Monotype RMT Twisted Dimensions Psychic

Introduction

Hello Everyone and Welcome to my RMT! In today’s speedy monotype metagame we see run of the mill psychic teams built around speed. I decided to try something completely different and went for a Trick Room Psychic team! I also included as a sub strategy a Hazard Stack Team so you could say this is a Trick Room Hazard Stack Team! I hope you enjoy reading my team and any feedback will be highly appreciated. Without further ado here is my team!

Teambuilding Process

First off we have Mega Gardevoir! This mon is probably the centre piece of my team and with good reason! With its amazing typing and monstrous special attack Gardevoir is a very threatening pokemon and an amazing special sweeper. However one thing that holds it back is its speed as it can often be revenge killed easily that outright stops its sweep cold considering its low defense stat. Trick Room greatly rectifies this problem as under Trick Room Gardevoir has the potential to outright sweep fast offensive teams that aren’t prepared. Dragon teams and Dark Teams can often be caught out unexpecting a trick room Gardevoir and it works quite well on many levels.

Next up we have our second trick room setter in Deoxys-Defense. Deoxys-D works well as a bulky hazard setter and a trick room setter and is essential to pulling off the hazard stack strategy. Given Deoxys’ bulk it often finds multiple opportunities to set up hazards throughout a match and greatly aids sweepers in their jobs of finishing teams by weakening targets and breaking sashes. Deoxys can also act as an effective wall and tanks neutral hits very well. With reliable recovery Deoxys can act as a huge pain in the ass for certain teams.

Next up is our premier physical sweeper Victini! Victini’s primary asset to psychic teams is its fire type and powerful STAB in V-Create. However a powerful move like V-Create has the huge drawback in the speed drop that makes Victini susceptible to being revenge killed and is forced to swap out as a result. However Trick Room gets around this flaw and actually proves to be a huge boon to Victini as it has a freely spammable insanely powerful STAB moves that can nuke teams outright. Victini also complements Gardevoir as the combination of both these mons can just sweep teams outright especially unprepared teams.

Next we have Slowbro the third trick room setter and a staple on a psychic team. Slowbro is able to function as a soft check to several threatening dark pokemon such as sharpedo and bisharp and subsequently annoy with scald burns or set up trick room to help out its team mates. Slowbro’s very good physical bulk complements Gardevoir’s nice special bulk also and is a necessity on this psychic team as a reliable trick room setter.

On any trick room team I feel a scarf is necessary for speed control so the team can work outside of Trick Room. I chose Jirachi for this role for three reasons. One is its type generally complements the rest of my team. Secondly the flinch hax can come in handy vs certain teams and be a general annoyance. Third and most importantly is scarf healing wish support. This enables me to heal up a trick room setter mid or late battle or heal up a sweeper to enable me to win late game. It is a very effective late game suppot mon and a general annoyance.

Last but not least comes psychic’s most versatile mon Mew. Mew is a support pokemon that sets up stealth rock to complement Deoxys and provides a valuable speedy taunt. However my Mew set packs a powerful and completely unexpected punch. Read the set to find out! (won’t spoil it just yet)

The Team

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
Here we see the standard three attacking moves on Gardevoir. Hyper voice is good Fairy STAB and psyshock deals good damage to special walls. Focus Blast is valuable coverage vs steel teams and Trick Room is in the last slot to enable Gardevoir to set up trick room and sweep. Quiet Gardevoir maximizes Special Attack and gives it a whopping 471 special attack. This also minimizes speed so that Gardevoir outspeeds as much as possible under Trick Room.

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Spikes
- Night Shade
- Recover
Trick Room and Spikes are two mandatory moves to enable Deoxys to set up hazards and trick room for team support. Recover allows Deoxys to recover up its health and be a general annoyance. Night Shade was chosen as the fourth move to finish off weakened targets and ensure it isn’t total taunt bait. I gave my Deoxys mixed defences to maximize it’s walling potential

Victini @ Flame Plate
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
V-Create is an incredibly poweful STAB move that Victini can use to its full potential under trick room. Bolt Strike is valuable coverage and another very poweful move. U turn helps Victini pivot out if necessary. I chose Will-o-Wisp in the last move to burn Bisharp and other threatening physical mons so that sash Bisharp doesn’t get an opportunity to sweep my team. Flame Plate increases V-Creates power and at the same time helps me bluff a band

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Slack Off
The standard EV spread on a slowbro to maximize its defensive capabilities. Scald and Slack Off are common moves run on Slowbro and Trick Room enables slowbro to also reliable set up trick room for its team mates. Grass Knot is good coverage on Slowbro and enables it to 2hko Sharpedo. Colbur Berry is a common item run on Slowbro as a soft check to dark types. It also enables Slowbro to tank poweful dark special hits and set up trick room for its team mates.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
On any trick room team I feel a scarf is necessary for speed control so the team can work outside of Trick Room so scarf rachi fits this role well. Iron Head and Heart Stamp enable maximum flinch hax on jirachi and scarf enables it to annoyingly flinch the opposing mon. U turn is used to pivot our and scarf Healing wish is valuable team support to heal Trick Room Setters or sweepers alike.

Mew @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
My unique take on a support Mew. Mew acts as support by setting up Stealth Rock and getting off the speedy taunt. With its support set Mew is able to often lure out threatening Dark and Steel pokemon that give psychic trouble like Heatran on Steel, Tyranitar on Dark or Greninja on Water. It is then able to nuke these mons with a fightinium Z Focus Blast that comes completely unexpected. It has caught countless opponents off guard and a rather effective set if used correctly

Conclusion

So here is my Trick Room Hazard Stack Psychic team! I hope you enjoyed reading it. I had fun creating it and am always looking for ideas and suggestions on improvements!

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Spikes
- Night Shade
- Recover

Victini @ Flame Plate
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Slack Off

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp

Mew @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast

Credits
Huge shout-out to Alpha-Harpreet for giving me the idea for this RMT, helping me test my teams and helping me create this RMT. You have been a huge help and motivation in this process. Special Thanks to the Moosical for designing the banner. I love it! Thanks so much

Last edited:
I'll definitely try this team, but just a small nitpick. Why the spatk investment on Victini? I don't see a special attack on it. I think it's better with 248 HP/252 Atk/ 8 Def, to tank a hit better , if need be. Otherwise looks solid!

I'll definitely try this team, but just a small nitpick. Why the spatk investment on Victini? I don't see a special attack on it. I think it's better with 248 HP/252 Atk/ 8 Def, to tank a hit better , if need be. Otherwise looks solid!
I thought I corrected that mistake but it creeped up again. I was trying different Victini sets under Trick Room and that is an artifact of the testing. Thanks for pointing it out I will correct it

I got a list of points you should take into account.
1. Jirachi is an awful revenge killer and imo replaced with maybe a latios so youd have the speed control and the hazard control
2. Please lord save my soul give tini tr so it can set up sweeps for itself instead of relying on another teammate to set it up
3. Subsitute is a good option on tini allowing it to still beat bisharp while also giving it potential additional opportunities to set up TR
4. Oml that mew set is garb (max speed on a tr team?). You missed a valuable opportunity here. Mew can be a powerful setup sweeper on any psychic team. Run a duel dance set with max hp and spA. With psychium nasty plot and tr mew can run train through offensive teams. You can opt for aura sphere over focus blast since you will be modest nature.
5. Compress your roles. TR needs mons that can set up the rooms and go. You dont need spikes. You set up rocks then go into the respective sweepers and plow through teams while it up. I'd recommend a bronzong that basically compresses mew, jirachis steel/psychic typing, deoxys's roles all in one. Even running toxic to be able to wear down walls. ON the flip side you can even run jirachi which can also set up rocks, set up tr then through the use of uturn allow you to bring in your gardevoir or victini. Or even run the healing wish option to give one of your setup sweepers or breakers a second life
6. Grass knot is awful on slowbro on its own. Fire blast all the way so your entire team doesnt get walled by celesteela. In tr sharpedo/gyara arent issues outside of tr u have latios for them both. You can opt for eball on latios alongside defog and both its stabs to take them on.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After further testing and asking around, here are other issues I found.

Funnily enough you have nothing for the psychic ditto, so a bulky set up sweeper over mew maybe beneficial. I've been testing ghostium z cm reunicles, which beats virtually every psychic there is and also beats mons like sableye 1v1 unless its calm mind. The z move set gives you a setup sweeper that cannot be tricked and cannot be statused which is frightening for a bulky setup sweeper

I found e ball, while useful, useless vs poison and bulkier teams. Trick is probably the preferred option over everything.

Also, LO Victini + h wish finally gave me the damage output the team was missing to break through teams, as i found flame plate to be underwhelming. (Though if you're running bronzong opt for flame plate and never run sub since you dont want to lose hp vs scizor). Also run a tiny bit of speed evs to outpace def scizor outside of tr.

Last edited:
I got a list of points you should take into account.
1. Jirachi is an awful revenge killer and imo replaced with maybe a latios so youd have the speed control and the hazard control
2. Please lord save my soul give tini tr so it can set up sweeps for itself instead of relying on another teammate to set it up
3. Subsitute is a good option on tini allowing it to still beat bisharp while also giving it potential additional opportunities to set up TR
4. Oml that mew set is garb (max speed on a tr team?). You missed a valuable opportunity here. Mew can be a powerful setup sweeper on any psychic team. Run a duel dance set with max hp and spA. With psychium nasty plot and tr mew can run train through offensive teams. You can opt for aura sphere over focus blast since you will be modest nature.
5. Compress your roles. TR needs mons that can set up the rooms and go. You dont need spikes. You set up rocks then go into the respective sweepers and plow through teams while it up. I'd recommend a bronzong that basically compresses mew, jirachis steel/psychic typing, deoxys's roles all in one. Even running toxic to be able to wear down walls. ON the flip side you can even run jirachi which can also set up rocks, set up tr then through the use of uturn allow you to bring in your gardevoir or victini. Or even run the healing wish option to give one of your setup sweepers or breakers a second life
6. Grass knot is awful on slowbro on its own. Fire blast all the way so your entire team doesnt get walled by celesteela. In tr sharpedo/gyara arent issues outside of tr u have latios for them both. You can opt for eball on latios alongside defog and both its stabs to take them on.
It's a lot of changes but a lot of them make sense. I will probably experiment and see how these changes affect my team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)