Programming Random Team Generator

Hi, I just discovered this tool and it's really impressive. Would there be a way to make so that you don't have more than two pokemon weak to the same type? Hope I worded it correctly

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It's not abandoned, I'm just busy. I'll continue to make improvements when I have time.

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've updated this to generate teams for all of the official SM metagames.

Most Pokemon don't have an analysis on-site yet, so I used the moveset stats from the last month to generate movesets. Expect these usage-based movesets to be bad, sometimes hilariously so. I don't plan on putting significant effort into making them better right now, since they'll eventually be replaced by much better sets once more analyses go up. When you get a terrible set, laugh and re-roll, or just fix it yourself when you import.

Enjoy!

I really like this team generator; is there any chance of adding VGC '17 to the list of formats? You'd have to add a check for item clause, but I think it could be fun to use.
I'd also like to second the suggestion for a checkbox that eliminates the possibility of more than two Pokemon having a duplicate typing on the team. Being able to massively improve the consistency of the generated teams, at the cost of eliminating some fringe cases where type stacking is fine, seems like a worthwhile trade-off.

Last edited:

Honko

he of many honks
Yeah, but realistically it probably won't be anytime soon. I'll try to get it properly updated for this gen before Nintendo releases the next one...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)