All Gens RoAPL 3: Finals [8T/96P Won by Pyrite Town Pichus]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Banner by TrainerSplash | Auction assisted by OrdA | Official RoAPL Discord Server | Spreadsheet

Manager Signups | Player Signups | Talk | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Semifinals | Finals

Introduction

The old gen team tournament you've been waiting for, for so long... finally returns! This time around, the qualifying season has expanded to 8 teams! What's more, a semi-finals is introduced, as well as a new generation, ORAS OU.

The format will thus consist of 2 spots of RBY OU, GSC OU, ADV OU, DPP OU, BW OU and ORAS OU best of 1 for each team in their weekly match up, with 7 weeks of qualifying, followed by a seeded semi-finals (top 4) and then finals. Managers and assistant managers will not be able to play. Dead games will be declared and battles ending in a tie will be not replayed (both are worth 0 points). Teams will receive 1 point for a win, 1/2 a point for a tie and 0 points for a loss at the end of each week. Individual wins, Individual win percentage will be the tie-breaker for qualifying for the playoffs.

The winners gets the possibility of displaying
or
in their signature, and the top ranked player in a tier can display
or
In the event of a playoffs tiebreak, management of both teams will rank their preferred tiers from #1-#3. Points will be assigned to the ranks in the following way: Higher Seed (#1 or #2): #1 - 100000, #2 - 1000, #3 - 10, #4-6 - 0 | Lower Seed (#3 or #4): #1 - 10000, #2 - 100, #3 - 1, #4-6 - 0. The point values are arbitrary but represent the relationship of higher seed > lower seed > higher seed > lower seed > higher seed > lower seed in terms of weighting. The 3 tiers with the highest number of points will be selected for the tiebreak set and managers will then choose any 3 unique players from each of their teams to play in the determined tier spots. If there's a tie in seeds that can't be broken, the same process will be used but with equal weighting of 100, 10, 1 and the 3rd tier will be decided at random if a tie persists.
RBY OU

Banned Moves
Dig, Double Team, Fissure, Fly, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Dig/Fly Glitch Prevention + Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Pokémon
Mew, Mewtwo.
Clauses
Freeze Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

GSC OU

Banned Pokémon
Celebi, Ho-oh, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Moveset Combinations
Hypnosis|Lovely Kiss|Sing|Sleep Powder|Spore AND Perish Song AND Mean Look|Spider Web (Sleep Perish Trap)
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

ADV OU

Banned Pokémon
Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet, Wynaut.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Moves on Pokémon
Ingrain on Smeargle.
Clauses

DPP OU

Banned Pokémon
Arceus (All formes), Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-oh, Kyogre, Latias, Latios, Lugia, Manaphy, Mew, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Salamence, Shaymin-Sky, Wobbuffet, Wynaut.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).
Banned Abilities
Sand Veil and Snow Cloak for Pokémon with more than one ability.
Clauses

BW OU

Banned Pokémon
Arceus (All Formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Landorus, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Thundurus, Tornadus-Therian, Zekrom.
Banned Moves
Banned Items
Soul Dew.
Banned Abilities
Moody, Sand Veil and Snow Cloak.
Banned Ability Combinations
Drizzle & Swift Swim , Sand Stream & Sand Rush, Drought & Chlorophyll.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Team Preview Clause.

ORAS OU

Banned Pokémon
Aegislash, Arceus (All Formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys (All formes), Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Greninja, Groudon, Groudon-Primal, Ho-Oh, Hoopa-Unbound, Kyogre, Kyogre-Primal, Kyurem-White, Landorus, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom.
Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves), Swagger.
Banned Items
Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Lucarionite, Mawilite, Sablenite, Salamencite, Soul Dew.
Banned Abilities
Moody, Shadow Tag.
Clauses
Sleep Clause, Species Clause, Team Preview Clause, Baton Pass Clause.

Matches Completed: 9/12 (75.0%)

VS

Dewford Dogs (2-7) Pyrite Town Pichus

Managers: Finchinator, d0nut vs Genesis7, Ary
RBY OU 1: urban vs Crystal_ (Replay)
RBY OU 2: Not Troller vs Golden Gyarados (Replay)
GSC OU 1: Jimmy Turtwig vs idiotfrommars (Replay)
GSC OU 2: Funkasaurus vs Kenzo (Replay)
ADV OU 1: JabbaTheGriffin vs Cowboy Dan (Replay)
ADV OU 2: reyscarface vs Sam (Replay)
DPP OU 1: Marcop vs Tom0410 (Replay)
DPP OU 2: ToF vs NightFox (Replay)
BW OU 1: Posho vs The Quasar (Replay)
BW OU 2: HSA vs elodin (Replay)
ORAS OU 1: Googly vs Empo (Replay)
ORAS OU 2: Analytic vs Eternal Spirit (Replay)

Hosting Hitmontops

Host: Lutra
Assisted by: Crestfall and Jellicent

Arrange location: Profile posts on the Smogon Forums.
Battle Location: http://smogtours.psim.us/ (no hiding battle rooms)

DC Protection: https://cryptobin.co/ to secure your team with a password. PM the link immediately.
Battles Deadline is June 12th 04:00PM EDT / 10PM CEST

⏫Click here to view winners and top records⏫

Last edited:

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Well we have won, I can't say I didn't expect it, all the players I drafted I had the utmost confidence in. I am very proud of my team for not giving up when we were on the brink of elimination and going on to win 5 weeks straight on the road to winning this tournament. I'll give some individual shoutouts now:

Empo : You were very underrated going into this tour and I think some people still don't grasp just how dominant you are in ORAS. I even underrated you at the start and benched you week 1, which in hindsight was a mistake as you went on to put up a team leading 6-2 record. I hope to team with you in future tournaments.

Eternal Spirit : Always someone I can count on to give a great effort, the past 6-8 months have been absolutely insane for you Pokemon-wise and I hope you can keep it up. You're a great guy and a fearsome player, thank you for your contributions in these past couple months.

elodin : You played with real poise all season, gathering a great 6-2 record as well. You stood out amongst the competition in this tour and I think performances like these should silence those who say your accomplishments on this site are courtesy of other players. Thank you for always being active and proactive in getting your games done, I couldn't ask for more.

The Quasar : The heart and soul of this team, you were always willing to take criticism and were very cooperative in building. I think that everyone enjoyed your upbeat presence in the chat. Your performance was great as well, a special thank you for playing RBY that one week and nabbing a crucial win for us.

NightFox : Well we have played a lot together in the past year and I think it's no secret that I consider you to be one of the best DPPers in the world. I can't thank you enough for playing in this tournament despite what you and your country are currently dealing with. Good luck with WCOP and I'm sure we will play together again.

Tom0410 : My "secret weapon" in this tour, you're someone I rate very highly as a player and builder in DPP. You played well in this tournament and multiple others on Smogon as well (this is your third tournament win on the site I believe). We haven't won together yet in the French tournaments but I'm glad we got to win one here. Well played all season.

Cowboy Dan : You had a shaky start but you managed to put together an insane 5-0 after your slump. I think you should be included in conversations of great ADVers and that more people should take notice of your extremely solid and calculated play and builds.

Sam : You grabbed some absolutely crucial wins for us and kept us in this tour. I know you were probably annoyed by my constant tags by the end there but I'm glad I picked you up and thank you for playing.

idiotfrommars : I decided to build the team around you as I saw you as the strongest GSCer in the tour by quite a wide margin. You put up a great record and helped Kenzo get settled in the tier in the early weeks. Thank you for taking time to play your games despite work and your VGC trips! I'd be ecstatic to play with you again.

Kenzo : I was very impressed with your accomplishments on Pokespain and LC on here and decided to give you a shot in this tour. Despite the odds you managed to put up a respectable 5-4 record in a very skill-based tier in GSC. Glad I decided to grab you!

Crystal_ : Very active and willing to give advice in RBY and GSC. You know more about the early gens than probably the developers themselves and you're always a scary player in RBY. Consistent positive records are tough to come by in the tier but you have managed to make it look easy, color me impressed.

Golden Gyarados : A tough year for you Pokemon wise but you got some important wins here and you have always been a level-headed and stand up guy.

pokebasket : I know it must have been frustrating not playing some weeks since you were much better than a lot of the competition in the tournament, but since 2/4 subs I had became completely inactive and unusable I had to depend on your versatility. You were very active and grabbed some wins despite little time to prepare so thank you for understanding and sticking with us, it shows a lot of character and I'll be sure to push for you in other tournaments because of it.

Aurious : Not your best showing but you stuck around through it all and were always ready to play. Thank you a lot for that.

congrats everyone on the team, we had a fun tour. Also thanks Genesis for drafting me and trusting etc, i know im too wild sometimes but thats my style, what can i do rofl

put me in oras the whole tour next time btw, im not even close of being good at dpp/bw hahaha

Last edited:
Congrats, Pichus, I'm really proud of have sharing team with all of you! Specially NightFox , Eternal Spirit and Crystal_ , but I've met a lot of other nice guys during this tourney.

It seemed really tough...but we made it

jandrov97-05/01/2017
Bad week :( do we still have chances?

NightFox-05/01/2017
Creo que si ganamos las 3 que quedan si Canasta

jandrov97-05/01/2017
Pensé que quedaban menos
Pues a ganar

Genesis7-05/01/2017
ya if we win the last 3 we can make it
I assume that's what nfox said

Thanks, Genesis7 for buying for me, I accepted my role this year and you know I've tried to help every week (above all in ADV and DPP) anyway.

2nd RoAPL I play, 2nd RoAPL I win, coincidence? :pimp:

GAMA PORRA

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Its finally time for shout outs! First off thanks Lutra for hosting yet another year of RoAPL. This year was easily the best year yet (both size and competitive wise) and even though we were unable to keep the streak alive, we all had a good time. I am proud of all our players. We drafted an excellent team and while we didnt win, we did come out of this with the best win/loss record of the season. Cant wait to do this all over again next year! Was never very good at shout outs but here we go.

z0mOG : We never met until I asked you to be my assistant manager but as soon as we talked, I knew I made the right choice. You were the best assistant I could have asked for. You helped me a ton with finalizing our draft picks, actually drafting players (outside of the one time you outbid me!), and keeping the team motivated during the season with your "threats". Keep in touch even though this is over bro.

PDC : Its your second year with us but sorry we couldnt keep your win streak alive. It wasnt your best showing but its cool. Cant win them all.

Shoka : While I admited to you that you wasnt our original choice, you sure showed me that you was definitely the right choice for us!

LuckOverSkill : I have to say this right off the top of the bat. It was hard to take anything you said seriously with your discord avy lol. Anyway, you did great man. Hope to see you back here next year.

UD : A solid showing this season! Glad we got you this season! You are always fun to talk to in chat and you are still an excellent adv player as ever.

Zokuru : You really surprised us all this year. We bought you with the last of our funds not expecting a ton from you and you did so well! You went from just being an occasional sub to a starter with your impressive showing and team building in multiple gens. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll go big!

Lord Ninjax : As usual, you made for a good bench warmer!

ADVANTAGE : A bit shaky this season but you got us some good wins out there. Good job bro.

Texas Cloverleaf : A chill dude on chat that had a solid showing this season. Glad to have you this time around!

JACOB : You did so well this season. Its crazy how we picked you up for so cheap. People sure have short memory spans for them to forget how good you are.

Contact : Not your best showing but we had some good conversations along with a few others. Its been fun.

obii : You had a good showing this year. I dont think we talked much before this but Im glad we met!

-Snow : One of the players z0m recommended for the team. Im glad we decided to go for you since you did well this year!

Mister Tim : The backbone of our rby core. A bit bummed you never really got to freeze hax anyone but you still did well regardless.

Mindnight : It wasnt your best showing but you were a good sub to have!

Melle2402 : You were just unlucky man. But its cool. We all know you are great.

Blightbringer : Last but not least, you didnt have the best record but you were still a great player.

Also thanks to everyone who helped our players with team building even though they weren't actually playing.

osgoode Tokyo Tom Still waiting on that duet! I want to hear your beautiful voices.

Once again, thanks for hosting this tour. Hope next year's season will be even better than this one!

Empo

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 30 Championis the Smogon Tour Season 33 Championwon the 17th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Our run throughout the tournament has been very cool, in my opinion. Not just because we won and stuff, it was very cool talking with my mates for everything about lots of things and suggesting teams' ideas. One of the most important things I've done in this tour is that I've made some friends I didn't know or I barely talked to, and I'm glad Genny drafted me. Thank you mates for your support and for your "good luck"s and stuff that really made this experience quite enjoyable, at least for me. I'm proud of you guys, there were many people that I've never seen in a tournament scene but they played very well and they beat some known tournament players, so congrats guys. This was fun, and thanks for the great experience n_n.

Well, it was really nice be a Pichus. We had some good, funny times together without taking anything away from final victory. Despite my age, I felt very much at home on discord with you. Thanks very much Aurious, Crystal_ ,Cowboy Dan, elodin, Empo, Eternal Spirit, Golden Gyarados, idiotfrommars, Kenzo, pokebasket ,Sam, NightFox, Tom0410.

Of course thanks to Genesis7 from "the heart and soul of your team" ;)

I hope we can play sooner or later together.

Finally, thanks to Lutra for hosting and all partecipants.

Last edited:

Lutra

Spreadsheeter by day, Random Ladderer by night.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Banner by TrainerSplash | Auction assisted by OrdA | Official RoAPL Discord Server | Spreadsheet

Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Semifinals | Finals

Dead Games

Jimmy Turtwig (0-2) idiotfrommars
(RB Replays: 1, 2)
reyscarface (D-D) Sam
ToF (D-D) NightFox

Total RoAPL Matches Completed: 335/375 (89.3%)

RoAPL 3 (2017) Champions

PYRITE TOWN PICHUS

Managed by: Genesis7 & Ary
Players: idiotfrommars, Cowboy Dan, elodin, The Quasar, Sam, Empo, Eternal Spirit, Crystal_,
NightFox, roscoe, Aurious, Golden Gyarados, Tom0410, Kenzo, pokebasket, Fiction.

TOP RECORDS

RBY OU: Crystal_ (6-3)
GSC OU: sulcata (6-2)
ADV OU: Heysup (6-1)
DPP OU: Malekith (7-0)
BW OU: LuckOverSkill (6-1)
ORAS OU: Empo (6-2)

⏫Click here to view match results and replays⏫

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)