Revitalizing and Picking up the Pace [Read Please]

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, due to VGC 12 rules coming out and school starting, among other things, this project has somewhat come to a halt. I'd definitely like to start it up again, but since I think we are focusing our energy on VGC and school at the moment, it would make more sense to take a different approach.

Our content for doubles is great, but we lack people focusing on GBU Singles and GBU Triples. Although I know doubles is probably more commonly played by those frequenting this forum (myself included) it would be cool if we could branch out and at least try it out and try writing for it.

I am also going to revamp the battle video thread a bit, and make it a more interactive thing besides just "HERES MY VIDEO WATCH IT PLZ". There's quite a few things to do to spark life here again.

In the near future there may be some more direct motivation to those of you posting, similar to what's going on in the main DST forum. I'm not going to divulge any details besides this, but I want to see some life back in this forum!

Remember, have fun and play pokemon.

Sounds interesting. I play way more singles than I do doubles, but although I've been with Pokémon from the very beginning, this generation is the first one I have battled other humans (on the GBU)... That and the relatively short time I've been on this website has prevented me from attempting "analysing" a Pokémon officially. I have roughly 500 wins (out of 800) in Singles though, and have a massive knowledge of Pokémon in general. Maybe I'll try something in the future, who knows.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I think this section would draw a bit more attention if the main website featured GBU analyses as well as Smogon's metagame analyses, especially considering GBU is Nintendo's official metagame.

I would probably play Singles and Triples if there were more incentive to play Singles and Triples, such as a Tournament or a VGC that featured them. But since every VGC pretty much focuses on Doubles, what's the point?

:toast:

Triples is my main metagame right now. Before switching to a new DS, I had an 1800+ rating, and a 72W/12L record all with the same team. (new DS record with that same team is 11W/3L)

Triples (imo) is an amazing bridge point between casual and competitive battling.

People who want to use some of their "favorite Pokemon" from their earlier years of playing casual Pokemon when IVs and natures didn't matter, can do so, and those Pokemon are competitively viable in Triples (i.e, Jigglypuff, Pikachu).

Triples definitely need a boost in activty.

I personally love playing Triples, I feel there should maybe be a section discussion positioning so that it could feel like less of a Doubles rehash.

For example, Hydreigon plays well on the side as both his main STABs allow him to hit non-adjacent opponents, etc. Maybe on each discussion topic have a section on where the Pokemon should be as it's been more than once my strategy's been screwed because my Pokemon should've been in the center, but ended up in the side.

I love flat battles. I love it as much as any other tier.

However I do think tripiles also have to boost in activity. I would love to get involved in it but we need it to be explained more competitivly.

You can pull off some crazy stuff in Triples. No joke, even Jigglypuff is viable.

Triples would be extremely difficult to explain what's good, and what's better with all of the possible combinations there are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)