have nothing but love for, brings me back to high school. Singing about dragons and black holes and shit over some ripping guitar and you have me sold. Bonus points for how smooth the voice is. This gives me HUGE sonata arctica vibes, which was my favourite band for a long time. Boy!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)